This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
Linksys® EA6500 Dual-Band Wireless-AC Router Item # 210679
Next-generation Wi-Fi for fast video and media streaming
- Features Wireless-AC (draft 802.11ac) technology — faster than Wireless-N. Wireless-AC speeds are about 3 times faster than Wireless-N (requires devices that support Wireless-AC to realize higher speeds). The router supports speeds of up to 450Mbps + 1300Mbps (on 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands respectively). Backward compatible with nearly any Wi-Fi device (supports 802.11a/b/g/n).
- Lets you connect multiple users and devices, and stream HD video and music. Great for connecting HDTVs, Blu-ray players and game consoles, as well as computers and tablets.
- Simultaneous operation at 2.4GHz and 5GHz gives you more wireless bandwidth. Also lets lets you avoid interference on any one band.
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports let you connect wired devices as well.
- 2 USB ports allowing sharing of printers and storage devices across your network.
- SPI firewall helps protect your network from intruders. WPA2 encryption for enhanced wireless security.
- Mobile apps let you easily access your home network from nearly anywhere. You can also gain remote access through a Web browser.
- Supports the latest Internet networking standards. IPv6 certified.
- Greener choice — complies with Energy Star® standards.
|automatic speed sensing||yes|
|dimensions||7.25"H x 10.08"W x 1.58"D|
|maximum data transfer rate||450 Mbps (2.4GHz); 1300 Mbps (5GHz)|
|plug and play||yes|
|postconsumer recycled content||50%|
|Router Features||auto speed sensing; built-in firewall; plug & play; virtual private network (VPN) support|
|total recycled content||50%|
|virtual private network (VPN) support||yes|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
|Show More ▾|
From the Manufacturer|Powered by
Linksys AC1750 Dual-Band AC Router
- Provides exceptional Wi-Fi speeds of up to 1750 Mbps (3x faster than wireless-N) optimizing multimedia streaming
- Beamforming for faster, stronger connections and reduced power consumption
- USB 3.0 port lets you add an external storage or other device and provides 10x faster file transfer speeds than USB 2.0
- Four gigabit Ethernet ports offer speeds 10x faster than standard Ethernet
- Linksys Smart Wi-Fi lets you remotely access and manage your network
Wireless-AC for Faster Speed and Reliability
Upgrade your wireless home network and enjoy speeds up to 3x faster than wireless-N using the Linksys AC1750 Smart Wi-Fi Dual-Band AC Router. This router offers wireless-AC technology, which delivers a faster, stronger Wi-Fi connection that is ideal for gaming and HD video streaming. With speeds up to AC1750 Mbps (N450 +AC1300), wireless-AC provides gigabit Wi-Fi speeds that allow content to download faster, and large video and music files to sync more quickly.
When compared to conventional Wireless N routers, Linksys Wireless AC Routers feature wider channels to handle 4x the traffic. They also offer improved processing to carry more data at a faster rate, and multiple antennas to provide a strong and reliable signal. This is important because as the number of Wi-Fi-enabled devices in your home increases, Wireless-AC makes it possible for you to catch up on your favorite show on Netflix on your HDTV while family members can simultaneously stream movies or music and play online games--all without interruption from a slow network connection.
Beamforming Creates Stronger, Faster ConnectionsAnother important feature of the Linksys AC1750 Smart Wi-Fi router is beamforming, an innovative technology that strengthens communication between your connected devices and router. Beamforming enables the router to identify and connect directly with other devices, rather than simply sending out wireless signals in a general direction. Beamforming results in faster network speeds, better wireless range, reduced interference from other devices, and stronger Wi-Fi connections. It also helps extend the battery life of connected devices and reduces their power consumption because data is transferred more quickly.
Included Apps Offer Improved Control of Home Wi-Fi NetworkYour Linksys Smart Wi-Fi account also gives you access to apps that provide additional ways to control and interact with your home Wi-Fi network. Block the Bad Stuff lets you add one of three levels of protective filtering to help safeguard your wireless network. HipPlay is a fun digital media aggregator and player. Designed for your iPhone, Device Monitr allows you to monitor game consoles, tablet computers, and other devices, while NetProoferlets you restrict access to certain websites.
Upgrade Your Devices to Enjoy the Full Benefits of Wireless-AC
Using Linksys's family of wireless-AC peripherals, you can take full advantage of the improved speed and stability of wireless-AC. Linksys Universal Media Connector lets you connect wired devices such as game consoles and smart TVs to your Wi-Fi network and stream HD or even 3D HD video content. The connector operates on the 5 GHz band, resulting in less interference and a clearer signal.
Additionally, the Linksys Dual Band AC1200 Wireless 3.0 Adapter (WUSB6300) enables you to upgrade your laptop or desktop computer to fully benefit from the faster speeds of wireless-AC technology to stream high-definition video or enjoy high-speed gaming.
Share Files and Stream Media with EaseThe Linksys AC1750 Smart Wi-Fi Router comes equipped with four gigabit Ethernet ports, which are 10 times faster than standard Ethernet connections and enable you to quickly share files with other gigabit-enabled devices such as computers, hard drives, and servers. A USB port makes it easy to add storage devices and printers to your Wi-Fi network, while the built-in DLNA-certified media server lets you stream media to your TV, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, or another DLNA-compatible device.
Product InformationThis router is compatible with Wi-Fi-enabled computers that have a CD or DVD drive and run either Microsoft Windows (Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista Service Pack 1 or later, Windows 7, or Windows 8) or Mac OS (Leopard 10.5.8, Snow Leopard 10.6.1 or later, or Lion 10.7 or later). It can be used with any of the following Internet browsers: Internet Explorer 7, Safari 5, Firefox 8, or Google Chrome.
Linksys AC1750 Smart Wi-Fi Dual-Band AC Router (EA6500), quick start guide, CD-ROM with setup software and resources, Ethernet cable, power adapter, and SimpleTap card.
About Linksys Smart Wi-Fi
Customize and Manage Your Home Wi-Fi Anytime, AnywhereWith the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi App, you can closely monitor and manage your home Wi-Fi remotely using a smartphone or tablet.
- Guest Access: Create a separate, password-protected Wi-Fi network for up to 50 guests and easily share the password.
- Parental Controls: Ensure a safe Internet experience for your kids -- even when you're away from home. Restrict access to inappropriate or distracting content, control usage, and block specific devices from accessing the Internet.
- Device Prioritization: You can prioritize devices that need the most speed.
How to Set Up Smart Wi-Fi
Set up your home Wi-Fi using a Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router.
Download the free Linksys Smart Wi-Fi App.
Use Your Mobile Device to Manage Your Home Wi-Fi.