This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
StarTech.com 1 Port FTDI USB to Serial RS232 Adapter Cable with COM Retention Item # 247165
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Add an RS232 serial port with COM retention to your laptop or desktop computer through USB. The ICUSB2321F 1-Port USB to Serial RS232 Adapter Cable with FTDI chipset and COM Retention converts an available USB 1.1 or 2.0 port into an RS232 serial DB9 port to connect, monitor and control your serial devices. This compact adapter features COM retention, allowing the same COM port value to automatically be re-assigned to the port if the cable is disconnected and re-connected to the host computer, or if the system is rebooted. The ICUSB2321F uses the FTDI chipset which supports additional customization, advanced features, and compatibility not necessarily offered by other solutions. Compatibility with a broad list of Operating Systems including Windows, Windows CE, Mac OS and Linux, makes this product easy to integrate into mixed environments.
|Certifications & Standards||FCC|
|Connector on First End||1 x 9-pin DB-9 Male RS-232 Serial|
|Connector on Second End||1 x Type A Male USB 2.0 USB|
|warranty length||2-Year Limited|
|Weight (Approximate)||7.05 oz|
|What's Included||1 Port FTDI USB to Serial RS232 Adapter Cable with COM Retention; 1 x Driver CD; 1 x Instruction Manual|
|Show More ▾|
Add an RS232 serial port with COM retention to your laptop or desktop computer through USB
- Integrated FTDI USB UART Chip
- Baud Rate up to 115.2Kbps
- COM Port assignments maintained across reboot
- Powered by the USB port - no external power adapter required
- Single cable design for portability
- Designed to make serial port expansion quick and easy
- Compatible with Windows®, Mac OS and Linux
- 6-foot cable length for connecting to devices without having to be too close
- USB to Straight-Through RS232 Serial Adapter
Simple installation and operation with COM port retention provides robust serial connectivity for legacy devicesThe ICUSB2321F 1-Port USB to Serial RS232 Adapter Cable with FTDI chipset and COM Retention converts an available USB 1.1 or 2.0 port into an RS232 serial DB9 port to connect, monitor and control your serial devices.
- Perfect for IT Administrators looking to add legacy functionality to newer notebooks, PCs and servers that lack an integrated RS232 port
- Connect, monitor and control industrial/automotive sensors and equipment
- Connect bar code scanners, receipt printers and other point of sale devices
- Connect and program LED and Digital signage boards with serial communication ports
- Connect a satellite receiver, serial modem, or PDU