This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards Everything now!
HP HSR6602-XG Router Item # 338873
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
The HPE HSR6600 Router Series are high-performance service WAN routers, ideal for small-to-medium campus WAN edge and aggregation and high-end branch deployments. These routers are built with a high-performance multi-core networking processor that delivers, in a 2RU form factor, up to 15 Mpps IP forwarding, robust routing, QoS, MPLS, IP VPN, security, and modular WAN and LAN interface options, integrated into a single compact powerful routing platform. In addition, these routers feature robust carrier class reliability capabilities to reduce disruption from network or system failures.
|Certifications & Standards||Safety:UL 1950; UL 60950; CAN/CSA 22.2 No. 60950; EN 60825; AS/NZS 60950; KN 60950; GOST R MEK60950; IEC 60950; EN 60950; IEC 60825; Emissions:VCCI Class A; EN 55022 Class A; CISPR 22 Class A; ICES-003 Class A; AS/NZS CISPR 22 Class A; CSA 2.22 60950; EN 61000-3-2; EN 61000-3-3; EN 60950-1; IEC 60950-1; FCC (CFR 47, Part 15) Subpart B Class A; ETSI EN 300 386 Class A; KN22 Class A; GB 9254 Class A; AS/NZS 60950-1; Immunity:ETSI EN 300 386 V1.3.3; KN24; EN 55024; CISPR 24; IEEE Standards:802.1ad|
|Compatible Rack Unit||2U|
|dimensions||3 1/2" x 17 3/10" x 18 9/10"|
|Expansion Slot Type||SFP+|
|Flash Memory||8 MB|
|Input Voltage||110 V AC; 220 V AC|
|Memory Card Supported||CompactFlash|
|Number of Total Expansion Slots||3|
|ports||4 10/100/1000 Ethernet (RJ-45); 1 management; 1 USB|
|Redundant Power Supply Supported||No|
|Security Features||IPSec; ACL; DES; 3DES; AES; QoS Security; LFI Security; RADIUS; TACACS+; NAT; SSHv2; VPN; DVPN|
|Serial V.35 Interface||No|
|Standard Memory||4 GB|
|Total Number of Ports||4|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
|Show More ▾|
HPE FlexNetwork HSR6602 XG Router
|The HPE HSR6600 Router Series are high-performance service WAN routers, ideal for small-to-medium campus WAN edge and aggregation and high-end branch deployments. These routers are built with a high-performance multi-core networking processor that delivers, in a 2RU form factor, up to 15 Mpps IP forwarding, robust routing, QoS, MPLS, IP VPN, security, and modular WAN and LAN interface options, integrated into a single compact powerful routing platform. In addition, these routers feature robust carrier class reliability capabilities to reduce disruption from network or system failures.|
20 Gbps Multi-service Routing Platform with Compact Modular Design
- The HPE HSR6600 Router Series, leveraging advanced multi-core network processor, can deliver up to 20 Gbps bandwidth, 15 Mpps IP forwarding, 4.8 Gbps IPsec throughput and millions of NAT sessions without feature licensing, fully addressing the edge router performance requirement.
- With on-board fixed Ethernet ports and optional modular interface cards, up to 36 x 1GbE or 6 x 10GbE can be supported in a 2RU compact edge routing platform. Besides high density Ethernet, legacy WAN like Serial, E1, T1, POS, CPOS are also supported to meet different connectivity needs.
Comprehensive Routing, Security and Quality of Service (QoS)
- The HPE HSR6600 Router Series supports rich IPv4 and IPv6 routing protocols including RIP/RIPng, OSPF/OSPFv3, IS-IS/IS-ISv6, BGP/BGP4+, PIM/PIM6, MSDP, MBGP, and policy-based routing delivering increased flexibility. Up to 4 million BGP RIB entries is supported to connect multiple ISPs.
- The series supports comprehensive MPLS features, including LDP, MPLS TE, L3 VPN, L2 VPN, VPLS, Multicast VPN, 6PE, and 6vPE which provides more flexibility at cost-effective price-points.
- Provides all-round security protection features including packet filtering, stateful firewall, ACL, attack detection and prevention, control plane rate limiting, uRPF, L2tp, GRE, IPSec VPN, and Auto-discovery VPN (ADVPN) and Group Domain VPN (GDVPN).
