This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
Tripp Lite UPS Smart 3000VA 2250W Tower AVR 120V 3kVA USB DB9 SNMP Item # 147905
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Tripp Lite's SMART3000VS intelligent, line interactive UPS with expandable runtime protects server, networking and telecommunications equipment from blackouts, voltage fluctuations and transient surges. Small footprint, tower UPS system occupies only 106 square inches of floorspace with a height of only 14.25 inches. Large capacity 3000 VA / 2250 watt rated UPS system offers 4 minutes runtime at full load and 14 minutes at half load during power failures. Runtime is expandable with optional BP48V18 external battery packs. Line interactive voltage regulation corrects brownouts as low as 79V and over voltages as high as 147V to fully regulated 120V nominal output for smooth continuous operation of connected equipment. Includes a total of 10 outlets, 3 of which can be individually powered off and back on via software interface to selectively reboot remote equipment or shed less critical loads to extend battery runtime for more critical loads. Includes slot for internal SNMPWEBCARD, plus 2 DB9 and 2 USB enhanced monitoring ports for unattended shutdown, remote control and monitoring of UPS system and power data. This product features $250,000 connected equipment insurance.
|Alarm||Power Failure; Overload; Low Battery|
|Backup/Run Time (Full Load)||4 Minute|
|Backup/Run Time (Half Load)||14 Minute|
|Battery Life||6 Year|
|battery type||Sealed Lead Acid (SLA)|
|brand name||Tripp Lite|
|Certifications & Standards||UL1778 (USA); cUL (Canada); NOM (Mexico); Emissions: FCC Class A|
|cord length||8 ft|
|Emergency Power OFF||Yes|
|Frequency Provided||60 Hz|
|Input Connectors||1 x power NEMA L5-30|
|Input Voltage||120 V AC|
|Load Capacity (VA)||3000 VA|
|Load Capacity (Watt)||2250 W|
|Maximum Battery Recharge Time||4 Hour|
|Network Management||SNMP Manageable|
|Output Voltage||120 V AC|
|Plug/Connector Type||NEMA L5-30P|
|ports||1 serial; 1 USB|
|Receptacles||1 x NEMA 5-15R; 7 x NEMA 5-20R; 2 x NEMA L5-30R|
|Status Indicators||Battery charge level; AC Line Power; Voltage Regulation; UPS Load Level; Low Battery / Replace Battery|
|Surge Energy Rating||480 J|
|Switching Time||4 ms|
|Total Number of Expansion Slots||1|
|warranty length||2-year limited|
|Waveform Type||Pulse-width Modulated Sine Wave|
|Weight (Approximate)||59 lb|
|What's Included||SmartPro VS Expandable Tower 3000VA UPS; SMART 3000VS UPS System, PowerAlert Software and cabling, Warranty information, Instruction manual|
|Show More ▾|
SMART3000VS SmartPro® Line-Interactive Tower UPS with Expandable Runtime and Network Card Slot
for servers and network hardware
This line-interactive UPS system protects your critical network systems from damage, downtime and data loss.
- Expandable battery backup powers critical systems during outages.
- Advanced AVR corrects power sags (brownouts) and overvoltages.
- Surge protection blocks harmful transient voltages.
- LED indicators signal power, voltage correction, load level and battery charge state.
- Network card slot supports optional remote access and network management.
- USB and serial ports connect to computers for power management.
- 3-year warranty and $250,000 insurance reflect commitment to reliability.
- ENERGY STAR® certified efficiency helps you save money, save energy and protect the environment.
Why is this UPS a Good Investment?The success of any organization depends on critical information systems like servers and network hardware. If your critical systems don't have reliable power, employees can't work, communications go down, automated systems malfunction and productivity grinds to a halt. It would be nice if utility power was always reliable, but it isn't. Between severe weather, the aging electrical grid and unavoidable hazards lurking inside your own walls, your servers and network hardware are under constant attack from power problems. Even a brief loss of power or a momentary surge can damage your equipment, corrupt your data, bring down your network and hurt your bottom line.
The potential costs of downtime are alarming. Surveyed averages range from $1,167 per minute for mid-size businesses (IDC) to $7,908 per minute for larger operations (Ponemon Institute). For a tiny fraction of these costs, you can prevent damage, downtime and data loss by installing this SmartPro® UPS system. It conditions incoming AC power to protect your equipment, provides enough battery backup to outlast most outages and allows critical systems to shut down gracefully to prevent data loss and corruption during extended blackouts.
Protect Servers and Network Hardware
Application Servers, Storage Servers, Database Servers, File Servers, Virtualization Servers, Proxy Servers, Web Servers, Media Servers, VoIP Servers, Network-Attached Storage, Network Switches, PoE Switches, Firewalls, Network Appliances, Bridges, Gateways, Routers
Expandable Battery Backup
- Half-Load Runtime: This UPS system will support a 50% load (1125W) for up to 14 minutes using the included batteries.
- Extended Runtime: This UPS system allows you to connect one or more optional external battery packs to provide additional backup runtime. Some external battery packs can also be daisy-chained, allowing you to scale runtime to match any application requirement.
- Hot-Swappable Batteries: You can add or replace batteries without turning off the UPS system and disrupting the operation of connected equipment.
Advanced AVR and Surge/Noise ProtectionIn locations with chronic voltage problems, frequent switching to battery drains reserve power and shortens battery life. This UPS system has a feature called automatic voltage regulation (AVR) that solves the problem. The UPS detects when input voltage is out of bounds and corrects it without using the battery.
All Tripp Lite UPS systems also include built-in surge protection and noise filtering to shield your equipment from destructive transient voltages and electromagnetic (EMI/RFI) line noise.
Flexible Management OptionsThere are several ways to manage this UPS system:
- Use the front-panel LEDs for convenient local management.
- Use the USB port with your computer's built-in power management features.
- Use the USB or serial port with your computer and Tripp Lite's PowerAlert® software. PowerAlert provides enhanced features like automatic file saves, event notification, logging, advanced device control and an SNMP agent that supports centralized management. Select UPS models include a convenient CD-ROM, or you can download the latest version of PowerAlert for free at Tripp Lite's website.
- Install an optional network card to enable standalone network management via SNMP, Web, SSH or telnet. The network card has an Ethernet port and embedded interface, allowing you to access advanced monitoring, control and notification features without directly connecting the UPS system to a computer. The network card also supports connecting one or more optional sensors for remote temperature, humidity and contact closure monitoring. (Available network cards and sensors include TLNETCARD with TLNETEM sensor; WEBCARDLX with E2MT, E2MTDO, E2MTDI and E2MTHDI sensors; and SNMPWEBCARD with ENVIROSENSE sensor. Refer to each model for specific features.)
- ENERGY STAR Certification: This UPS system has ENERGY STAR certification. It helps you save money, save energy and protect the environment by meeting strict efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- User-Replaceable Battery: This UPS system has a user-replaceable, recyclable battery, allowing it to remain in service instead of going to a landfill.
- RoHS Compliance: This UPS system complies with the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) Directive, limiting the use of hazardous substances in manufacturing.
Dependable Service from an Industry LeaderService and Support
- 3-Year Product Warranty: If this UPS system (including the internal battery) proves defective in material or workmanship within that period, Tripp Lite will repair or replace it at no charge.
- $250,000 Insurance: Tripp Lite will repair or replace connected equipment damaged by surges – even lightning strikes!
- Free Tech Support: Chicago-based, in-house tech specialists are available by phone, email and chat.
- Over 90 Years: Founded in 1922, Tripp Lite has a long-established and proven track record of providing reliable products and responsive customer service.
- Trusted Name: From the smallest office to the largest data center, customers worldwide trust Tripp Lite to power, protect, manage and connect valuable IT equipment.
- Third-Party Safety Testing and ISO 9001 Certification
Key SpecificationsModel: SMART3000VS
Load Capacity: 3000 VA (2250 W)
Power Factor: 0.8
Nominal AC Input: 120V, 60 Hz
Nominal AC Output: 110V; 115V; 120V, 60 Hz
AC Outlets: 7 x 5-15R; 2 x 5-15/20R; 1 x L5-30R
Switched Outlet Banks: Three switchable two-outlet 5-15R load banks
Output Waveform (AC Mode): Sine Wave
Output Waveform (Battery Mode): PWM Sine Wave
Input Cord: 8 ft. (2.4 m) Cord with L5-30P Plug
Half-Load Runtime: 14 min. (1125 W Load)
Communications: 2 x USB Ports (HID-Compliant); 2 x Serial Ports (DB9); Network Card Slot; EPO
User-Replaceable Battery: Yes (RBC54)
Primary Form Factor: Tower
Dimensions: 14.2 x 9.2 x 12 in. (36.1 x 23.4 x 30.5 cm)
Weight: 59 lb. (26.8 kg)
Standards: UL 1778 (USA); CSA (Canada); NOM (Mexico); FCC (EMI); ENERGY STAR; RoHS
Product Warranty (Worldwide): 3-Year Limited Warranty (Registration required for third year.)
Connected Equipment Insurance (U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico): $250,000
What's Included: UPS, USB/Serial/EPO Cabling, PowerAlert Software, Manual
ENERGY STAR and the ENERGY STAR mark are registered trademarks owned by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Tripp Lite has a policy of continuous improvement. Specifications are subject to change without notice. Actual products may differ slightly from photos. Tripp Lite uses primary and third-party agencies to test its products for compliance with standards. Runtime varies with load, battery condition and other factors. Go to Tripp Lite's website for more information, including complete warranty terms and conditions.