This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards Everything now!
APC® by Schneider® Electric Smart-UPS 1440VA Rack-Mountable Uninterruptible Power Supply Item # 909553
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Protect your servers, switches, routers and networking devices with the APC Smart-UPS SMT1500RM2U. This UPS provides backup battery power in the event of a power outage, monitoring and safeguarding your equipment from harmful power conditions, spikes and surges.
- An automatic green mode ensures you are operating at the highest level of efficiency, and intelligent battery management maximizes performance.
- Use the intuitive LCD interface or PowerChute Business Edition software to configure UPS settings and monitor usage.
- With a 1,000-watt power capacity, 8 battery and surge protected outlets and a switchable outlet group, this UPS is ideal for small and medium-sized businesses.
- Comes with rails and hardware for rack-mounted installation.
- Backed by the manufacturer's 3-year limited warranty and $150,000 equipment protection policy.
|average charging time||3 hours|
|Backup/Run Time (Full Load)||7 Minute|
|Backup/Run Time (Half Load)||26 Minute|
|Battery Characteristics||Maintenance-free, Sealed, Spill-proof|
|battery type||Lead Acid|
|Certifications & Standards||CSA; FCC Part 15 Class A; UL 1778; UL 1449|
|connected equipment warranty||$150,000|
|dimensions||3.5"H x 17"W x 18"D|
|Emergency Power OFF||Optional|
|Frequency Provided||57 - 63 Hz|
|Input Connectors||1 x power NEMA 5-15|
|Input Voltage||110 V AC|
|joule rating||455 joules|
|Load Capacity (VA)||1440 VA|
|Load Capacity (Watt)||1000 W|
|manufacturer||Schneider Electric SA|
|Maximum Battery Recharge Time||3 Hour|
|mounting hardware included||yes|
|number of outlets||6|
|number of outlets with battery backup||6|
|Output Voltage||120 V AC|
|package contents||Smart-UPS SMT1500RM2U 1440VA Rack-mountable UPS; CD with Software; Documentation CD; Installation Guide; Rack Mounting Support Rails; Smart UPS Signaling RS-232 Cable; USB Cable|
|Plug/Connector Type||NEMA 5-15P|
|ports||1 serial; 1 USB|
|protection status indication||yes|
|Receptacles||6 x NEMA 5-15R|
|Total Number of Expansion Slots||1|
|warranty length||3-year limited|
|Weight (Approximate)||63 lb|
|Show More ▾|
Product Q & A
From the Manufacturer|
APC Smart-UPS SMT1500RM2U Video
APC Smart-UPS SMT1500RM2U
- Instant backup battery power during an outage
- Protects electronic equipment from harmful power conditions
- Six power and surge protected outlets
- One switchable outlet group for individual load management
- Pure sine wave output while on battery
- Green mode reduces power consumption
- Smart battery management for long battery life
- LCD interface with intuitive navigation keys
- SmartSlot for using a network management card
- Includes rails and hardware for rack-mount installation
- PowerChute software provides safe shutdown
- Three-year limited warranty
- $150,000 equipment protection policy
Backup Battery Lets You Keep Working through Outages
Protect your servers, switches, routers and networking devices with the APC Smart-UPS SMT1500RM2U. This UPS provides backup battery power in the event of a power outage, monitoring and safeguarding your equipment from harmful power conditions, spikes and surges. An automatic green mode ensures you are operating at the highest level of efficiency, and intelligent battery management maximizes performance. Use the intuitive LCD interface or PowerChute Business Edition software to configure UPS settings and monitor usage. With a 1,000-watt power capacity, eight battery and surge protected outlets and one switchable outlet group, this UPS is ideal for small and medium-sized businesses. This model comes with rails and hardware for rack-mounted installation.
Protects Electronic Equipment from Power Disruptions
Keep your electronic equipment protected through blackouts, brownouts, surges, and other power disturbances with APC Smart-UPS. It provides generous runtime while on battery so you can continue working during medium-length power outages.
Automatic voltage regulation (AVR) adjusts high and low voltages to a safe level, ensuring your equipment has reliable power and preserving the life of the battery. The pure sine wave output while on battery provides the highest degree of compatibility for active PFC (power factor corrected) servers and sensitive electronics.
Power-Saving Green Mode Operates at High EfficiencyOperate efficiently with the Smart-UPS green mode, conserving energy when power quality is within optimal levels and power conditioning is not necessary. The UPS will enter and exit green mode automatically, ensuring you are always operating at the highest efficiency while saving power, reducing utility costs, and generating less heat. To help you monitor your energy usage, this UPS has an energy meter that provides actual kilowatt-hours of usage.
Battery Management Features Ensure Optimal PerformanceFor easy battery maintenance, this UPS provides you with a predictive date for when battery replacement is recommended. The periodic self-test and disconnected battery notification both ensure you detect any faulty batteries. To prolong battery life, the Smart-UPS regulates the charge voltage according to battery temperature.
Intuitive LCD Interface for Easy ConfigurationCheck utility status and adjust settings on the easy-to-use LCD interface. A bright display provides clear, accurate information in multiple language options, and intuitive navigation keys make it simple to configure settings. This UPS has a SmartSlot that allows use of a network management card for customization.
PowerChute Software Provides Safe System Shutdown
Designed for exceptional usability, PowerChute Business Edition software provides safe system shutdown in the event of an extended power outage while preventing potential data corruption. It's fast and easy to install, and you can tailor settings to meet your individual needs. Find cost savings by using PowerChute to monitor your equipment's energy consumption.
Warranty and Equipment Protection PolicyThis Smart-UPS is covered by a three-year limited warranty. This product also comes with a lifetime equipment protection policy of up to $150,000. APC will repair or replace office equipment that sustains surge-related damage while properly connected to a registered APC Smart-UPS unit.
Package ContentsAPC Smart-UPS SMT1500, CD with PowerChute Business Edition software, documentation CD, Smart-UPS APC Smart-UPS SMT1500RM2U, CD with PowerChute Business Edition software, documentation CD, rack-mount support rails and hardware, Smart-UPS signaling RS-232 cable, and USB cable.signaling RS-232 cable, and USB cable.
- Output Power Capacity: 1000 Watts / 1440VA
- Max Configurable Power: 1000 Watts / 1440VA
- Nominal Ouput Voltage: 120V
- Output Voltage Distortion: Less than 5% at full load
- Outpout Frequency (sync to mains): 50/60Hz +/- 3Hz (auto sensing)
- Topology: Line interactive
- Waveform Type: Sine Wave
- Output Connections: (6) NEMA 5-15R
- Nominal Input Voltage: 120V
- Input Frequency: 50/60Hz +/- 3Hz (auto sensing)
- Input Connections: NEMA 5-15P
- Cord Length: 2.44 meters
- Input Voltage Range for Main Operations: 82 - 144V
- Input Voltage Adjustable Range for Mains Operation: 75 - 154V
Batteries & Runtime
- Battery Type: Maintenance-free sealed Lead-Acid battery with suspended electrolyte, leakproof
- Typical Recharge Time1 : 3 hour(s)
- RBC Quantity: 1
Communications & Management
- Interface Port(s): SmartSlot, USB
- Control Panel: Multi-function LCD status and control console
- Audible Alarm: Alarm when on battery, distinctive low battery alarm, configurable delays
- Emergency Power Off (EPO): Optional
Surge Protection & Filtering
- Surge Energy Rating: 455 Joules
- Filtering: Full time multi-pole noise filtering, 0.3% IEEE surge let-through, zero clamping response time, meets UL 1449
- Maximum Height: 3.50 in
- Maximum Width: 17.00 in
- Maximum Depth: 18.00 in
- Net Weight: 63.00 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 70.20 lbs
- Shipping Height: 9.88 in
- Shipping Width: 23.38 in
- Shipping Depth: 23.75 in
- Color: Black
- Regulatory Approvals: CSA, ENERGY STAR (USA), FCC Part 15 Class A, UL 1778
Sustainable Offer Status
- RoHS: Compliant
- REACH: Contains no SVCHCs
- 1 The time to recharge to 90% of full battery capacity following a discharge to shutdown using a load rated for 1/2 the full load rating of the UPS.