This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
HPE 5120-48G-PoE+ EI TAA-compliant Switch with 2 Slots Item # 174476
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
The HPE 5120 EI Switch Series delivers flexibility, scalability, and low total cost of ownership (TCO) with a robust feature set supporting stacking, static layer 3 routing, PoE+, ACLs, and IPv6. Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Intelligent Resilient Fabric (IRF) technology creates a virtual fabric by managing several switches as one logical device, which increases network resilience, performance, and availability while reducing operational complexity. The HPE 5120 EI Switch Series can be managed with the HPE Intelligent Management Center (IMC) for a single view of your network.
|Certifications & Standards||IEEE Standards:802.3; 802.3u; 802.3ab; 802.3at; Safety:UL 60950-1; EN 60825-1; EN 60825-2; IEC 60950-1; CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60950-1; ANATEL; ULAR; GOST; EN 60950-1/A11; FDA 21 CFR Subchapter J; NOM; Emissions:FCC Part 15 Class A; VCCI Class A; EN 55022 Class A; CISPR 22 Class A; ICES-003 Class A; ANSI C63.4 2003; ETSI EN 300 386 V1.3.3; AS/NZS CISPR22 Class A; EN 61000-3-2; EN 61000-3-3; EN 61000-4-2; EN 61000-4-3; EN 61000-4-4; EN 61000-4-5; EN 61000-4-6; EN 61000-4-11; EN 61000-3-2:2006|
|Compatible Rack Unit||1U|
|Ethernet Technology||Gigabit Ethernet|
|Expansion Slot Type||SFP|
|Flash Memory||16 MB|
|Input Voltage||120 V AC; 230 V AC|
|Management||Intelligent Management Center; Web-based Management; Command Line Interface; SNMP v1, v2c, v3; RMON 1, 2, 3, 9; Telnet; sFlow; DHCP; VLAN; Qos; MIB|
|Media Type Supported||Twisted Pair|
|Network Technology||10/100/1000Base-T; 1000Base-X|
|Number of SFP Slots||4|
|Number of Total Expansion Slots||6|
|PoE Budget||740 W|
|Port/Expansion Slot Details||48 x Gigabit Ethernet Network; 4 x Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot; 2 x Expansion Slot|
|ports||1 management; 48 Power over Ethernet+ (PoE+, RJ-45)|
|Power Over Ethernet (PoE)||PoE+|
|power source||Power Supply|
|Product Series||5120 EI|
|Redundant Power Supply Supported||Yes|
|Shared SFP Slot||Yes|
|Standard Memory||128 MB|
|Total Number of Network Ports||48|
|warranty length||limited lifetime|
|Weight (Approximate)||16.53 lb|
|What's Included||5120-48G-PoE+ EI TAA-compliant Switch with 2 Slots; Power Supply|
|Show More ▾|
HP 5120-48G-PoE+ EI TAA-compliant Switch with 2 Slots
Scalable and Secure Access Layer Switches
- The HPE 5120 EI Switch Series supports stacking, static layer 3 routing, PoE+, ACLs, and IPv6. HPE Intelligent Resilient Fabric (IRF) technology creates a virtual fabric which increases network resilience, performance, and availability while reducing operational complexity.
- HPE 4-chassis IRF for simpler, flatter, more agile networks, and flexible deployment with longer-distance stacking between closets up to 70 km.
- Modular 10GbE uplinks (CX4, SFP+ and 10GBASE-T), stacking and power supplies allow for future upgradability.
- External redundant power supply for increased reliability.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty and no software licensing required.
Powerful Quality of Service (QoS)
- The HPE 5120 EI Switch Series supports advanced, classifier-based QoS which directs traffic using multiple match criteria based on Layer 2, 3, and 4 information. The switches apply QoS policies such as setting priority level and rate limit to selected traffic on a port, VLAN, or whole switch.
- Traffic prioritization with supported congestion actions include: strict priority (SP) queuing, weighted round robin (WRR), SP+WRR, and traffic policing with Committed Access Rate (CAR) and line rate.
Comprehensive Security Control
- The HPE 5120 EI Switch Series supports flexible authentication methods including 802.1X, and MAC and Web for greater policy-driven application security.
- This series uses access control lists (ACLs) to provide IP Layer 2 to Layer 4 traffic filtering. And it supports global ACL, VLAN ACL, port ACL, and IPv6 ACL.
- Source-port filtering, RADIUS/TACACS+, SSL, Port Security, and MAC address lockout deliver enhanced security.
Single View of the Network
- The HPE 5120 EI Switch Series can be seamlessly managed with HPE Intelligent Management Center (IMC) to provide end-to-end network transparency with consistent network experience through comprehensive configuration, compliance and policy management.
- RMON and sFlow provide advanced monitoring and reporting capabilities for statistics, history, alarms, and events.
|Ports||(44) 10/100/1000 ports, (4) dual-personality ports, (2) port expansion module slots maximum. PoE+ available, depending on model|
1000 Mb Latency: < 3.2 µs
10 Gbps Latency: < 2.6 µs
|Throughput||142.9 Mpps maximum, depending on configuration|
|Routing/switching capacity||192 Gbps maximum, depending on configuration|
|PoE capability||740 W maximum, depending on model|
|Stacking capabilities||IRF, 4 switches|
IMC - Intelligent Management Center