This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
Tripp Lite UPS Smart 1000VA 500W Tower LCD AVR 120V USB Coax RJ45 TAA GSA Item # 157983
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
The TAA-compliant SMART1000LCDTAA SmartPro LCD 120V, 1000VA/500W Line-Interactive Uninterruptible Power Supply provides battery backup and AC power protection against blackouts, brownouts, power surges and line noise that can damage electronics or destroy data. Ideal for backing up your desktop computer or audio/visual components, this line-interactive UPS switches to battery backup mode in milliseconds to keep your connected equipment running long enough to save files and shut down safely with no data loss.While all eight NEMA 5-15R outlets protect against surges, four outlets also provide up to 3 hours of UPS battery support for a DVR component, 60 minutes of support for a basic desktop PC and LCD monitor, and 10 minutes of support at half load (250W).Automatic voltage regulation (AVR) corrects undervoltages as low as 89V without using any battery power. EMI/RFI noise filtering improves your equipment’s performance and prevents damage. A 1038-joule surge suppression rating protects your equipment from harmful power surges.Space-saving NEMA 5-15P plug with 1.83 m (6-ft.) cord connects to any NEMA 5-15R socket and allows furniture to be placed flush against the wall. Large rotatable LCD screen with dimmer shows real-time statuses at a glance. With Tripp Lite’s free PowerAlert software (available via free web download), the SMART1000LCDTAA enables safe unattended system shutdown and file saves in case of a prolonged power failure.
|Backup/Run Time (Full Load)||3 Minute|
|Backup/Run Time (Half Load)||9 Minute|
|brand name||Tripp Lite|
|Certifications & Standards||UL 1778; CSA; FCC Part 15 Category B (EMI); TAA|
|Frequency Provided||60 Hz|
|Input Connectors||Power NEMA 5-15|
|Input Current||12 A|
|Input Voltage||110 V AC|
|Load Capacity (VA)||1000 VA|
|Load Capacity (Watt)||500 W|
|Maximum Battery Recharge Time||20 Hour|
|Output Voltage||120 V AC|
|Plug/Connector Type||NEMA 5-15P|
|Receptacles||4 x NEMA 5-15R|
|warranty length||3-year limited|
|Weight (Approximate)||15.50 lb|
|What's Included||SmartPro SMART1000LCDTAA 1000 VA Tower UPS TAA Compliant; USB cable; Phone Cable; Manual with warranty information|
|Show More ▾|
SMART1000LCDTAA Line-Interactive Tower UPS with LCD
for home and office computers and electronics
This line-interactive UPS system protects your valuable equipment from damage, downtime and data loss.
- Battery backup supports equipment during outages.
- AVR corrects power sags (brownouts).
- Surge protection blocks harmful transient voltages on AC, phone and coaxial lines.
- The illuminated LCD screen displays the input voltage, battery capacity and operating status.
- The USB port connects to a computer for power management and automatic file saves.
- Vertical or horizontal placement matches your application.
- The 3-year warranty and $250,000 insurance reflect Tripp Lite's commitment to product quality and customer satisfaction.
- TAA compliance meets the requirements of GSA Schedules and other government contracts.
Why is this UPS a Good Investment?It would be nice if utility power was always reliable, but it isn't. Between severe weather, the aging electrical grid and hazards lurking inside your own walls, your equipment is under constant attack from power problems. Even a brief loss of power or a momentary surge can ruin your equipment and destroy irreplaceable data.
Some costs, such as replacing broken computers and redoing work, can be measured. Other costs, such as losing family photos and missing business opportunities, are harder to quantify. For a fraction of these costs, you can prevent damage, downtime and data loss by installing this UPS system. It conditions incoming AC power, provides enough battery backup to outlast most outages and automatically saves open files and shuts down computers gracefully during extended blackouts.
Common ApplicationsProtect Home and Office Computer Systems
Desktop Computers, Workstations, Displays, Inkjet Printers, Modems, Wireless Routers, Hubs, Scanners, External Drives
Protect Home and Office Electronics
HDTVs, DVRs, Video Game Consoles, Sound Systems, Streaming Media Players, Device/Battery Chargers
Vertical or Horizontal Placement
Reliable Battery Backup
- Single-Computer Runtime: This UPS system will support an energy-efficient desktop computer and LCD monitor for up to 60 minutes during an outage.
- Half-Load Runtime: This UPS system will support a 50% load (250 W) for up to 10 minutes.