- Offers advanced QoS features, including queue scheduling, congestion avoidance, congestion management, traffic policing, traffic shaping, priority marking, and hierarchical QoS.
Innovative System Virtualization with Intelligent Resilient Fabric (IRF)
- The HPE HSR6600 Router Series uses IRF to implement system virtualization. IRF enables two HSR6600 Routers to form an IRF cluster and work as a single virtual device.
- IRF simplifies management. Two routers work as one virtual device which simplifies device management and network topology management, improves operation and maintenance efficiency, and lowers maintenance costs.
- IRF improves network availability. IRF allows for cross-chassis bundling of Ethernet and POS WAN links to implement load sharing and link backup. This mechanism enhances network redundancy, improves link utilization, removes single points of failure, and avoids service interruption.
- IRF increases scalability. The virtual device has doubled slots, ports, and performance.
Carrier-class High Availability
- The HSR6600 Router Series supports redundant power modules (AC or DC) and replaceable fan-tray. All line-cards and interface modules on the router are hot-swappable.
- Comware network operating system is a proven, modular highly fault-tolerant and feature-rich operating system that operates across the Hewlett Packard Enterprise networking portfolio.
- The series supports comprehensive high availability features that reduce service disruption including non-stop routing, graceful restart, BFD, VRRP, stateful failover, IGP fast convergence, in-service software upgrades (ISSU), fast reroute, and innovative IRF based multi-chassis resiliency.
- Traffic policing: supports Committed Access Rate (CAR) and line rate
- Congestion management: supports FIFO, PQ, CQ, WFQ, CBQ, and RTPQ
- Congestion avoidance: Weighted Random Early Detection (WRED)/Random Early Detection (RED)
- Other QoS technologies: support traffic shaping, FR QoS, MPLS QoS, and MP QoS/LFI
- Stateful VPN Firewall: provides enhanced stateful packet inspection and filtering; supports flexible security zones and virtual firewall containment; provides advanced VPN services with Triple DES (3DES) and Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption at high performance and low latency, Web content filtering, and application prioritization and enhancement
- Access control list (ACL): supports powerful ACLs for both IPv4 and IPv6; ACLs are used for filtering traffic to prevent unauthorized users from accessing the network, or for controlling network traffic to save resources; rules can either deny or permit traffic to be forwarded; rules can be based on a Layer 2 header or a Layer 3 protocol header; rules can be set to operate on specific dates or times
- RADIUS: eases switch security access administration by using a password authentication server
- Terminal Access Controller Access-Control System (TACACS+): is an authentication tool using TCP with encryption of the full authentication request that provides additional security
- Network address translation (NAT): supports repeated multiplexing of a port and automatic 5-tuple collision detection, enabling NAPT to support unlimited connections; supports blacklist in NAT/NAPT/internal server, a limit on the number of connections, session log, and multi-instance
- Management interface control: each of the following interfaces can be enabled or disabled depending on security preferences: console port, telnet port, or reset button
- Industry-standard CLI with a hierarchical structure: reduces training time and expenses, and increases productivity in multivendor installations
- Management security: multiple privilege levels with password protection restrict access to critical configuration commands; ACLs provide telnet and SNMP access; local and remote syslog capabilities allow logging of all access
- SNMPv1, v2, and v3: provide complete support of SNMP; provide full support of industry-standard Management Information Base (MIB) plus private extensions; SNMPv3 supports increased security using encryption
- Remote monitoring (RMON): uses standard SNMP to monitor essential network functions; supports events, alarm, history, and statistics group plus a private alarm extension group
(4) Combo GbE (SFP and RJ45)
(2) SFP+ 10GbE ports
(1) port expansion module slot
|Throughput||up to 15 Mpps|
100 - 240 VAC, rated
-48 to -60 VDC, rated (depending on power supply chosen)
|Operating temperature range||0 to 45°C|
|Operating humidity range||5 to 95% (noncondensing)|
|Power consumption||300 W (maximum)|
|Heat dissipation||512 BTU/hr (540.16 kJ/hr)|
|Product dimensions (H x W x D)||17.32 x 18.9 x 3.46 in|
- (1) HPE HSR6602-XG Router chassis