This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
HPE Virtual Connect SE 40GB F8 Module for HPE Synergy Item # 366402
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Wouldn't you like to consolidate legacy hierarchical architectures based on north/south design with oversubscription bottlenecks into a flat, east/west architecture to increase data throughput and reduce latency with only a single hop within large domains of virtual machines or Synergy Compute Modules? The HPE Virtual Connect SE 40Gb F8 Module for HPE Synergy, master module, based on composable fabric is designed for Composable Infrastructure. Its disaggregated, rack-scale design uses a master/satellite architecture to consolidate data center network connections, reduce hardware and scale network bandwidth across multiple HPE Synergy Frames. The master module contains intelligent networking capabilities that extends connectivity to satellite frames through Interconnect Link Modules. This decreases top of rack switch needs and substantially reduces costs. The components reduction simplifies fabric management at scale while consuming fewer ports at the data center aggregation layer.
|Application/Usage||Optical Network; Data Networking|
|Compatibility||HPE 12000 Synergy Frame|
|Ethernet Technology||40 Gigabit Ethernet|
|Expansion Slot Type||QSFP+|
|Media Type Supported||Optical Fiber|
|Network Technology||40GBase-SR4; 40GBAse-LR4|
|Number of Total Expansion Slots||6|
|Weight (Approximate)||9.30 lb|
HPE Virtual Connect SE 40Gb F8 Module for Synergy
Improve Fabric Efficiency, Reliability and Manageability with HPE Composable Infrastructure
- The HPE Virtual Connect SE 40Gb F8 Module for Synergy consolidates data center network connections, and reduces hardware and scale network bandwidth across multiple frames with the HPE Synergy innovative disaggregated, rack-scale design.
- Efficiently extend flexible pools of network resources from each HPE Virtual Connect SE 40Gb F8 Module for Synergy to scale bandwidth across multiple frames.
- Improve network reliability with resilient fabric connectivity to upstream switches using Hewlett Packard Enterprise Synergy Multi-module LAG (MLAG) technology.
- Enjoy simple, reliable and fast provisioning Virtual Connect SE 40Gb F8 Modules using the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Synergy software-defined intelligence with template-driven programming
- Orchestrate frictionless Virtual Connect SE firmware updates in concert with an entire Synergy infrastructure using one-tool, one-step template-based operations from HPE Synergy Composer.
Based on Industry's Proven Virtual Connect Technology
- The HPE Virtual Connect SE 40Gb F8 Module for Synergy provides one flexible interconnect interface to the network. One device supports common data center networks protocols like; Ethernet, Fibre Channel (FC), Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and iSCSI.
- Fine-tune the performance of each data and storage connection to meet the needs of each of your virtual machines and targeted workloads.
- Optimize the hypervisor I/O requirements with Flex-10 and Flex-20 adapters. With two modules you can provide six FlexNICs and two FlexHBAs connections to each Synergy Compute Modules, delivering a best practice network configuration for most hypervisors.
- Connect to Synergy Compute Modules using full hardware offload of iSCSI and FCoE protocol processing and minimizing the impact on host CPU performance to increase storage connection performance.
- Perform ultra-fast communication between virtual server hosts during migrations and recoveries with hardware based 10/20GbE performance.
Upgrade Your Network with Investment Protection and No Process Changes
- The HPE Virtual Connect SE 40Gb F8 Module for Synergy is compatible with current networks. Providing seamless connection to existing industry standard data and storage networks avoids replacing each piece of equipment.
- One HPE Virtual Connect SE 40Gb F8 Module meets data and storage connection needs with multi-protocol support for Ethernet, Fibre Channel (FC), Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and Accelerated iSCSI connections.
- Maintain current IT processes with direct uplink connections to LANs and SANs to maintain your current IT practices, unlike other solutions that reroute SAN traffic to the LAN.
|Performance||Line-rate, full-duplex 2.56 Tbps bridging fabric, non-blocking architecture and maximum transmission unit (MTU) of up to 9216 bytes (jumbo frames)|
|Ports||12 x 10/20GbE downlinks through the mid-plane, 6 x 40GbE SR4, LR4 fiber, DAC, AOC and Splitter uplink, 2x40GbE M-LAG ports, 4x120GbE Interconnect Link ports|
|Connectors and cabling||QSFP+ SR4, SR4 300M, LR4 transceivers, DAC and AOC QSFP+ and splitter cables, QSFP+toSFP+ adapter, SFP+ transceivers, SFP+ DAC cables and Interconnect Link cables|
|Indicators||Interconnect link cable port LED, QSFP+ port LED, Next button, Reset pin-hole, Health LED, Ethernet mode LED, PID mode LED, and Link/Activity mode LED|
|Power specification||12V @ 20A (240 W)|
|Latency||1.0 µs on Ethernet only port|
|Buffer credits||8 buffer credits per port, ASIC embedded memory|
|Product differentiator||Virtual Connect Master Module|
|Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)||19.45 x 15.55 x 5.75 in (shipping)|
|Weight||9.3 lbs (shipping)|