This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
StarTech.com 5.25in Trayless Hot Swap Mobile Rack for 3.5in Hard Drive Item # 160910
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Hot-swap any 3.5in SATA hard drive easily from any computer with a 5.25in bay. This 3.5in SATA hard drive hot-swap bay allows you to install a 3.5in SATA drive in an available/unused 5.25in drive bay. To remove the drive, it's as simple as opening the front panel door; to re-insert a drive, simply insert the drive (connector first) until the door closes.The hot swap bay offers a trayless design that makes it the ideal solution for quick and easy drive removals and insertions as part of a system building process, or integration into rackmount systems or industrial environments.To maximize performance and utilize the full speed potential of your SATA III hard drives, this HDD Backplane supports SATA III for transfer speeds up to 6 Gbps when paired with a compatible controller.Also a perfect addition for operating system image deployment and any task that requires being able to quickly access large volumes of data on the fly, the hot swap bay provides everything you need to expedite important projects while maintaining a reliable storage solution.With support for SATA HDD speeds up to 6.0 Gbps, the mobile rack/backplane is fully compatible with RAID installations to ensure maximum performance and versatility for enhanced storage applications.Designed to provide a durable and reliable operating experience, the mobile rack features a 50,000+ insertion rating.
|Certifications & Standards||RoHS; CE; FCC|
|Compatible Bay||1 x external 5.25" x 1/2H|
|Compatible Drive Bay Width||5.25 in.|
|controller type||Serial ATA/600|
|Drive Interface||Serial ATA/600|
|Number of 3.5" Bays||1|
|Number of Total Expansion Bays||1|
|Supported Interface||SATA 3 Gb/s|
|warranty length||2-Year Limited|
|Show More ▾|
Hot-swap any 3.5in SATA hard drive easily from any computer with a 5.25in bay
- Holds a 3.5" SATA drive in a front accessible 5.25" bay
- Trayless design: drives are not mounted into separate trays/enclosures
- Lockable drive bay
- Internal rubber shock absorbers
- 50,000+ insertion rating
- Power and Activity LED indicator
- Support for SATA revision I/II/III (1.5/3.0/6.0 Gbps)
- Supports 3.5" form factor SATA hard drives
- Plug-and-Play and Hot-Swap compatible
Maximize performance, with file transfer speeds up to 6Gbps when paired with SATA III HDD and controllerWith support for SATA HDD speeds up to 6.0 Gbps, the mobile rack/backplane is fully compatible with RAID installations to ensure maximum performance and versatility for enhanced storage applications.
Quickly and easily install or remove hard drives without having to open the chassis with the innovative trayless designThe hot swap bay offers a trayless design that makes it the ideal solution for quick and easy drive removals and insertions as part of a system building process, or integration into rackmount systems or industrial environments.
- Add additional hot-swap bays to a server or workstation computer
- Replace or upgrade old IDE backplane with a SATA backplane
- System builders who need to image drives quickly and efficiently
- Environments where drives need to be replaced/removed regularly, without external protection for the drives required after removal
- Be able to replace/remove individual drives from a storage array with minimal or no system down time