This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
TP-Link® 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Desktop Switch, TL-SG105 Item # 138529
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Upgrade your computer system to fast Gigabit Ethernet
- Features 5 RJ-45 ports with speeds up to 1000Mbps, which lets you move large, bandwidth-intensive files faster across your network.
- Complies with 802.3, 802.3u, 802.3ab and 802.3x wireless technology standards. Supports 802.3x flow control for Full Duplex mode and backpressure for Half Duplex mode.
- Auto-negotiation ports sense the link speed of each network device and intelligently adjust among 10Mbps, 100Mbps and 1000Mbps for simplified operation.
- LED indicator lights show system power, link status, speed and activity for each port.
- Energy-efficient technology conserves up to 65% of power by automatically budgeting power and powering down idle ports.
- Features steel housing for durability and a fanless design for quiet operation. Designed for desktop or wall-mounted placement.
- Plug-and-play design allows simple installation with no configuration needed. Auto MDI/MDIX eliminates the need for crossover cables.
|automatic speed sensing||yes|
|Certifications & Standards||IEEE 802.3; IEEE 802.3u; IEEE 802.3ab; IEEE 802.3X; IEEE 802.1p; CE; FCC|
|dimensions||1"H x 3.9"W x 3.9"D|
|maximum data transfer rate||1,000 Mbps|
|Media Type Supported||Twisted Pair|
|operating system compatibility||Windows 7; Windows Vista; Windows XP; Windows 2000; Windows NT; Windows 98SE; Mac OS; Linux|
|plug and play||yes|
|Port/Expansion Slot Details||5 x Gigabit Ethernet Network|
|power source||AC adapter|
|Total Number of Network Ports||5|
|What's Included||5-Port 10/100/1000Mbps Desktop Switch; Power Adapter; User Guide|
|Show More ▾|
From the Manufacturer|Powered by
What This Product DoesThe TP-LINK 5-Port 10/100/1000Mbps Desktop Switch provides you with an easy way to make the transition to Gigabit Ethernet. Increase the speed of your network server and backbone connections or make Gigabit to the desktop a reality. Plus, the TL-SG105 adopts innovative energy-efficient technology that can save up to 65% in power consumption, making it an eco-friendly solution for your home or office network.
Gigabit SwitchFeatured with 5 10/100/1000Mbps ports, the TL-SG105 greatly expands your network capacity, enabling instant large files transferring. In this way, power users in the home, office, or creative production environment can now move large, bandwidth-intensive files faster. Transfer graphics, CGI, CAD, or multimedia files across the network instantly.
Go Green With Your EthernetThis new generation TL-SG105 5-Port 10/100/1000Mbps Desktop Switch features the latest innovative energy-efficient technologies that can greatly expand your network capacity with much less power. It automatically adjusts power consumption according to the link status and cable length to limit the carbon footprint of your network.
• Power down Idle Ports
When a computer or network equipment is off, the corresponding port of a traditional switch will continue to consume considerable amounts of power. The TL-SG105 can automatically detect the link status of each port and reduce the power consumption of ports that are idle, resulting in up to an 65% reduction in power use.
• Power Budget According to Cable Length
Ideally, shorter cable would use less power because of less power degradation over their length; this is not the case with most devices as they will use the same amount of power across the cable regardless of the length.
Easy to UseAuto features make the TL-SG105 plug-and-play and hassle-free. No configuring is required. Auto MDI/MDIX eliminates the need for crossover cables. Furthermore, Auto-negotiation on each port senses the link speed of a network device (either 10, 100, or 1000 Mbps) and intelligently adjusts for compatibility and optimal performance.
* Maximum power savings when compared to a TP-LINK conventional switch, the real saving rate may vary based on the usage condition.
Need assistance setting up your TP-LINK device? Our team is here 24/7 to provide toll-free technical support. Whether you bought a TP-LINK product yesterday or years ago, we can help with product setup and configuration at no extra charge. Plus, our 5-year warranty grants you worry-free service for peace of mind.
- 5-Port 10/100/1000Mbps Desktop Switch
- Power Adapter
- User Guide