This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
Bring your wired devices into the Wi-Fi world with the DAP-1522 Xtreme N Duo wireless bridge. You'll be extremely glad you did.The D-Link Xtreme N Duo wireless bridge/access point is designed for users looking to create a wireless network or to connect multiple wired devices to an existing wireless network. Xtreme N Duo is the addition to the award-winning Xtreme N product family. Duo means the DAP-1522 works with next generation dual-band (2.4GHz or 5GHz) 802.11n wireless devices as well as legacy 802.11g products.
- Create or extend a wireless network. If you already have a wired network, you can use the DAP-1522 to create a new wireless network or extend an existing wireless network — using its Access Point mode. Easily upgrades any router to support convenient wireless connectivity. A 3-way switch allows mode selection: either Access Point or Bridge.
- Connect wired devices to an existing wireless network. In Bridge mode, you can easily connect up to 4 wired Ethernet devices to your existing wireless network using its 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Supports most wireless devices. Wireless-N (draft 802.11n) support can result in greater speed and range, especially for Wireless-N devices. Also works great with Wireless-G and -B devices. Dual-band support also allows use with next-generation 5GHz Wireless-N devices, in addition to 2.4GHz devices.
- Designed for high-bandwidth video streaming and gaming applications. You can stream high-definition (HD) multimedia content, play multiplayer games, or make Internet (VoIP) phone calls.
- Supports strong wireless security. Supports WPA and WPA2 wireless encryption.
|automatic speed sensing||yes|
|Certifications & Standards||IEEE Standards:IEEE 802.11n (draft 2.0); IEEE 802.11g; IEEE 802.11a; IEEE 802.11b; IEEE 802.3; IEEE 802.3u; Certifications:Wi-Fi; FCC; IC|
|ISM Maximum Frequency||2.40 GHz|
|manufacturer||D-Link Systems, Inc.|
|operating system compatibility||Windows XP Service Pack 2; Windows 2000; Windows Vista; Mac OS X 10.4+|
|plug and play||yes|
|ports||4 10/100/1000 Ethernet (RJ-45)|
|Product Line||Xtreme N|
|Total Number of Antennas||1|
|UNII Maximum Frequency||5 GHz|
|virtual private network (VPN) support||No|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
|Weight (Approximate)||8 oz|
|What's Included||Xtreme N DAP-1522 Duo Wireless Access Point; CAT5 Ethernet Cable; Power adapter; CD-ROM with Product Documentation|
|Wireless LAN Standard||IEEE 802.11n|
|Wireless Security||WPA; WPA2|
|Wireless Transmission Speed||54 Mbit/s|
From the Manufacturer|Powered by
Xtreme N Duo Wireless Bridge/Access Point
The Xtreme N™ Duo Wireless Bridge/Access Point (DAP-1522) allows you to easily upgrade any router to support streaming of High-Definition (HD) multimedia content in your home over a wireless connection. Connect up to 4 Ethernet-enabled devices in your entertainment center to the MediaBridge, such as Game Consoles, Digital Video Recorders (DVR), and Digital Media Adapters (DMA) all at the same time. You can also upgrade your network to support dual band wireless streaming by connecting a DAP-1522 to your current router.
Create your Wireless NetworkConnect to an existing wired network and easily enable wireless connectivity in your home
Connect your DevicesConnect up to 4 Ethernet-enabled devices to your wireless network
Dual Band PerformanceDelivers fast wireless speeds and less interference for maximum throughput
Gigabit SpeedFour Gigabit Ethernet ports for superior device connectivity
Access Point Mode
Connect the DAP-1522 to an existing wired network and easily enable wireless connectivity in your home. Use your new wireless network to stream HD multimedia content, play multiplayer games, or make Internet phone calls (VoIP).
Wireless Bridge Mode
Use the Xtreme N™ Duo Wireless Bridge / Access Point (DAP-1522) to connect up to 4 Ethernet-enabled devices such as Game Consoles, Digital Video Recorders (DVR), and Digital Media Adapters (DMA) to your wireless network.
Dual Band AdvantageThe DAP-1522 delivers dual band performance for intelligent, versatile, interference-free bandwidth. Check your email and surf the Internet on the 2.4GHz band; or game, make Skype calls and stream HD movies to multiple devices using the cleaner, interference-free band.
|Minimum System Requirements||
DatasheetPDF, 1.25MB, 2 pages
- 1 Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE Standard 802.11a, 802.11g, and 802.11n specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors will adversely affect wireless signal range.
- 2 1-Year Limited Warranty available only in the U.S.A and Canada.
- 3 Computer must adhere to Microsoft's recommended System Requirements.
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability