This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards Everything now!
StarTech.com 6ft RS422/485 USB Serial Adapter w/ COM Retention Item # 947643
Add an RS422/485 serial port to your system through USB; features COM port retention. The ICUSB422 6ft Professional RS422/485 USB Serial Cable Adapter with COM Port Retention lets you connect RS422 or RS485 serial devices to your USB-enabled computer. The adapter features a 9-pin (DB9) male serial connector as well as dipswitch controls for easy port configuration, and requires minimal software.The serial adapter is USB-powered, eliminating the aggravation of requiring an external power adapter. With COM port retention, assigned port settings are saved, so you can disconnect and reconnect the adapter with virtually no configuration required on the host computer.
|Connector on First End||1 x 9-pin DB-9 Male RS-422 Serial|
|Connector on Second End||1 x Type A Female USB 1.1 USB|
|warranty length||2-year limited|
|Weight (Approximate)||3.53 oz|
Add an RS422/485 serial port to your system through USB; features COM port retention
USB to Straight-Through RS422/485 Serial AdapterThe ICUSB422 6 ft Professional RS422/485 USB Serial Cable Adapter with COM Port Retention lets you connect RS422 or RS485 serial devices to your USB-enabled computer. The adapter features a 9-pin (DB9) male serial connector as well as dipswitch controls for easy port configuration, and requires minimal software.
COM retention saves the assigned port settings for the device, so disconnecting/reconnecting is hassle-freeThe RS422/RS485 USB Adapter is fully powered via the host USB connection and provides power to the attached serial device without requiring an external power adapter. COM Port Retention saves the assigned port settings, allowing you to disconnect and re-connect the adapter with little to no configuration required on the host computer.
- Ideal for connecting serial RS422/485 devices to notebooks or tablet PC’s through an available USB port
- Perfect for controlling/diagnosing manufacturing machines(CNC, Process Control Equipment, Bar Code Scanners, Serial Printers)
- Security device control (key panels, cameras, card readers)
- Great for Industrial programmers looking to test new code with serial devices
- Adapting and expanding POS systems
- Communicating with test and monitoring equipment.
- Connect and program LED and Digital signage boards with serial communication ports