This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
HPE 870 Wireless LAN Controller Item # 272671
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
The HPE 870 Unified Wired-WLAN Appliance delivers scalable performance for IEEE 802.11n and .11ac APs and resilient wireless network solution for demanding large enterprise environments. The HPE 870 supports up to 1536 access points and 30,000 users, offers sub-second failover redundancy and robust security for business continuity. With user access control and management, IEEE 802.3az support, fast roaming, advanced QoS, comprehensive RF management and IPv4/IPv6 support, you get optimized performance for the most bandwidth intensive voice and video applications in dense client environments.
|Certifications & Standards||Safety:UL 60950-1; CAN/CSA 22.2 No. 60950-1; IEC 60950-1; EN 60950-1; FDA 21 CFR Subchapter J; Emissions:EN 55022 Class A; CISPR 22 Class A; ICES-003 Class A; AS/NZS CISPR 22 Class A; EN 61000-3-2; EN 61000-3-3; VCCI-3 CLASS A; VCCI-4 CLASS A; ETSI EN 300 386; FCC Part 15 (CFR 47) Class A; Immunity:EN 55024; CISPR 24 & ETSI EN 300 386|
|Compatible Rack Unit||2U|
|Expansion Slots||12 x SFP (mini-GBIC); 4 x SFP+|
|Input Voltage||110 V AC; 220 V AC|
|Management||VLAN; QoS; IMC-Intelligent Management Center; Command-line interface; Web browser; SNMP Manager; Telnet; RMON1; MIB|
|ports||12 10/100/1000 Ethernet (RJ-45); 1 management; 1 serial|
|warranty length||limited lifetime|
|Weight (Approximate)||31.97 lb|
|What's Included||870 Unified Wired-WLAN Appliance; Rack Mount Hardware|
|Wireless Security||AES; TKIP; WEP; WPA2; WPA; Integrated Wireless Intrusion Detection System (WIDS); Integrated Wireless Intrusion Prevention System (WIPS); Media access control (MAC) authentication; Public Key Infrastructure (PKI); Authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA); NAT; IEEE 802.1x|
|Show More ▾|
HPE 870 Unified Wired-WLAN Appliance
Enterprise-Scale Performance and Reliability
- The HPE 870 Unified Wired-WLAN Appliance offers robust forwarding capacity to accommodate the growth of mobile users & devices with support for up to 1536 managed access points and 40G of centralized throughput.
- Supports both centralized and distributed forwarding options for unparalleled application performance and WLAN scalability.
- Offers self-optimizing wireless network with Wi-Fi Clear Connect RF optimization, automatic interference mitigation and dynamic client load balancing for enhanced connectivity in dense client environments.
- Supports 802.1x hot-backup, N+1, N+N and 1+1 redundancy, offering sub-second failure detection to provide continuity of services in large enterprise networks.
- Provides granular access control policies based on Committed Access Rate (CAS), QoS profiles, SSID or access point location for user, application and BYOD initiatives.
Robust Security and Threat Protection
- The HPE 870 Unified Wired-WLAN Appliance provides integrated wireless intrusion detection and prevention and supports Virtual Service Domains to deploy security policies by department or location.
- Provides robust security and threat protection with support for embedded or external authentication servers and integrated Endpoint Admission Defense (EAD).
- Provides role or SSID based access through embedded firewall to protect clients from outside attacks and restrict access to specific network resources.
Reduced Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and Simplified Management
- The HPE 870 Unified Wired-WLAN Appliance reduces TCO with a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- Simplifies configuration, management and troubleshooting and delivers consistent policy enforcement for wired and wireless network with HPE single management tool.
- Reduces the cost of deploying redundant configurations
(12) RJ-45 autosensing 100/1000 ports
(12) SFP 100/1000 Mbps ports
(4) SFP+ 10GbE ports
|Mounting||EIA-standard 19-inch telco rack or equipment cabinet (hardware included)|
100 - 240 VAC, rated
-48 to -60 VDC, rated (depending on power supply chosen)
|Operating temperature range||0 to 45°C|
|Operating humidity range||5 to 95% (noncondensing)|
|Power consumption||260 W (maximum)|
|Heat dissipation||887 BTU/hr (935.79 kJ/hr)|
|Product dimensions (H x W x D)||17.32 x 18.9 x 3.47 in|
- (1) HP 870 Unified Wired-WLAN Appliance