This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
Tripp Lite Portable Cooling Unit / Air Conditioner 12K BTU 3.4kW 120V 60Hz Item # 318606
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
The SRCOOL12K SmartRack 12,000 BTU 120V Portable Air Conditioning Unit pumps 12,000 BTU of cooling power into your IT environment to prevent shutdowns, malfunctions and failures caused by overheating or fluctuating temperatures. Part of the SRCOOL line, this compact, portable unit is perfect for server rooms and other IT environments with heat-sensitive equipment in areas that facility air conditioning can’t reach.The self-contained SRCOOL12K is capable of cooling a small room using its louvered vent. A built-in evaporator expels the condensed water through the directional exhaust duct, eliminating the need for a drain tube, drain pan or water collection tank.You can also use the included flexible tube to aim the cold air precisely where it’s needed most, such as anoverheated rack enclosure or an equipment hot spot. The SRCOOL12K also dehumidifies and filters the air, providing better air quality that can enhance equipment performance with little power consumption.Designed for quick, simple installation, the SRCOOL12K rolls into place on durable built-in casters and plugs into a standard 15-amp outlet. It’s programmed to restart automatically after power failures, and you can set the built-in timer for unattended shutdown and startup.By installing the optional SRCOOLNET remote management accessory (sold separately), you can also monitor temperatures, receive alerts, review logs and control settings from anywhere via SNMP, web browser,SSH or telnet.
- 12,000 BTUs for efficient cooling.
- Portable design with built-in casters lets you cool down virtually any area in your home.
- A standard louvered vent allows general room cooling while a directional ducted cooling vent helps direct cold air to specific locations.
- A top-mounted control panel with an LCD temperature display provides easy operation.
- On/off timer enables an energy-efficient schedule.
- A built-in evaporator expels condensate into the exhaust air stream so there is no water tank to empty.
- Dehumidifies and filters the air to help promote a more comfortable environment.
- 120V plug connects to standard wall outlets without an adapter.
|brand name||Tripp Lite|
|Cooling Energy Consumption||12660.7 kJ|
|cord length||6 ft|
|Dehumidification Rate||21.5 mL/min|
|Indicators & Controls||Front Panel LEDs: Touch sensitive control panel with multiple LEDs and numerical temperature readout|
|plug type||NEMA 5-15P|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
|What's Included||SRCOOL12K Portable Air Conditioning Unit-12000 BTU; Louvered Front Vent; Directional Front Vent; Cold Air Directional Delivery Tube; Hot Exhaust Air Removal Tube; Dropped Ceiling or Window Heat Ventilation Kit; Warranty Information; Instruction Manual|
|Show More ▾|
SRCOOL12K 12,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioning Unit with Network Management Support
- 12,000 BTU/h (3.5 kW) of cooling prevents heat-related IT equipment malfunctions, damage and downtime.
- Self-contained unit plugs into a standard 15-amp outlet for plug-and-play installation.
- Prevents accumulation of condensation and restarts automatically after outages for unattended operation.
- Close-coupled cooling saves energy and reduces operating costs.
- Optional network management module enables remote monitoring and control.
- 1-year warranty and free tech support reflect Tripp Lite's commitment to customer satisfaction.
Why is the SRCOOL12K a Good Investment?This air conditioning unit solves cooling problems where it isn't practical, efficient or affordable to install or expand computer room air conditioning (CRAC) or HVAC capacity. When IT equipment is installed in an improvised space or new equipment overwhelms existing cooling systems, additional cooling is required to ensure reliable performance and prevent damage. This air conditioning unit provides the cooling capacity to solve heat-related problems without requiring a major capital expenditure, a disruptive construction project, installation assistance from costly specialists or time-consuming maintenance. It's ideal for sectors like education and small/medium business, where budgets are tight and purpose-built IT spaces are a luxury.
Common ApplicationsThis air conditioning unit can cool a rack enclosure, a hot spot or a small room. It also dehumidifies and filters the air.
Cool a Rack Enclosure or Hot Spot
The 6 ft. (1.8 m) flexible cooling duct directs cold air where it's needed most. If you connect the cooling duct near the top of a rack enclosure door, cold air sinks for even temperature distribution. You can also cool a hot spot, such as an overheating server, blade chassis or PoE switch, by connecting the cooling duct to the air intake.
Cool a Small Room
The louvered cooling vent provides general area cooling for a small room (up to 500 sq. ft.), such as a network closet, server room or MDF (main distribution frame). This is especially useful for rooms that lack adequate built-in cooling, a common problem in spaces that were not originally designed to house IT equipment.
Engineered for IT EnvironmentsThe difference between consumer-grade air conditioners and SmartRack® cooling solutions is like the difference between home computers and purpose-built servers. Although it may be possible to install server software on a home computer, it will never have the convenience, manageability, performance and resilience required for a high-availability IT environment.
Tripp Lite has engineered SmartRack cooling solutions from the ground up to meet the rigorous requirements of IT environments. With a 100% duty cycle, the SRCOOL12K is designed to run continuously without costly downtime. Copper tubing allows higher pressures and better weld joints to stand up to the constant vibration of the running compressor. Commercial-grade capacitors last longer under difficult operating conditions. High-temperature resin fans reinforced with fiberglass maintain their shape and effectiveness under high heat loads.
Plug-and-Play InstallationThis air conditioning unit can be installed by almost anyone almost anywhere, without the assistance of an electrician or HVAC specialist. It rolls into place on four built-in casters and plugs into a standard 15-amp outlet. The compact 12 x 20 in. (30 x 50.5 cm) footprint squeezes into tight spaces like network closets. The unit is completely self-contained and a built-in evaporator prevents condensation from accumulating, so it does not require an external condenser, refrigerant piping, floor drain or water collection tank. It ships with all the parts required for installation, including a window/ceiling exhaust kit.
Unattended OperationLoaded with IT-friendly features that allow it to operate for extended periods without user intervention, this air conditioning unit is ideal for remote installations and other low-maintenance applications. After you plug it in and turn it on, you can focus on other tasks without interruption while it keeps things cool. The built-in evaporator prevents condensation from accumulating, which means that you never need to empty a water collection tank. If there's a power failure, the unit restarts automatically with its most recent settings, so you don't need to make a site visit to get things running again. You can also set the unit to turn on and off automatically. And if you want to keep a closer eye on cooling, the optional SRCOOLNET network management module allows you to monitor and control every aspect of the unit's operation from any location without leaving your desk.
Close-Coupled CoolingInstalling air conditioning units closer to heat sources reduces distances required for delivery of cold air and removal of hot air, using less electricity to power fans. Close-coupled cooling also focuses cold air where it's actually needed instead of wasting energy to cool the entire room when that isn't the goal. This makes close-coupled air conditioning units more efficient than air conditioners installed at the room's perimeter or outside the room entirely, saving energy and reducing operating costs. Because close-coupled cooling is modular, it also allows you to reconfigure cooling on the fly to handle new equipment or newly detected hot spots.
Optional Network ManagementThere are two ways to manage this air conditioning unit:
- Use the push-button control panel, LEDs and digital display to change settings, automate operation and monitor temperature locally.
- Add the optional SRCOOLNET network management module to monitor temperatures, change settings, define threshold warnings, receive alerts, access logs and automate operation over the network via SNMP, Web, SSH or telnet. Using Tripp Lite's free PowerAlert® NMS software, you can manage multiple air conditioning units from a central location and single interface. The SRCOOLNET also includes an ENVIROSENSE® temperature, humidity and dry contact sensor. The sensor allows cooling operation to be based on temperature readings up to 12 feet away from the air conditioning unit, providing more precise cooling control.
- Ozone-Safe Refrigerant: This air conditioning unit's R410A refrigerant complies with environmental standards worldwide and does not contribute to ozone layer depletion.
- Close-Coupled Cooling: Close-coupled cooling
systems are more efficient than traditional perimeter cooling systems.
Close-coupled cooling helps you save money, save energy, reduce carbon
emissions and protect the environment.
- RoHS Compliance: This product complies with the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) Directive, which limits the use of hazardous substances in manufacturing.
Dependable Service from an Industry LeaderService and Support
- 1-Year Product Warranty: If this product proves defective in material or workmanship within that period, Tripp Lite will repair or replace it at no charge.
- Free Tech Support: Chicago-based, in-house tech specialists are available by phone, email and chat.
- Over 90 Years: Founded in 1922, Tripp Lite has a long-established and proven track record of providing reliable products and responsive customer service.
- Trusted Name: From the smallest office to the largest data center, customers worldwide trust Tripp Lite to power, protect, manage and connect valuable IT equipment.
- Third-Party Safety Testing and ISO 9001 Certification
Key SpecificationsModel: SRCOOL12K
Cooling Capacity: 12,000 BTU/h (3.5 kW)
Refrigerant Type: R410A
Refrigerant Charge: 22.4 oz. (635 g)
Airflow: 317.83 CFM (540 m3/hr.)
Dehumidifier Capacity: 0.66 gal./hr. (2.5 l/hr.)
Nominal AC Input: 120 V / 60 Hz
Input Plug Type: NEMA 5-15P
Input Cord Length: 6 ft. (1.8 m)
Required Outlet: NEMA 5-15R
Form Factor: Floor-Standing Cabinet
Dimensions: 30.63 x 11.81 x 19.88 in. (77.8 x 30 x 50.5 cm)
Weight: 73.9 lb. (33.5 kg)
Acoustic Noise: 57 dBA (1 m)
Standards: Tested to UL 484 (ETL), CSA, RoHS
Product Warranty (Worldwide): 1-Year Limited Warranty
What’s Included: SRCOOL12K, Cooling Output Vent with Adjustable Louvers, Cooling Duct, Exhaust Duct, Window/Ceiling Ventilation Kit, Manual
Optional Network Management Module: SRCOOLNET
Tripp Lite has a policy of continuous improvement. Specifications are subject to change without notice. Actual products may differ slightly from photos. Tripp Lite uses primary and third-party agencies to test its products for compliance with standards. Go to Tripp Lite's website for more information, including complete warranty terms and conditions.