- Home /
- Product Details
- All 8 outlets feature surge protection.
- 4 outlets also provide battery back-up. Gives you time to save your work in the event of a power outage.
- Ethernet surge protection guards against power surges traveling on network lines.
- Push-button circuit breaker enables quick recovery from overloads.
|average charging time||8 hours|
|Backup/Run Time (Full Load)||2 Minute|
|Backup/Run Time (Half Load)||9 Minute|
|battery type||Sealed Lead Acid (SLA)|
|Certifications & Standards||FCC Part 15 Class B; FCC Part 68; NOM; TUV; UL 1778; UL 497A; UL 497B; UL 1449|
|coaxial cable line protection||no|
|connected equipment warranty||$75,000|
|cord length||5 feet|
|dimensions||4.7"H x 15"W x 8.9"D|
|EMI/RFI noise reduction||yes|
|Environmental Certification||ENERGY STAR|
|fax/phone line protection||yes|
|Frequency Provided||50/60 Hz|
|Input Connectors||1 x power NEMA 5-15P|
|Input Voltage||110 V AC|
|joule rating||365 joules|
|Load Capacity (VA)||450 VA|
|Load Capacity (Watt)||257 W|
|manufacturer||American Power Conversion|
|Maximum Battery Recharge Time||24 Hour|
|mounting hardware included||no|
|Number of Batteries||1|
|number of outlets||8|
|number of outlets with battery backup||4|
|Output Voltage||120 V AC|
|package contents||Back-UPS NS Network 40 8 Outlet 120V; User Manual|
|Plug/Connector Type||NEMA 5-15P|
|protection status indication||yes|
|Receptacles||4 x NEMA 5-15R|
|warranty length||3-year limited|
From the Manufacturer|
- Guaranteed protection and battery backup power for your valuable electronics, ensuring they remain safe from dangerous power disturbances
- Stay available and connected by powering critical devices (computers, wireless networking devices, gaming consoles, security systems and other electronics) during a blackout
- Guaranteed protection from surges and spikes caused by storms, lightning, circuit overloads, power cycling, etc.
- 8 total outlets – 4 battery backup, 4 surge only outlets
- Periodic battery self-test ensures early detection of a battery that needs to be replaced
- Lifetime $75,000 equipment protection policy for all connected electronics
- ENERGY STAR® certified
The electronic devices you rely on every day for communication, security, and entertainment such as networking equipment, computers, televisions, security systems, and gaming consoles are at risk of damage and disconnect due to unexpected blackouts, voltage fluctuations, and other power disruptions.
The APC by Schneider Electric Back-UPS BN4001 provides instant battery power to your critical electronics when the power goes out, reducing risk of damage and keeping you connected and available both personally and professionally. Additionally, the BN4001 UPS (uninterruptible power supply) offers guaranteed surge and lightning protection for attached electronics. This UPS power supply unit offers eight outlets, four of which provide battery backups, and a 257-watt/450-volt ampere output power capacity. By connecting your valuable devices, you are ensuring these investments against potentially irreversible damage. When the power goes out, the APC BN4001 will power critical devices including home networking equipment; allowing you to maintain your internet connection. This allows you to work productively, avoid the loss of valuable data, and safely shut down equipment.
Battery Backup Keeps Critical Components RunningThe BN4001 UPS offers guaranteed backup battery power for your electronic devices. When power is interrupted or fluctuates outside safe levels, the BN4001 instantly provides clean battery power to your sensitive electronics. Work safely throughout brief outages or save your data and safely shut down electronics during extended outages.
Protection from Dangerous Surges and SpikesThe BN4001 battery backup features a total of eight power outlets, all of which shield your devices against dangerous surges or spikes in voltage. Four of these are UPS battery backup outlets that provide instant power to critical devices like computers and home networking equipment when there is an outage.
Phone and Network Data Line Surge ProtectionIn addition to standard power line surge protection, the BN4001 backup battery also provides protection from dangerous "backdoor" surges that travel along telephone and network data lines. Just route the phone or network data line through the BN4001 UPS to protect your devices from lightning, surges, and spikes.
ENERGY STAR Certified for Energy Efficiency
The BN4001 UPS is ENERGY STAR® certified for its efficient operation and ability to help realize lower energy costs.
Warranty and Equipment Protection PolicyThis UPS is covered by a three-year limited warranty. It also comes with a lifetime equipment protection policy of up to $75,000. APC will repair or replace attached equipment that sustains surge-related damage while properly connected to a registered Back-UPS uninterruptible power supply unit.
APC Back-UPS BN4001 unit with 5-foot power cord and user manual.
- Output Power Capacity: 257 Watts / 450 VA
- Max Configurable Power: 257 Watts / 0 VA
- Nominal Ouput Voltage: 120V
- Outpout Frequency (sync to mains): 50/60Hz +/- 3Hz
- Topology: Standby
- Waveform Type: Stepped approximation to a sinewave
- Output Connections: (4) NEMA 5-15R (Battery Backup), (4) NEMA 5-15R (Surge Protection)
- Nominal Input Voltage: 120V
- Input Frequency: 50/60Hz +/- 3Hz (auto sensing)
- Input Connections: NEMA 5-15P
- Cord Length: 1.52 meters
- Input Voltage Range for Main Operations: 88 - 139V
Batteries & Runtime
- Battery Type: Maintenance-free sealed Lead-Acid battery with suspended electrolyte : leakproof
- Typical Recharge Time1 : 20 hour(s)
- RBC Quantity: 1
Communications & Management
- Control Panel: LED status display with On Line : On Battery : Replace Battery and Building Wiring Fault
- Audible Alarm: Alarm when on battery : distinctive low battery alarm : overload continuous tone alarm
Surge Protection & Filtering
- Surge Energy Rating: 365 Joules
- Filtering: Full time multi-pole noise filtering : 5% IEEE surge let-through : zero clamping response time : meets UL 1449
- Data Line Protection: RJ45 10/100 Base-T Ethernet protection
- Maximum Height: 3.46 in
- Maximum Width: 7.09 in
- Maximum Depth: 11.89 in
- Net Weight: 10.34 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 11.88 lbs
- Shipping Height: 5.04 in
- Shipping Width: 9.25 in
- Shipping Depth: 15.47 in
- Color: Black
- Regulatory Approvals: California (CEC) Battery Charger, ENERGY STAR (USA), FCC Part 15 Class B, FCC Part 68, NOM, TUV, UL 1778, UL 497A, UL 497B
Sustainable Offer Status
- oHS: Compliant
- REACH: Contains no SVCHCs
- 1 The time to recharge to 90% of full battery capacity following a discharge to shutdown using a load rated for 1/2 the full load rating of the UPS.
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability