DescriptionThe D-Link DGS-105 is a 5-port Gigabit desktop switch for the SMB and enterprise class business seeking a metal housed, Plug-and-Play solution capable of providing reliable connectivity for network users. The DGS-105 delivers power, performance, and reliability in one cost-effective, space-saving design.
- Gigabit Ethernet support for high-speed networking. The 5 ports each allow speeds of up to 1000Mbps ? 10 times faster than Fast Ethernet.
- Makes it easy to add multiple devices to your network. By connecting the DGS-105 to your router, you can add up to 5 more computers or devices to your home or office network with Gigabit connectivity. Add devices like your gaming console, printer, print server, network-attached storage (NAS) or network camera with a simple Ethernet cable.
- Port-based Quality of Service (QoS) lets you prioritize your media traffic. Visible LEDs allow for easy reading of each port status and speed, helping to troubleshoot connectivity problems.
- Small, compact design fits almost anywhere. Includes a durable metal case to keep the switch cool and protected ? ideal for wiring closets, conference rooms or small offices. Use it on a flat surface or use the included wall mount kit. The Kensington Security Slot on the rear panel also allows users to securely fasten the unit to a table or desk.
- Power-saving features help conserve energy. Automatically powers down ports that are not in use. Detects cable length, reducing power transmitted for the shorter cables.
- Plug-and-play installation for fast, easy setup.
- Greener choice ? complies with Energy Star® standards.
|Additional Information||Jumbo Frames: 9.6KB|
|Ethernet Technology||Gigabit Ethernet|
|form factor||Desktop; Wall Mountable|
|Management||QoS: 802.1p (4 Queues); Priority queuing|
|manufacturer||D-Link Systems, Inc|
|Media Type Supported||Twisted Pair|
|Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports||5|
|Port/Expansion Slot Details||5 x Gigabit Ethernet Network|
|Product Name||DGS-105 5-Port Desktop Switch|
|Product Type||Ethernet Switch|
|Total Number of Network Ports||5|
|Twisted Pair Cable Standard||Category 5|
|warranty length||5-year limited|
From the Manufacturer|
OverviewThe DGS-105 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Metal Desktop Switch provides a quick, easy and economical way to add high speed networking to home offices and small/medium businesses. With data transfer speeds of up to 2000 Mbps the DGS-105 is ideal for fast file transfers, and smooth media streaming. It provides five Gigabit ports for easy expansion of your network and a quick way to upgrade your network to Gigabit connectivity.
Effortless Gigabit NetworkingWith data transfer speeds of up to 2000 Mbps on Gigabit Ethernet, the D-Link DGS-105 Switch is ideal for transferring files quickly. Easy access front Ethernet ports with two color LED indicators per port allows you to quickly distinguish link status and speed. The switch supports IEEE 802.1p QoS, which organizes and prioritizes time-sensitive and important data for efficient delivery, allowing for smooth media streaming and VoIP calling. Additionally the switch incorporates a Kensington Security Slot on the rear panel allowing users to securely fasten the unit to a table or desk.
Gigabit Connection for Home and SOHOThe DGS-105 Switch offers an economical way for SOHO and small/medium businesses to benefit from the increased bandwidth of Gigabit Ethernet. It provides five Gigabit ports for easy expansion of your network and a quick way to upgrade your network to Gigabit connectivity.
Think GreenThe DGS-105 is a plug-and-play networking switch that offers D-Link’s Green Technology to save energy and reduce heat, which in turn extends product life without sacrificing performance or functionality. The switch supports IEEE 802.3az Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE) which detects when a connected computer is shut down or when there is no Ethernet traffic, at which time the switch will automatically power down the idle port, saving a substantial amount of power. In addition, the switch can also save energy by detecting the cable length and using only as much power as necessary. Working together these features drastically reduce power consumption and heat dissipation, resulting in extended life and substantial cost savings.
IEEE 802.1p QoSQoS prioritizes network traffic so that time-sensitive data is delivered efficiently, even during bursts of high data traffic. This helps ensure an optimal experience for streaming media and VoIP calls.
Environmentally FriendlyThe DGS-105 Switch was designed with the environment in mind. It is compliant with Energy Star Level V, CEC, and MEPS regulations which require the use of energy efficient power adapters. Built to comply with RoHS standards to minimize use of hazardous materials and is packaged with an EnergyStar Level V qualified power adapter all in a recyclable packaging making this product truly environmental friendly.
Cable Diagnostics FunctionThe D-Link Cable Diagnostics Function enables users to be instantly aware of cable conditions through the LED display on the front-panel. Users can determine whether the pin connections of their cable connectors are correct, facilitating prompt network troubleshooting if required.
• Built-in D-Link Green Technology
• Rugged metal housing
• Inexpensive Gigabit solution for small and medium business
• Five 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit ports
• 10 Gbps switching fabric
• Auto MDI/MDIX crossover for all ports
• Secure store-and-forward switching scheme
• Full/half-duplex for Ethernet/Fast Ethernet speeds
• IEEE 802.3x Flow Control
• Supports Jumbo Frames
• Supports IEEE 802.1p QoS
• Supports Cable Diagnostics Function
• RoHS compliant
• Plug-and-play installation
- IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T Ethernet (twisted-pair copper)
- IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet (twisted-pair copper)
- IEEE 802.3ab 1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (twisted-pair copper)
- ANSI/IEEE 802.3 NWay auto-negotiation
- IEEE 802.3x Flow Control
- IEEE 802.1p QoS
- IEEE 802.3az Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE) Protocol
Data Transfer Rates
- Ethernet: 10 Mbps (half duplex), 20 Mbps (full duplex)
- Fast Ethernet: 100 Mbps (half duplex), 200 Mbps (full duplex)
- Gigabit Ethernet: 2000 Mbps (full duplex)
- 10BASE-T: UTP CAT 3, 4, 5/5e (100 m max.)
- EIA/TIA-586 100-ohm STP (100 m max.)
- 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T: UTP CAT 5/5e (100 m max.)
- EIA/TIA-568 100-ohm STP (100 m max.)
Media Interface Exchange
- Auto MDI/MDIX adjustment for all ports
- Per port: Link/Activity/Speed
- Per device: Power
MAC Address Table
MAC Address Learning
- Automatic update
Packet Filtering/Forwarding Rates
- Ethernet: 14,880 pps per port
- Fast Ethernet: 148,800 pps per port
- Gigabit Ethernet: 1,488,000 pps per port
- 128KB per device
- 9,216 Bytes
- 4 Queues, strict mode
- External 5V/1 A Level “V” Power Adapter
- Power On (Standby): DC input: 0.2 watts
- AC input: 0.74 watts
- Maximum: DC input: 1.55 watts
- AC input: 2.75 watts
- Power On (Standby) AC input: 2.5234 BTU/h
- Maximum DC input: 5.2855 BTU/h
- 593,755 hours
- 32 to 104 ˚F (30 to 40 ˚C)
- 14 to 158 ˚F (-10 to 70 ˚C)
- 10% to 90% RH non-condensing
- 5% to 90% RH non-condensing
- 3.9 x 3.8 x 1.1 inches(100 x 98 x 28 mm)
- 0.57 lbs (256 grams)
- FCC Class B
- ICES-003 Class B
- CE Class B
- C-Tick Class B
- VCCI Class B
- Limited Lifetime
- DGS-105 5-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Metal Desktop Switch
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability