This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
Drive Erase™ Professional, Traditional Disc Item # 181819
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Erase sensitive data from your hard drive
- Deletes data on your hard drive easily, securely and permanently. Complies with Department of Defense security requirements. Great for restoring a system after a virus or spyware damage.
- Goes beyond just emptying files from the Recyle Bin.
- Easy to use, wizard-driven interface.
- Convenient and flexible—erase all the data on your hard disk—or just the files you select. Choose from 7 data destruction options.
- Compatible with Windows drives, USB flash drives, memory cards and more.
- Disc Viewer shows when data has been deleted.
- Includes Internet Privacy Pro software. Helps ensure your privacy by erasing Instant Message and Internet surfing history.
|additional requirements||CD-ROM Drive|
|memory requirements||64 MB|
|minimum hard disk space||16 MB|
|minimum processor compatibility||Pentium 233MHz|
|minimum resolution required||1024 x 768|
|operating system compatibility||Windows XP; Windows Vista; Windows 7|
Drive Erase™ Professional, Traditional Disc is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 1 out of 5 by Ron from Worst purchase ever It flat out didn't work. I bought it to scrub my drive so I could donate my computer to charity. It's still a good computer running win 7. I tried tech support (good luck with that). The manual was worthless. I bought this useless software off the shelf which I couldn't return because I broke the seal. I didn't want to spend the $ to have it professionally scrubbed. Big mistake. Now I will just take the Hard Drive out and physically distroy it and trash the computer.
Date published: 2015-08-25
Rated 1 out of 5 by LoganRollo from Waste of money Software does not recognize most SATA drives. After trying to wipe 25 laptops, only those with Seagate or Western Digital drives were cleaned (4) the rest had either Hitachi or Toshiba drives. Support from the company does not exist for free for this product. The only free information given is to alter the BIOS before attempting to boot from the CD. Sadly, we waited until after the 30 money back window had closed, to use the product.
Date published: 2015-01-13
Rated 3 out of 5 by RickT2013 from Bonus Software This software comes with a bonus software which is "Internet Privacy Pro". However, there is no serial number with this program. Without the serial number it can't be installed. The serial number for the Main Program will not work for this program. I wasted my money as that is the program I bought the package for. Guess I'll attempt to fight Office Max for a refund. Not looking forward to that.
Date published: 2013-01-15