- Home /
- Product Details
- Large 4GB memory lets you run demanding programs.
- 500GB hard drive holds thousands of songs, photos and documents.
- Wireless-N (802.11n) for high-performance, cable-free networking. Lets you access wireless networks to share files, surf the Web and exchange email. Fully compatible with 802.11b/g as well. Wired networking is supported, too.
- 15.6" diagonal display.
- Plays and burns CDs and DVDs.
- Memory card reader for fast, easy file transfers. Transfer your digital photos, music and other files from Secure Digital (SD) and MuliMediaCard (MMC) memory cards.
- HDMI port lets you view videos and photos on your HDTV. (HDMI cable sold separately.)
- 2 USB 3.0 ports for ultra-fast data transfers. Up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0. Fully compatible with USB 2.0 devices.
- Built-in HD webcam and microphone let you keep in touch with others via video and voice messaging. Supports video resolutions up to 720p.
- Up to 5 hours of battery life. Battery life will vary depending on the product configuration, product model, applications loaded on the product, power management setting of the product, and the product features used by the customer. As with all batteries, the maximum capacity of this battery will decrease with time and usage.
- Microsoft® Windows® 8. The very latest version of Windows.
- Intel, the Intel Logo, Intel Inside, Intel Core, and Core Inside are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
|Service & Support||1 year warranty|
|processor speed||2.5 GHz|
|Image Aspect Ratio||16:9|
|case material||Polycarbonate ABS|
|ENERGY STAR Qualified||Yes|
|Interfaces||2 x USB 3.0 ¦ USB 2.0 ¦ HDMI ¦ LAN ¦ Headphone/microphone combo jack ¦ VGA|
|Features||Hyper-Threading Technology, integrated memory controller; Built-in numeric keyboard, multi-touch touchpad; VibrantView, glossy; Security lock slot (cable lock sold separately), administrator password, hard drive password|
|Max RAM Supported||8 GB|
|Network Interface||10/100 Ethernet|
|LCD Backlight Technology||LED backlight|
|video hardware||integrated Intel HD 4000 graphics with shared memory|
|postconsumer recycled content||0%|
|Main Storage||500 GB HDD|
|processor type||Core i3|
|maximum battery life||5 hours|
|hard drive capacity||500 GB|
|Run Time||Up to 5 hours|
|total recycled content||0%|
|ports||2 USB 3.0; 1 USB 2.0; 1 HDMI; 1 VGA 15-pin D-sub|
|Chipset||Mobile Intel HM76 Express|
|audio hardware||Dolby Advanced Audio|
|Technology||6-cell lithium ion; DDR3 SDRAM|
|diagonal screen size||15.6 inches|
|operating system||Windows 8|
|Included Accessories||Power adapter|
|Type||15.6"; Keyboard, touchpad|
|Microsoft Office Preloaded||Includes a pre-loaded image of select Microsoft Office 2010 suites. Purchase an Office 2010 Product Key Card or disc to activate preloaded software on this PC.|
|maximum memory capacity||8 GB|
|Graphics Processor||Intel HD Graphics 4000|
|hard drive type||Hard Drive|
|Number of Cores||Dual-Core|
|Ethernet Controller||Atheros AR8162|
|CPU||Intel Core i3 (3rd Gen) 3120M / 2.5 GHz|
|Input||AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )|
|wired connectivity||10/100 Ethernet|
|Service & Support Details||Limited warranty - 1 year ¦ Limited warranty - battery - 1 year ¦ Limited warranty - keyboard - 90 days ¦ Limited warranty - hinges - 90 days ¦ Limited warranty - plastics - 90 days ¦ Limited warranty - power adapter - 90 days|
|Compliant Standards||RoHS; High Definition Audio, Dolby Advanced Audio v2|
|Sound||Stereo speakers , microphone|
|Operating Systems||Windows 8|
|frontside bus speed||1333 MHz|
|operating system details||Windows 8|
|memory type||DDR3 SDRAM|
|Resolution||1280 x 720; 1366 x 768 ( HD )|
|screen resolution||1366 x 768|
|memory card reader||Yes|
|Speed||1600 MHz / PC3-12800|
|Interface||SATA 3 Gb/s|
|processor model||Core i3-3120M|
|form factor||SO DIMM 204-pin|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
|model name||G580 (59359080)|
From the Manufacturer|
VERSATILE PERFORMANCE FOR EVERYONE.
Tough but stylish, and full of the latest features, the affordable G580 laptop will help you and your family meet every challenge.
- 15.6” HD LED display
- Optimized for Windows 8
- Integrated Intel® HD graphics
- Dolby® Advanced Audio™ for crisp, clear surround sound
- Integrated DVD
- Integrated 720p HD webcam, HDMI out and USB 3.0 port
- AccuType Keyboard with numeric keypad
- OneKey® Recovery for system backup and restoration
- Lenovo Energy Management
Lenovo G580: Everyday and Beyond
A perfect combination of affordability, reliability, and good all-round features make the Lenovo G580 the ideal everyday 15.6” PC.
The Lenovo G580 represents an affordable solution for your everyday computing tasks. All the essentials are there for you to do your homework, balance the family budget, surf the Web, interact with friends and family, or simply have fun. But we've thrown in some additional touches that make these notebooks more than simply "functional."
The 15.6” G580 boasts amped-up processing with the latest Intel® processors, HD graphics support, and a host of other features not usually found in budget laptops.
- Windows 8 – the new user interface from Microsoft that is visually rich, optimized for keyboard/mouse input and features a clean and open layout that minimizes distractions.
- Enjoy intense visuals with integrated Intel® graphics.
- Stay connected with high-speed 802.11 b/g/n WiFi.
- Dolby® Advanced Audio v2 provides vibrant surround sound and exceptional clarity like you’ve never heard from a laptop before.
- Plenty of ports — including fast USB 3.0 technology — make it easy to connect to other devices.
- Lenovo Energy Management – protects the long-term durability of the battery and uses advanced energy-saving technology to increase time between charges.
- OneKey Recovery – makes data backup and recovery simple.
Affordable never looked so good.
Our G580 laptop features a contemporary design and metallic-finish keyboard - all at an affordable price.
- Subtle horizontal lines keep surfaces looking sharp, clean, and professional.
- The popular, full-sized AccuType keyboard features island-style, easy-to-press keys with a finger-friendly design and an ergonomic spacebar for safe, comfortable use — which is good, considering how much time you're going to want to spend using your new laptop.
- Plus the G580 has a numeric keypad for easy data entry.
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability