Our social, environmental and economic sustainability framework speaks to the commitment and values we share with our employees, customers and community.
· Eco-conscious sales accounted for 30 percent ($3.5B) of our overall sales in the U.S. and 24 percent in Canada.
· At least 14,000 products with at least one green attribute were included in the U.S. assortment.
· There were over 10,000 products offered with recycled content or that were remanufactured.
Waste and Recycling:
· The combined recycling rate reached 64 percent of our total waste.
· More than 19 million ink and toner cartridges were recycled for customers.
·The 2014 Grand & Toy TerraCycle K-cup® recycling pilot project was rolled out throughout Canada in 2015, resulting in 270,000 recycled coffee capsules by customers. A vast improvement over the 50,000 recycled in 2014.
· Over 350 suppliers were included in the company’s Supplier Diversity program.
· The Office Depot Foundation celebrated its fifteenth year of their sackpack program, helping over 3.7 million kids since 2001.
· Over $4.3 billion was donated from the Office Depot Foundation in the form of cash or in-kind donations.
· Due to streamlining of operations, the total energy use of Office Depot facilities decreased 17 percent in 2015 compared to the previous year.
· Waste sent to landfills also continued to decline with a 17 percent decrease since 2013.