This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
Kingston SSDNow UV400 240 GB 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - SATA Item # 269429
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Kingston's SSD UV400 is powered by a four-channel Marvell controller for amazing speeds and higher performance. It dramatically improves the responsiveness of your existing system. Rugged and more reliable and durable, UV400 is built using flash memory so it's shock- and vibration-resistant and less likely to fail than a mechanical hard drive. Its ruggedness makes it ideal for notebooks and other mobile computing devices. It's the ideal hard drive replacement and can also replace a smaller SSD in your system to give you all the room you need.
|hard drive type||solid state drive|
|hard drive width||2.5 in.|
|manufacturer||Kingston Technology Company|
|Maximum 4KB Random Read||90000 IOPS|
|Maximum Read Transfer Rate||550 MB/s|
|Maximum Write Transfer Rate||490 MB/s|
|Product Line||SSDNow UV400|
|SSD Endurance||100 TB|
|storage capacity||240 GB|
|warranty length||3-year limited|
|Weight (Approximate)||2.01 oz|
|Show More ▾|
From the Manufacturer|Powered by
Breathe new life into your system
Kingston’s SSDNow UV400 is powered by a four-channel Marvell controller for incredible speeds and higher performance compared to a mechanical hard drive. It dramatically improves the responsiveness of your existing system and is 10 times faster than a 7200RPM hard drive1 .
Rugged and more reliable and durable than a hard drive, UV400 is built using Flash memory so it’s shock- and vibration-resistant and less likely to fail than a mechanical hard drive. Its ruggedness makes it ideal for notebooks and other mobile computing devices.
For easy installation, UV400 is available in a bundle kit that includes everything needed to get the SSD installed into your existing system, including a USB enclosure to transfer data, a 2"–3.5" adapter to mount in a desktop environment, a SATA data cable and a coupon for an Acronis data migration software download2 .
UV400 is available in multiple capacities, from 120GB to 960GB3 , giving you plenty of space for all your files, applications, videos, photos and other important documents. It’s the ideal hard drive replacement and can also replace a smaller SSD in your system to give you all the room you need.
• 10 times faster than a 7200RPM hard drive1
• More reliable and durable than a hard drive
• Available as a bundle kit for easy installation
• Multiple capacities to meet your needs
SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) – with backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0 (3Gb/s)
120GB, 240GB, 480GB, 960GB
Data Transfer (ATTO)
Maximum Random 4k Read/Write (IOMETER)
120GB — up to 550MB/s Read and 350MB/s Write
240GB — up to 550MB/s Read and 490MB/s Write
480GB — up to 550MB/s Read and 500MB/s Write
960GB — up to 540MB/s Read and 500MB/s Write
120GB — up to 90,000 IOPS and 15,000 IOPS
240GB — up to 90,000 IOPS and 25,000 IOPS
480GB — up to 90,000 IOPS and 35,000 IOPS
960GB — up to 90,000 IOPS and 50,000 IOPS
0.672W Idle / 0.693W Avg / 0.59W (MAX) Read / 2.512W (MAX) Write
-40°C ~ 85°C
0°C ~ 70°C
100.0mm x 69.9mm x 7.0mm
2.17G Peak (7–800Hz)
20G Peak (10–2000Hz)
1 million hours MTBF
Limited 3-year warranty with free technical support
Total Bytes Written (TBW)5
This SSD is designed for use in desktop and notebook computer workloads, and is not intended for Server environments.
UV400 DatasheetPDF, 1.48MB, 2 pages
- 1 Based on “out-of-box performance” using a SATA Rev. 3.0 motherboard. Speed may vary due to host hardware, software and usage. IOMETER Random 4k Random Read/Write is based on 8GB partition.
- 2 Operating system software support: Windows® 10, 8.1, 8, 7 (SP1).
- 3 Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’s Flash Memory Guide at kingston.com/flashguide.
- 4 Limited warranty based on 3 years or SSD “Life Remaining” which can be found using the Kingston SSD Manager (kingston.com/SSDManager). A new, unused product will show a wear indicator value of one hundred (100), whereas a product that has reached its endurance limit of program erase cycles will show a wear indicator value of one (1). See kingston.com/wa for details.
- 5 Total Bytes Written (TBW) is derived from the JEDEC Client Workload (JESD219A).
- 6 Speeds provided are sequential. Based on “out-of-box performance.” Speed may vary due to host hardware, software and usage.