- Home /
- Product Details
Are you looking to expand your data center with a cost-effective two socket server blade offering exceptional price/performance in a half-height form factor? The ProLiant BL465c Gen8 Server Blade provides a unique blend of core density combined with a broad memory footprint in a half-height form factor that delivers unparalleled price/performance leadership for virtualization, IT infrastructure, database, and high-performance computing (HPC) environments. With up to 512 cores in a single enclosure and up to 2048 cores in a single rack, these servers provide very dense deployment for your data center. Innovations in performance, flexibility in networking options, and robust management features make this the ideal 2-socket server blade for midmarket and enterprise data centers.
|Certifications & Standards||ACPI 2.0; Microsoft Logo certifications; IPMI 2.0; Secure Digital 2.0; TPM 1.2 Support; IEEE (specific IEEE standards dependant on Ethernet adapter card(s) installed); Advanced Encryption Standard (AES); Triple Data Encryption Standard (3DES); SNMP; PCIe 2.0|
|Compatibility||Microsoft Windows Server; Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL); SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES); Oracle Solaris; VMware; Citrix XenServer|
|controller type||6Gb/s SAS|
|Effective Memory Speed||1333 MHz|
|Ethernet Ports||2 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet|
|Graphics Controller Manufacturer||Matrox|
|Graphics Controller Model||G200|
|HyperTransport Speed||6400 MHz|
|Maximum Memory||256 GB|
|memory card reader||yes|
|Memory Card Supported||microSDHC|
|Memory Technology||DDR3 SDRAM|
|Number of Internal 2.5" Bays||2|
|Number of PCI Express x16 Slots||1|
|Number of PCI Express x8 Slots||1|
|Number of Processors Installed||2|
|Number of Processors Supported||2|
|Number of Total Expansion Bays||2|
|Number of Total Expansion Slots||2|
|Number of Total Memory Slots||16|
|operating system details||none|
|ports||1 Ethernet (RJ-45); 1 USB 2.0|
|Processor Core||Octa-core (8 Core)|
|processor speed||2.80 GHz|
|Product Series||BL465c G8|
|RAID Levels||0, 1|
|RAID Levels (SDE)||0; 1|
|RAM Supported||PC3-10600 - 512 GB - Load-Reduced ¦ PC3-12800 - 256 GB - registered|
|Rated Memory Speed||1333 MHz|
|Remote Management Controller||Integrated Lights-Out 4|
|Standard Memory||64 GB|
|Storage Controller Name||Smart Array P220i with 512MB FBWC|
|Total Number of USB Ports||1|
|warranty length||3-year limited|
|wired connectivity||10 Gigabit Ethernet|
HP ProLiant BL465c Gen8 6320 2P 64GB-R P220i Server/S-Buy
|Are you looking to expand your data center with a cost-effective two socket server blade offering exceptional price/performance in a half-height form factor? The ProLiant BL465c Gen8 Server Blade provides a unique blend of core density combined with a broad memory footprint in a half-height form factor that delivers unparalleled price/performance leadership for virtualization, IT infrastructure, database, and high-performance computing (HPC) environments. With up to 512 cores in a single enclosure and up to 2048 cores in a single rack, these servers provide very dense deployment for your data center. Innovations in performance, flexibility in networking options, and robust management features make this the ideal 2-socket server blade for midmarket and enterprise data centers.|
Redefining the Customer Experience
- The user-inspired design features of the HP ProLiant BL465c Gen8 Server Blade anticipate your needs and virtually eliminate common issues that result in downtime.
- Integrated Lifecycle Automation, an industry first, provides embedded provisioning tools, Active Health monitoring, and system maintenance capabilities standard on all ProLiant servers using the industry-leading HP iLO Management Engine.
- Dynamic Workload Acceleration delivers smarter data protection for ever-increasing drive capacities, real-time workload-aware analysis to optimize and adapt storage performance, and 6X faster solid state performance versus previous generation.
- Automated Energy Optimization improves the server's ability to analyze and respond to "3D Sea of Sensors" data within the server as well as self-identify location and inventory through HP Insight Control for maximum workload optimization across the entire data center.
Intuitive, Automated System Management Reduces Tedious, Time-Consuming Tasks
- HP Intelligent Provisioning is a single embedded tool for all server set-up and configuration tasks. All of the firmware, drivers, and tools that you need to quickly get your systems online are built into Gen8 servers - no more CDs or DVDs needed.
- HP Active Health provides 24x7 continuous agentless health monitoring and alerting and 100% configuration change logging. Start problem analysis faster using unified diagnostic tools with secure data transfer to HP Service and Support.
- Smart Update is a breakthrough system maintenance tool with one-click simplicity that systematically updates firmware and system software across servers and blade infrastructures at the scale of your data center.
Improved Application, Storage, and I/O Performance
- HP SmartMemory provides unmatched performance, quality and manageability advantages above industry standard memory, with support for up to 512 GB capacity at 1333 MHz and up to 256 GB at 1600 MHz.
- The integrated HP Smart Array P220i RAID controller with 512 MB Flash Backed Write Cache supports HP Smart Storage and HP SmartDrives. Choice of two (2) 2.5-inch SFF SAS, SATA, or SSD drives.
- BL465c Gen8 1x8 and 1x16 I/O expansion slots support the highest performing mezzanine option cards and provide I/O bandwidth improvements over the previous generation.
- HP FlexibleLOM provides the ability to customize server networking today and the ability to meet future needs without overhauling server hardware. Provides choice of bandwidth and fabric (Ethernet, FCoE, InfiniBand), and supports wake on LAN (WOL).
Built for Performance, Efficiency, and Serviceability
- AMD Opteron™ 6300 Series Processors provide new levels of performance and efficiency over the previous generation.
- The Health Status LED on the server blade and the Location LED on the HP Smart Drives allow for quick visibility to issues or blades that need to be located and serviced.
- Improved efficiency with support for 1.25V ULV and 1.35 LV HP SmartMemory.
- Improved access to mezzanine cards enables quicker removal and easy access to the new FlexibleLOM card. The FlexibleLOM was designed with easy lift and remove handles.
|Processor||AMD Opteron™ Model 6320 (8 core, 2.8 GHz, 16MB L3, 115W)|
|Number of processors||2|
|Processor cache||16MB L3|
|Processor core available||8|
|Memory type||4R x4 PC3L-10600L-9|
|Memory, standard||64GB (8x8GB) RDIMM|
|Optical drive type||None ship standard|
|Network controller||10Gb 554FLB FlexFabric Adapter 2 Ports per controller|
|Storage controller||(1) Smart Array P220i/512MB FBWC|
(2) Mezzanine cards
For detail descriptions reference the QuickSpec
|System fan features||Enclosure-based|
|Power supply type||Enclosure-based|
|Form factor chassis||Blade|
|Form factor (fully configured)||
|Included hard drives||
None ship standard
Supports up to (2) SFF SAS/SATA/SDD hot plug drives
Hot plug SFF 2.5-inch SAS
Hot plug SFF 2.5-inch SATA
Hot plug SFF 2.5-inch SSD
|Infrastructure management||iLO Management Engine, Insight Control|
|Product dimensions (H x W x D)||13.31 x 23.5 x 8.56 in|
|Memory slots||16 DIMM slots|
|Memory protection features||
Memory Online Spare Mode
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability