HP® LaserJet Enterprise M553X Wireless Color Laser Printer With JetIntelligence Item # 969043
High capacity input paper tray accommodates large print jobs with ease
- Features HP's JetIntelligence. Delivers faster two-sided printing, faster first page out and reduced energy consumption.
- HP ePrint lets you print from your smartphone, tablet and internet-connected PC from virtually anywhere.
- Connect using wireless or use your NFC-enabled (near field communication) devices to print without a network.
- Prints up to 40 pages per minute in black and in color.
- Auto 2-sided printing helps you save on paper costs.
- Prints from sleep mode in as few as 9 seconds.
- Features a 4.3" color touchscreen. Tilts upward for easier viewing.
- Equipped with two input trays. Each holds 550 sheets for a total input capacity of 1,200 sheets.
- Smart media-sensing and toner technology help enable reduced energy usage.
- 1200 x 1200 maximum print resolution.
|Additional Warranty Information||Onsite|
|auto double-sided printing||yes|
|automatic document feeder||yes|
|automatic document feeder capacity||1,200 sheets|
|Certifications & Standards||IEC 60950-1:2005 +A1:2009 +A2:2013; EN 60950-1:2006 +A1:2010 +A11:2009 +A12:2011 +A2:2013; EN 60825-1:2007; IEC 60825-1:2007 (Class 1 Laser Product); EN 62479:2010; IEC 62479:2010|
|Color Cartridge Type||Individual Color Cartridge|
|compatible toner/ink||HP 508A Black LaserJet Toner Cartridge (~6000 ISO yield) CF360A; HP 508X Black LaserJet Toner Cartridge (~12,500 ISO yield) CF360X; HP 508A Cyan LaserJet Toner Cartridge (~5000 ISO yield) CF361A; HP 508X Cyan LaserJet Toner Cartridge (~9500 ISO yield) CF361X; HP 508A Yellow LaserJet Toner Cartridge (~5000 ISO yield) CF362A; HP 508X Yellow LaserJet Toner Cartridge (~9500 ISO yield) CF362X; HP 508A Magenta LaserJet Toner Cartridge (~5000 ISO yield) CF363A|
|connector type||USB; Ethernet; Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n)|
|dimensions||22.9"H x 18"W x 18.9"D|
|Environmental Certification||ENERGY STAR|
|Ethernet Technology||Gigabit Ethernet|
|First Print Speed||6 Second Monochrome Ready; 7 Second Color Ready|
|ink/toner cartridge(s) included||starter-capacity cartridge(s)|
|Input Voltage||120 V AC; 230 V AC|
|Language Emulation||PCL 6; PCL 5c; PostScript 3; PDF v1.7|
|Max Resolution (B&W)||1200 x 1200 dpi|
|Max Resolution (Color)||1200 x 1200 dpi|
|maximum black and white print resolution||1200 x 1200 dpi|
|maximum black and white print speed||40 ppm|
|maximum color print speed||40 ppm|
|Maximum Input Media Capacity||2300 sheets|
|Maximum Memory||2 GB|
|maximum monthly volume||2,000 to 6,000 sheets|
|maximum optimized color print resolution||1200 x 1200 dpi|
|Maximum Print Size||Legal - 8.50" x 14.02"|
|maximum sheet size||legal (8 1/2" x 14")|
|maximum true color print resolution||1200 x 1200 dpi|
|Media Feeders||1 x automatic - 100 sheets - Legal (8.5 in x 14 in) weight: 60 g/m² - 220 g/m² ¦ 1 x automatic - 550 sheets - 8.5 in x 11.7 in weight: 60 g/m² - 220 g/m² ¦ 1 x automatic - 550 sheets - Legal (8.5 in x 14 in) weight: 60 g/m² - 220 g/m²|
|Media Handling||1 x Multipurpose Tray 100 Sheet; 2 x Input Tray 550 Sheet; 1 x Output Bin 250 Sheet|
|Media Size||A5 - 5.80" x 8.30"; A4 - 8.30" x 11.70"; Letter - 8.50" x 11"; Custom Size; 2.99" x 5"; 4.02" x 5.83"; 8.50" x 11.69"; Legal - 8.50" x 14.02"|
|media type||Plain Paper; Light Paper; Bond Paper; Recycled Paper; Heavy Media; Glossy Paper; Extra Heavy Paper; Card Stock; Transparency; Label; Letterhead; Envelope; Preprinted Paper; Pre-punched Paper; Color Paper; Rough Paper; Opaque Film|
|Mobile Device Printing||Yes|
|mobile printing||app based|
|model||HP LaserJet M553x|
|number of colors||4|
|Number of Input Trays Supported||5|
|Number of Input/Multipurpose Trays Installed||3|
|number of paper trays||3|
|Off-Mode Power Consumption||100 mW|
|Operating Power Consumption||617 W|
|operating system compatibility||Android; Apple iOS; Apple MacOS X 10.10; Apple MacOS X 10.7 Lion; Apple MacOS X 10.8; Apple MacOS X 10.9; BOSS GNU/Linux 3.0; BOSS GNU/Linux 5.0; Debian Linux 6.0.x; Debian Linux 7.x; Linux Mint 13; Linux Mint 14; Linux Mint 15; Linux Mint 16; Linux Mint 17; Microsoft Windows 7 (32/64 bits); Microsoft Windows Vista (32/64 bits); Microsoft Windows XP (32/64 bits) SP3; openSUSE 12.2; openSUSE 12.3; openSUSE 13.1; Red Hat Fedora 17; Red Hat Fedora 18; Red Hat Fedora 19; Red Hat Fedora 20; UNIX|
|package contents||Color LaserJet Enterprise M553x Printer; 4 x Preinstalled HP LaserJet Toner Cartridges (yield ~6,000 pages black and ~5,000 pages color); Toner Collection Unit; In-Box Documentation; Software CD; Power Cord; 100-Sheet Multipurpose Tray 1; 550-sheet Input Tray 2; 550-sheet Input Tray 3|
|Platform Supported||PC; Mac|
|ports||1 USB 2.0|
|power source||AC Supply|
|primary paper tray capacity||550 sheets|
|printer series||LaserJet Enterprise|
|printing application||workgroup printing|
|processor speed||1.20 GHz|
|RAM Installed (Max)||1 GB / 2 GB (max)|
|screen size||4.3 in.|
|Sleep-Mode Power Consumption||3.95 W|
|total paper tray capacity||1,200 sheets|
|USB Direct Printing||Yes|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
|Wireless Print Technology||Near Field Communication (NFC); HP ePrint; Apple AirPrint; Mopria|
|Show More ▾|
Speed and color are the perfect pair for your business. That’s why this energy-efficient printer and Original HP Toner cartridges with JetIntelligence combine to produce vibrant, professional-quality documents right when employees need them.
With the fast pace of business, there’s no time to stop and wait. Ensure workgroups have tools to move business forward. This efficient printer is designed to conserve energy without sacrificing productivity—so employees can speed through tasks.
Workgroup needs are wide-ranging. Keep them all covered effortlessly, with a full suite of advanced and innovative HP JetAdvantage solutionsh5 that simplify fleet management and help make printing secure.
Bring out the best in your printer—get more high-quality pages than ever. Use Original HP Toner cartridges with JetIntelligence for better performance, higher energy efficiency, and the authentic HP quality you paid for—unlike the competition.h11
This printer wakes up fast and prints your first page as quickly as 8.5 seconds.
This efficient printer is designed for exceptionally low energy consumption
Help save energy with HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology.
Allows you to print on both sides of the page, cutting your paper use by up to 50%.
Manage jobs directly at the MFP, using the HP color touchscreen.
Print wirelessly from your mobile device without a Wi-Fi code or password.
Enable touch-to-print convenience from mobile devices.
Walk up and print from a USB drive, using the easy-access USB port.
Works with many built-in and optional HP JetAdvantage business workflow and printing solutions.
Centrally monitor and control your printers with HP Web Jetadmin.
Protect sensitive business data with embedded and optional HP JetAdvantage security solutions.
Easily recycle your Original HP ink and toner cartridges for free.
- Four preinstalled HP LaserJet toner cartridges (yield ~6000 pages black and ~5000 pages color)
- Toner collection unit
- In-box documentation
- Software CD
- Power Cord
- 100-sheet multipurpose tray 1
- 550-sheet input tray 2
- 550-sheet input tray 3
- No, please purchase USB cable separately
- Print speed black (normal, letter)
- Up to 40 ppm
- Print speed color (normal, letter)
- Up to 40 ppm
- First page out black (letter, ready)
- As fast as 6 sec
- First page out color (letter, ready)
- As fast as 7 sec
- Duty cycle (monthly, letter)
- Up to 80,000 pages
- Recommended monthly page volume
- 2000 to 6000 pages
- Print technology
- Print quality black (best)
- HP ImageREt 3600
- Print quality color (best)
- HP ImageREt 3600
- 4.3-in touchscreen with color graphics
- HP ePrint capability
- Mobile printing capability
- HP ePrint; Apple AirPrint™; Mopria™-certified; NFC Touch-to-print; Wireless Direct Printing
- Wireless capability
- Yes, built-in NFC Touch-to-Print; Wireless direct printing
- Connectivity, standard
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port; built-in Fast Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-TX network port
- Network ready
- Standard (built-in Gigabit Ethernet)
- Compatible operating systems
- Windows OS compatible with In-Box Driver: Windows XP (SP3) all 32-bit editions (XP Home, XP Pro, etc.), Windows Vista all 32-bit editions (Home Basic, Premium, Professional, etc.), Windows 7 all 32-bit and 64-bit editions, Windows 8/8.1 all 32-bit and 64-bit editions (excluding RT OS for Tablets), Windows 10 all 32-bit and 64-bit editions (excluding RT OS for Tablets); Windows OS compatible with Universal Print Driver (From HP.com): Windows XP SP3 32-bit and 64-bit editions (XP Home, XP Pro, etc.), Windows Vista all 32-bit and 64-bit editions (Home Basic, Premium, Professional, etc.), Windows 7 all 32-bit and 64-bit editions, Windows 8/8.1 all 32-bit and 64-bit editions (excluding RT OS for Tablets), Windows 10 all 32-bit and 64-bit editions (excluding RT OS for Tablets); Mac OS (HP Print Drivers available from HP.com and Apple Store): OS X 10.7 Lion, OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.10 Yosemite; Mobile OS (In-OS drivers): iOS, Android, Windows 8/8.1/10 RT; Linux OS (In-OS HPLIP): SUSE Linux (12.2, 12.3, 13.1), Fedora (17, 18, 19, 20), Linux Mint (13, 14, 15, 16, 17), Boss (3.0, 5.0), Ubuntu (10.04, 11.10, 12.04, 12.10, 13.04, 13.10, 14.04, 14.10), Debian (6.0.x, 7.x), Other OS: UNIX
- Memory card compatibility
- Memory, standard
- 1 GB
- Memory, maximum
- 2 GB
- Hard disk
- Paper handling input, standard
- 100-sheet multipurpose tray, 550-sheet input tray 2, 550-sheet media input tray 3
- Paper handling input, optional
- 550-sheet media input tray 4, 550-sheet media input tray 5
- Paper handling output, standard
- 250-sheet output bin
- Duplex printing
- Automatic (standard)
- Finished output handling
- Media sizes supported
- Tray 1: letter, legal, oficio, executive, statement, 4 x 6, 3 x 5, 5 x 7, 5 x 8, postcard (JIS), double postcard (JIS), 8.5 x 13, envelope (commercial No. 9, No. 10, Monarch); Custom: 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14 in; Tray 2: letter, executive, statement, 4 x 6, 5 x 7, 5 x 8, double postcard (JIS); Custom: 4.0 x 5.85 to 8.5 x 11.69 in; Optional Trays 3+: letter, legal, oficio, executive, 8.5 x 13; Custom: 4.0 x 5.85 to 8.5 x 14 in
- Media sizes, custom
- Tray 1: 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14 in; Tray 2: 4.0 x 5.85 to 8.5 x 11.69 in; Optional Trays 3+: 4.0 x 5.85 to 8.5 x 14 in
- Media types
- Paper (plain, light, bond, recycled, mid-weight, heavy, mid-weight glossy, heavy glossy, extra heavy, extra heavy glossy, cardstock, card glossy) color transparency, labels, letterhead, envelope, preprinted, prepunched, colored, rough, opaque film, user-defined
- Energy efficiency
- ENERGY STAR® certified, Blue Angel, CECP, EPEAT® Silver
- Operating temperature range
- 59 to 81ºF
- Operating humidity range
- 30 to 70% RH
- Maximum dimensions (W x D x H)
- 27.5 x 18.9 x 22.9 in
- Maximum dimensions (W x D x H)
- 27.5 x 18.9 x 22.9 in
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)
- 18 x 18.9 x 22.9 in
- One-year, next-business day, onsite warranty. Warranty and support options vary by product, country and local legal requirements. Go to http://www.hp.com/support to learn about HP award winning service and support options in your region.
DisclaimersProduct image may differ from actual product h5 Some solutions require download or additional purchase. Learn more at http://www.hp.com/go/printingsolutions. h1 Local printing requires mobile device and printer be on the same network or have a direct wireless connection. Wireless performance is dependent on physical environment and distance from access point. Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz operations only. Remote printing requires an Internet connection to an HP web-connected printer. App or software and HP ePrint account registration may also be required. Wireless broadband use requires separately purchased service contract for mobile devices. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in your area. See http://www.hp.com/go/mobileprinting for more details. h11 Based on cartridge yields for HP 507A compared with HP 508X Original HP LaserJet Toner Cartridges. For more information, see http://www.hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies m1 Measured using ISO/IEC 24734, excludes first set of test documents. For more information see http://www.hp.com/go/printerclaims. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity.