StarTech.com 1 Port Low Profile Native PCI Express Serial Card w/ 16950 Item # 944133
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Add 1 high-speed serial RS-232 port to any PC with a PCI Express slot. The PEX1S952LP 1 Port Low Profile Native PCI Express RS232 Serial Adapter Card with 16950 UART adds an RS232 (DB9) Serial Port with data rates up to 460 Kbps to a computer through an available low profile PCIe slot, while relying on a native, single-chip design (Oxford OXPCIe952) that harnesses the capability of true PCI Express - ensuring maximum performance and reliability and reducing the load applied to the CPU by as much as 48% over conventional (bridge chip) serial cards.The 1 port RS232 serial card features a half-height pci express mounting bracket that's designed specifically for low profile/small form factor computer cases, and includes an optional standard height bracket as well. Compatible with a broad range of operating systems including Windows and Linux for easy integration into mixed environments.
|form factor||Plug-in Card|
|Host Interface||PCI Express x1|
|maximum data transfer rate||Up to 3.59 Mbit/s|
|package contents||1 Port LP PCI Express DB9 Serial Adapter Card; Low Profile Bracket|
|ports||1 serial (external)|
|warranty length||limited lifetime|
|Show More ▾|
Add 1 high-speed serial RS-232 port to any PC with a PCI Express slot
Reduced CPU load and increased performance via native single-chip designRelies on a native, single-chip design (Oxford OXPCIe952) that harnesses the capability of true PCI Express - ensuring maximum performance and reliability and reducing the load applied to the CPU by as much as 48% over conventional (bridge chip) serial cards.
- Bank teller workstations in either full profile or low profile versions to control their serial devices such as cash drawers, card readers / card swipes, printers, keypads / pinpads, pen pads
- POS retail applications in grocery stores, and any other retail store to control keyboards, cash drawers, receipt printers, card readers / card swipes, scales, and elevated displays on poles
- Self service automated machines and kiosks to control serial devices such as scales, touchscreens, magnetic card readers, bar code scanners, receipt printers, label printers
- Standard ATM automated teller machines to control keypads, receipt printer, card readers / card swipes, touchscreen LCD's, camera control, etc.
- Used to control multiple surveillance / security cameras in a parking structure, office building, etc.