- Optimized Outlet Array: 4 outlets have both battery backup and surge/noise protection, and 4 have surge/noise protection without battery backup. The "surge-only" outlets allow you to connect additional equipment without overloading the UPS or reducing the backup runtime available during an outage. Select outlets have extra-wide spacing to accommodate bulky AC adapters without blocking adjacent outlets.
AVR and Surge/Noise ProtectionIn locations with chronic voltage problems, frequent switching to battery drains reserve power and shortens battery life. This UPS system has a feature called automatic voltage regulation (AVR) that solves the problem. The UPS detects when input voltage is out of bounds and corrects it without using the battery.
All Tripp Lite UPS systems also include built-in surge protection and noise filtering to shield your equipment from destructive transient voltages and electromagnetic (EMI/RFI) line noise.
Data Line Surge ProtectionData lines connected to your equipment represent an unlocked "back door," allowing surges to enter and damage or destroy sensitive electronic components. In addition to protecting against surges on the AC power line, this UPS system protects your equipment against surges on connected phone and coaxial lines.
- The RJ11 jacks protect a telephone, analog modem or DSL modem line.
- The coaxial connectors protect a cable TV, satellite or cable modem line.
Illuminated LCD ScreenThe illuminated LCD screen shows a variety of helpful data, including input voltage, battery capacity, power status, battery status and AVR status. You can rotate the LCD to match the orientation of the UPS system for optimal viewing, and a built-in dimmer switch adjusts the brightness of the LCD backlight.
Flexible Management OptionsThere are three ways to manage this UPS system:
- Use the multifunction LCD screen.
- Use the HID-compliant USB port and your computer's built-in power management features.
- Use the USB port with Tripp Lite's free PowerAlert® software.
- High Efficiency: This UPS system saves energy, produces less heat, shrinks your carbon footprint and reduces annual operating costs.
- User-Replaceable Battery: This UPS system has a user-replaceable, recyclable battery, allowing it to remain in service instead of going to a landfill.
- RoHS Compliance: This UPS system complies with the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) Directive, limiting the use of hazardous substances in manufacturing.
Dependable Service from an Industry LeaderService and Support
- 3-Year Product Warranty: If this UPS system (including the internal battery) proves defective in material or workmanship within that period, Tripp Lite will repair or replace it at no charge.
- $250,000 Insurance: Tripp Lite will repair or replace connected equipment damaged by surges – even lightning strikes!
- Free Tech Support: Chicago-based, in-house tech specialists are available by phone, e-mail and chat.
- Over 90 Years: Founded in 1922, Tripp Lite has a long-established and proven track record of providing reliable products and responsive customer service.
- Trusted Name: From the smallest office to the largest data center, customers worldwide trust Tripp Lite to power, protect, manage and connect valuable IT equipment.
- Third-Party Safety Testing and ISO 9001 Certification
Key SpecificationsModel: SMART1000LCDTAA
Load Capacity: 1000 VA (500 W)
Nominal AC Input/Output: 120 V, 60 Hz
AC Outlets: 8 x 5-15R (4 UPS, 4 Surge-Only)
Output Waveform (AC Mode): Sine Wave
Output Waveform (Battery Mode): PWM Sine Wave
Input Cord: 6 ft. (1.8 m) Cord with 5-15P Right-Angle Plug
Half-Load Runtime: 10 min. (250 W Load)
Single Computer Runtime: 60 min. (Energy-Efficient PC and LCD)
Data Line Protection: Tel/DSL (1 Line), Coaxial (1 Line)
Communication: USB Port (HID-Compliant)
User-Replaceable Battery: Yes (RBC51)
Primary Form Factor: Tower (Supports Vertical or Horizontal Placement)
Dimensions: 11.84 x 3.66 x 7.24 in. (30.1 x 9.3 x 18.4 cm)
Weight: 14.9 lb. (6.8 kg)
Standards: Tested to UL 1778 (USA); CSA (Canada); NOM (Mexico); FCC Class B (EMI); TAA; RoHS
Product Warranty (U.S. and Canada): 3-Year Limited Warranty
Connected Equipment Insurance (U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico): $250,000
What’s Included: UPS, USB Cabling, Telephone Cord, Manual
Tripp Lite has a policy of continuous improvement. Specifications are subject to change without notice. Actual products may differ slightly from photos. Tripp Lite uses primary and third-party agencies to test its products for compliance with standards. Runtime varies with load, battery condition and other factors. Go to Tripp Lite's website for more information, including complete warranty terms and conditions.