This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
Brother Work Smart Wireless Color Inkjet All-In-One Printer, Copier, Scanner, Fax, With 12 INKvestment Cartridges, MFC-J985DW XL Item # 195403
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Low-cost printing and fast print speeds for home or office
- Up to 2 years of INKvestment ink included. Based on average monthly print volumes of approximately 300 pages (70% black pages / 30% color pages) and approximate page yield in accordance with ISO/IEC 24711 using 12 cartridges provided. For more page yield information, see www.brother.com/pageyield.
- 12 Super High-yield ink cartridges provide approximately 7200 black pages / 3600 color pages total ink yield in the box. Actual yield of initial cartridge will be approx. 90% of replacement LC20E Black, and 60% of replacement LC20E Color Series, due to ink system initialization. All replacement cartridges will provide approximate page yield stated in accordance with ISO/IEC 24711. For more page yield information, see www.brother.com/pageyield.)
- Use the intuitive 2.7" color touchscreen display to easily navigate onscreen menus with swipe functionality.
- Scan to and print from popular cloud services, including Google Drive™, Dropbox, Evernote® and Evernote Business®, Microsoft® OneNote and more. Requires Internet connection and an account with desired service.
- Wireless mobile device printing is available. Print without wires using AirPrint™, Google Cloud Print™, Mopria™, Wi-Fi Direct®, NFC, and Brother iPrint&Scan.
- Prints up to 12 pages per minute (ISO) in black and up to 10 pages per minute (ISO) in color.
- Supports color print resolution of up to 6000 x 1200 dpi for finely detailed images.
- Includes 100-sheet capacity paper tray and 20-sheet photo bypass tray.
- Save time and effort with the auto document feeder.
- Landscape print technology stores and feeds paper in a landscape orientation for a space saving design.
- Built-in Ethernet connectivity enables connection to your office networks.
- Wireless-N (802.11 b/g/n) and WiFi Direct® connectivity provides cable-free convenience.
- Maximum monthly volume up to 2,500 pages. Recommended monthly volume up to 50-1,000 pages/month.
- ENERGY STAR — For products that meet federal guidelines for energy efficiency.
|auto double-sided printing||yes|
|automatic document feeder||yes|
|automatic document feeder capacity||20 sheets|
|compatible toner/ink||LC20EBK, LC20EC, LC20EY, LC20EM|
|connector type||Ethernet; Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n)|
|dimensions||9.8"H x 21.9"W x 18"D|
|Display Screen Type||LCD|
|ENERGY STAR Certified||Yes|
|fax transmission speed||6 spp (14.4 Kbps)|
|functionality||print; copy; scan; fax|
|ink/toner cartridge(s) included||full-capacity cartridge(s)|
|Input Voltage||120 V AC; 230 V AC|
|Max Copying Resolution Class||Up to 1200 x 2400 dpi (mono) / up to 1200 x 2400 dpi (color)|
|Max Printing Resolution Class||Up to 6000 x 1200 dpi (mono) / up to 6000 x 1200 dpi (color)|
|maximum black and white copy speed||6 cpm|
|maximum black and white print speed||12 ppm|
|maximum color copy resolution||2400x1200 dpi|
|maximum color copy speed||6 cpm|
|maximum color print speed||10 ppm|
|maximum copy enlargement||400%|
|maximum copy reduction||25%|
|maximum monthly volume||2,500 sheets|
|maximum optimized color print resolution||6000 x 1200 dpi|
|Maximum Print Resolution||6000 x 1200 dpi|
|maximum sheet size||legal (8 1/2" x 14")|
|Media Handling||1 x Input Tray 100 Sheet; 1 x Output Tray 50 Sheet; 1 x Automatic Document Feeder 20 Sheet|
|Media Size||Photo - 4" x 6"; Legal - 8.50" x 14"; Letter - 8.50" x 11"; Index Card - 5" x 8"; Executive - 10.50" x 7.25"; DL Envelope - 4.30" x 8.60"; A6 - 4.10" x 5.80"; C5 Envelope - 3.37" x 9"; A5 - 5.80" x 8.30"; Com10 Envelope - 4.80" x 9.50"; A4 - 8.30" x 11.70"; Monarch Envelope; 5" x 7"; 3.50" x 5"|
|media type||Photo Paper; Envelope; Index Card; Transparency; Plain Paper; Glossy Paper|
|memory card reader||no|
|mobile printing||app based and email|
|number of paper trays||1|
|PC faxing capability||yes|
|power source||AC Supply|
|recommended use||Plain Paper Print|
|scanner optical resolution||2400 x 1200 dpi|
|Supported Original Sizes||Letter A Size (8.5 in x 11 in), Executive (7.25 in x 10.5 in), A4 (8.25 in x 11.7 in), A5 (5.83 in x 8.25 in)|
|total paper tray capacity||100 sheets|
|warranty length||2-year limited|
|Weight (Approximate)||18.3 lb|
|What's Included||MFC-J985DW XL Work Smart All-in-One with 12 INKvestment Cartridges; 12 x INKvestment Super High-yield Ink Cartridges LC20E Series; 3 x LC20EBK (Approx. 7200 pages); 3 x LC20EC (Approx.3600 pages); 3 x LC20EM (Approx.3600 pages); 3 x LC20EY (Approx.3600 pages); CD-ROM - Assembly for Windows and Mac; Basic User's Guide; Quick Setup Guide; Telephone Line Cord|
|Wireless Print Technology||Near Field Communication (NFC); Cortado; Mopria; Wi-Fi Direct; Brother iPrint&Scan; Google Cloud Print; Apple AirPrint|
|Show More ▾|
Brother Work Smart Wireless Color Inkjet All-In-One Printer, Copier, Scanner, Fax, With 12 INKvestment Cartridges, MFC-J985DW XL is rated out of 5 by 870.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Bri1 from Overall positive but not stellar I have only had this equipment for a week. So take this for what it is worth. This printer worked well for me. I have copy, scan, and printing needs. I am almost exclusively printing from one computer. I initially set it up to work via wifi just because I didn't have the printer cord needed to print directly from the computer via usb. I initially used the screens on the printer to add the network information. that worked for 2 printing jobs. Then a printing job indicated that I needed to install the CD in order to process the job requested. I did that and the printer continued to work as expected. The printer, though loud prints with quality and decent but not fast speed. When I finally received my cord I had to do some investigating because there is little to no information online regarding how to remove a WLAN connection. I basically just ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the CD software and that was sufficient.
Date published: 2019-03-19
Rated 5 out of 5 by Udie from Low cost Great printer overall. Fast to print BUT slow to copy.
Date published: 2019-03-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by fpath from Love how quiet this printer is! Most all-in-one printers we've had over the years are very noisy, but the Brother MFC-J985DW is so quiet, and quickly responsive. The low profile is also a plus, as well as the front-door ink access. Using the Brother Print&Scan Android app is easy once you "pair" it using WiFi Direct. Overall we're very happy with this device so far. Let's see if it has longevity. Most previously owned printers (Epson, HP) usually died within 2 years.
Date published: 2019-03-13
Rated 4 out of 5 by Gator64 from good for the money Great value for money. Works fine and relatively fast
Date published: 2019-03-12
From the Manufacturer|Powered by
Office Capable Features