This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
Stanley® Bostitch® QuietSharp Glow Electric Classroom Pencil Sharpener, Silver Item # 286224
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
The ultimate blend of performance, safety, and style for the classroom or studio!
- Its 6-size selector dial is TriWrite compatible and has been designed for easy use by small hands.
- High-performance, thermally protected QuietSharp motor delivers quiet stall-free operation and fast sharpening speeds.
- To extend pencil life and reduce classroom noise, the SharpStop™ system automatically shuts the sharpener down when finished.
- Unique SharpGlow illumination creates a soft blue glow around the dial for a visual indicator.
- Patent-pending XHC cutter cartridge technology provides a long life and features tool-free removal for fast and easy cleaning or replacement.
- High-volume shavings tray features our patented MagnaSafe tamper-proof safety switch which shuts down the motor when the tray is removed.
- Unique curved shape and sleek brushed metal case offers class-leading style and classroom durability with antimicrobial protection.
- Backed by the manufacturer's 7-year limited warranty.
|power source||AC Supply|
|Product Line||Quiet Sharp Glow|
|warranty length||7-year limited|
|Weight (Approximate)||4.03 lb|
|Show More ▾|
Stanley® Bostitch® QuietSharp Glow Electric Classroom Pencil Sharpener, Silver is rated out of 5 by 23.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lauren from Perfect for the Classroom This sharpener was donated to my classroom 3 years ago. I use it daily to sharpen pencils in my math class. Students usually are not allowed to sharpen their own pencils, I do it or I designate one student to sharpen all pencils. I empty it out frequently (usually twice a week). The blue light is awesome! The blades are inexpensive to replace (between $7-$10) so I order two during the summer and replace in August and around January or February. By far the best pencil sharpener I’ve ever had and has lasted!
Date published: 2018-07-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by waydal from Blue Light is Awesome! Blue light feature is awesome for my deaf and hard-of-hearing students. Works with both pencils and colored pencils.
Date published: 2018-04-29
Rated 5 out of 5 by SchoolVolunteer from Teacher Gift This item was requested by a staff member at the school I volunteer at weekly. The teacher was very excited to receive the product and is happy to only need to buy replacement blades and not an entire machine next time!
Date published: 2017-12-28
Rated 4 out of 5 by rduzan from Great if you give it TLC. The good: Sharpens quickly and quietly. Sharpens most pencils very well. Cheap replaceable blade cartridge that is very easy to install. If the sharpener is running a little slower or eating most pencils, just replace the blade cartridge and voila! It works like new. The bad: If pencils are poor quality (i.e., the wood is splintery or the lead is not aligned to the center of the pencil), this sharpener will eat the pencils. Unfortunately, most of the pencils that my students bring in are poor quality so you have to wiggle the pencils just right to get them to sharpen. The problems that a lot of people are complaining about most likely have simple solutions, as follows: *Problem: Pencils are being eaten or take a long time to sharpen. *Solution: Buy the blade replacement cartridge from Office Depot for $10. I usually only replace blades once or twice per school year. It really beats buying a whole new sharpener for $100. *Problem: The sharpener motor stops and starts. *Solution: Take the shaving drawer out and empty it. Take the sharpener face off and make sure no stray lead is stuck in it. Take out the blade cartridge and make sure no lead is stuck in it. *Problem: The sharpener indicates a pencil is sharpened when it isn't. (motor stops, blue light comes on) *Solution: Take out the blade cartridge and make sure no lead is stuck in it. Sometimes lead will get stuck in the area where the pencil sits between the blades and will hit the trigger that tells the sharpener the pencil is done. All you have to do is shake the leftover lead out and it works great! Overall: This sharpener is amazing as long as you're willing to give it the occasional TLC to keep it in working order.
Date published: 2017-06-12