This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB 2.5" Internal Solid State Hard Drive For Desktops/Laptops, SATA/600 Item # 233162
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Fast, reliable and efficient storage
- Designed with 3D V-NAND technology. Provides higher density and better performance, while utilizing a smaller footprint.
- Fast SATA 6GB/s interface for transfer rates up to 540MB/s (read) and 520MB/s (write).
- Large 1TB (1000GB) capacity to hold all your files. Store all your photos, music, video, and other files on the drive, and all your programs, as well.
- Use with laptop computers. Replaces your existing hard drive, or serves as an additional drive. Requires an available SATA connection. Compatible with Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista/Server 2008 and Linux.
- Fast, easy installation. Easily allows you to migrate all the data and applications from your existing drive to the 850 EVO.
|average read seek time||540 MB/s|
|device connector type||SATA 6Gb/s|
|drive connector type||6Gb/s SAS|
|hard drive type||solid state drive|
|hard drive width||2.5 inches|
|maximum data transfer rate||read: 540; write: 520|
|Maximum Read Transfer Rate||540 MB/s|
|Maximum Write Transfer Rate||520 MB/s|
|Product Series||850 EVO|
|SSD Endurance||150 TB|
|storage capacity||1 TB|
|warranty length||5-year limited|
|Weight (Approximate)||1.44 oz|
|Show More ▾|
From the Manufacturer|Powered by
|Form Factor: 2.5" SATA III||V-nand ||540MB/s Seq. Read |
|520MB/s Seq. Write ||Secure Encryption ||5-yr Limited Warranty |
Unlock Your Computer's PotentialSamsung's 850 EVO series SSD is the industry's #1 best-selling1 SSD and is perfect for everyday computing. Powered by Samsung's V-NAND technology, the 850 EVO transforms the everyday computing experience with optimized performance and endurance. Designed to fit desktop PCs, laptops, and ultrabooks, the 850 EVO comes in a wide range of capacities and form factors.
Uncompromised PerformanceThe 850 EVO optimizes performance for your daily computing tasks, boasting sequential write speeds up to 520 MB/s with TurboWrite technology and sequential read speeds up to 540 MB/s. Plus, RAPID mode to further boost performance for up to 2x faster2 data processing speeds by utilizing unused PC memory as cache storage.
Guaranteed Endurance and reliabilityThe Samsung 850 EVO maintains high performance, optimized endurance, AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption3 , Dynamic Thermal Guard, and a 5 year limited warranty4 .
Capacities Range up to 4TBMore storage options that are just right for your needs. Samsung offers the 850 EVO in a full range of capacities up to 4TB. With the industry’s first 4TB SSD for client PCs, you can store more data on a single SSD than ever before.
Multiple Form Factors for Almost Any NeedSamsung has designed the 850 EVO in multiple form factors with compatibility in mind. The 2.5-inch size is designed to fit most desktop PCs and laptops, while the SATA-based M.2 and mSATA are ideal for ultra-slim mobile computing.
Spec SheetPDF, 231K, 4 pages
- 1 Based on 2015 NPD reported revenue in the US
- 2 Compared to same drive w/out RAPID enabled
- 3 AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption is compliant with advanced security management solutions, such as IEEE® 1667 and TCG™ Opal.
- 4 5 years or TBW (120GB/250GB: 75TBW; 500GB/1TB: 150TBW; 2TB/4TB: 300TBW), whichever comes first.