This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
Tripp Lite UPS 1500VA 940W Battery Back Up Tower AVR 120V USB RJ11 RJ45 Item # 144635
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Tripp Lite's OMNI VS1500 line interactive UPS system offers voltage regulation, surge suppression and battery support for personal computers, internetworking equipment and other sensitive electronics. Internal UPS batteries support entry level PC systems for up to 75 minutes during power failures so that connected equipment can be shut down without data loss. Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR) circuits regulate brownouts as low as 75 and overvoltages up to 147 volts back to usable 120V levels without using battery power. Offers complete desktop power protection in an attractive black tower configuration. Includes 5 battery supported outlets for computer, monitor and vital system peripherals, plus 3 additional surge suppression only outlets for printers and other system accessories not requiring battery support. USB port enables optional unattended system shutdown without data loss in the case of extended power failure (USB cable included). Built-in data line suppression offers protection for equipment with single line TEL/DSL or network Ethernet connection. Built-in audible alarm and 5 front panel LEDs indicate status of line power, battery power, battery low/replace, voltage regulation and overload. 1500VA power handling ability supports entry-level PCs, network workstations, point-of-sale equipment, small business phone systems, audio/video equipment and home theater systems. Offers 4 minutes battery runtime with a full load of 1500VA and 8.5 minutes with a half load of 750VA. Supports hot-swappable battery replacement via built-in access panel.
|Backup/Run Time (Full Load)||5 Minute|
|Backup/Run Time (Half Load)||14 Minute|
|brand name||Tripp Lite|
|Certifications & Standards||Tested to UL1778 (USA), CSA C22.2 No. 107.3 (Canada), NOM (Mexico), Class A (emissions), FCC Part 68 / Industry Canada (Telecommunications)|
|Dataline Protection||RJ-45; RJ-11|
|Frequency Provided||60 Hz|
|Input Connectors||1 x power NEMA 5-15|
|Input Current||12 A|
|Input Voltage||110 V AC|
|Load Capacity (VA)||1500 VA|
|Load Capacity (Watt)||940 W|
|Maximum Battery Recharge Time||4 Hour|
|Output Voltage||120 V AC|
|Plug/Connector Type||NEMA 5-15P|
|Receptacles||8 x NEMA 5-15R|
|Switching Time||4 ms|
|warranty length||3-year limited|
|Weight (Approximate)||27.78 lb|
|What's Included||Omni VS 1500VA Tower UPS; USB and telephone cable; User Manual with Warranty Information|
|Show More ▾|
OMNIVS1500 Line-Interactive Tower UPS with 1500VA and USB Port
for home and office computers and electronics
This line-interactive UPS system protects your valuable equipment from damage, downtime and data loss.
- Battery backup supports equipment during outages.
- AVR corrects power sags (brownouts) and overvoltages.
- Surge protection blocks harmful transient voltages on AC and phone/network lines.
- USB port connects to a computer for power management and automatic file saves.
- 3-year warranty and $200,000 insurance reflect Tripp Lite's commitment to product quality and customer satisfaction.
Why is this UPS a Good Investment?It would be nice if utility power was always reliable, but it isn't. Between severe weather, the aging electrical grid and hazards lurking inside your own walls, your equipment is under constant attack from power problems. Even a brief loss of power or a momentary surge can ruin your equipment and destroy irreplaceable data.
Some costs, such as replacing broken computers and redoing work, can be measured. Other costs, such as losing family photos and missing business opportunities, are harder to quantify. For a fraction of these costs, you can prevent damage, downtime and data loss by installing this UPS system. It conditions incoming AC power, provides enough battery backup to outlast most outages and automatically saves open files and shuts down computers gracefully during extended blackouts.
Common ApplicationsProtect Home and Office Computer Systems
Workgroup Servers, Media Servers, High-Performance Workstations, Office Computers, Gaming PCs, Displays, Inkjet Printers, Modems, Switches, Wireless Routers, Scanners, External Drives
Protect Audio/Video Equipment
HDTVs, DVRs, Video Game Consoles, DVD and Blu-ray™ Players, Stereos, Surround Sound Systems, Sound Bar Speakers, Streaming Media Players, Home Theater PCs, Cable/Satellite Receivers
Reliable Battery Backup
- Single-Computer Runtime: This UPS system will support an energy-efficient desktop computer and LCD monitor for up to 75 minutes during an outage.
- Half-Load Runtime: This UPS system will support a 50% load (470 W) for up to 8.5 minutes.
- Optimized Outlet Array: 5 outlets have both battery backup and surge/noise protection, and 3 have surge/noise protection without battery backup. The "surge-only" outlets allow you to connect additional equipment without overloading the UPS or reducing the backup runtime available during an outage.
AVR and Surge/Noise ProtectionIn locations with chronic voltage problems, frequent switching to battery drains reserve power and shortens battery life. This UPS system has a feature called automatic voltage regulation (AVR) that solves the problem. The UPS detects when input voltage is out of bounds and corrects it without using the battery.
All Tripp Lite UPS systems also include built-in surge protection and noise filtering to shield your equipment from destructive transient voltages and electromagnetic (EMI/RFI) line noise.
Data Line Surge ProtectionData lines connected to your equipment represent an unlocked "back door," allowing surges to enter and damage or destroy sensitive electronic components. In addition to protecting against surges on the AC power line, this UPS system protects your equipment against surges on a connected phone or network line.
- The RJ45 jacks protect a phone, analog modem, DSL modem or Ethernet network line.
Flexible Management OptionsThere are two ways to manage this UPS system:
- Use the HID-compliant USB port and your computer's built-in power management features.
- Use the USB port with Tripp Lite's free PowerAlert® software.
- High Efficiency: This UPS system saves energy, produces less heat, shrinks your carbon footprint and reduces annual operating costs.
- User-Replaceable Battery: This UPS system has a user-replaceable, recyclable battery, allowing it to remain in service instead of going to a landfill.
- RoHS Compliance: This UPS system complies with the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) Directive, limiting the use of hazardous substances in manufacturing.
Dependable Service from an Industry LeaderService and Support
- 3-Year Product Warranty: If this UPS system (including the internal battery) proves defective in material or workmanship within that period, Tripp Lite will repair or replace it at no charge.
- $200,000 Insurance: Tripp Lite will repair or replace connected equipment damaged by surges – even lightning strikes!
- Free Tech Support: Chicago-based, in-house tech specialists are available by phone, email and chat.
- Over 90 Years: Founded in 1922, Tripp Lite has a long-established and proven track record of providing reliable products and responsive customer service.
- Trusted Name: From the smallest office to the largest data center, customers worldwide trust Tripp Lite to power, protect, manage and connect valuable IT equipment.
- Third-Party Safety Testing and ISO 9001 Certification
Key SpecificationsModel: OMNIVS1500
Load Capacity: 1500 VA (940 W)
Nominal AC Input: 120 V (60 Hz)
Nominal AC Output: 110 V, 115 V, 120 V (60 Hz)
AC Outlets: 8 x 5-15R (5 UPS, 3 Surge-Only)
Output Waveform (AC Mode): Sine Wave
Output Waveform (Battery Mode): PWM Sine Wave
Input Cord: 6 ft. (1.8 m) Cord with 5-15P Plug
Half-Load Runtime: 8.5 min. (470 W Load)
Single-Computer Runtime: 75 min.
Data Line Protection: Tel/Network (1 Line)
Communication: USB Port (HID-Compliant)
User-Replaceable Battery: Yes (RBC24-SLT)
Primary Form Factor: Tower
Dimensions: 11.8 x 7.2 x 7.5 in. (30 x 18.3 x 19.1 cm)
Weight: 22.2 lb. (10.1 kg)
Standards: Tested to UL 1778 (USA); CSA (Canada); NOM (Mexico); FCC B (EMI); RoHS
Product Warranty (U.S. and Canada): 3-Year Limited Warranty
Connected Equipment Insurance (U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico): $200,000
What’s Included: UPS, USB Cabling, Manual
Tripp Lite has a policy of continuous improvement. Specifications are subject to change without notice. Actual products may differ slightly from photos. Tripp Lite uses primary and third-party agencies to test its products for compliance with standards. Runtime varies with load, battery condition and other factors. Go to Tripp Lite's website for more information, including complete warranty terms and conditions.