This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
HPE Virtual Connect FlexFabric-20/40 F8 Module for c-Class BladeSystem with TAA Item # 430973
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Wouldn't you like to reduce the miles of cabling required to attach your servers to the network? HP Virtual Connect FlexFabric-20/40 F8 Module is one of the simplest, most converged and flexible ways to connect virtualized server blades to your data or storage network. It reduces up to 95% of network sprawl at the server edge with one device that converges all traffic inside enclosures and directly connects to LANs and SANs. Based on open standards with 40GbE uplinks and 20GbE downlinks it addresses growing bandwidth needs in private and public cloud environments in a cost effective manner.
|Application/Usage||Data Networking; Optical Network|
|Compatibility||HP BladeSystem c7000 Enclosure; HP ProLiant and Integrity Server Blades:Integrity BL860c i2 Server Blade; Integrity BL860c i4 Server Blade; Integrity BL860c Server Blade; Integrity BL870c i2 Server Blade; Integrity BL870c i4 Server Blade; Integrity BL870c Server Blade; Integrity BL890c i2 Server Blade; Integrity BL890c i4 Server Blade; ProLiant BL420c Gen8 Server Blade; ProLiant BL460c G7 Server Series; ProLiant BL460c Gen8 Server Blade; ProLiant WS460C Gen8 Workstation Blade|
|Expansion Slot Type||QSFP+|
|Number of Total Expansion Slots||12|
|Product Line||Virtual Connect FlexFabric|
HPE Virtual Connect FlexFabric-20/40 Module for c-Class BladeSystem with TAA
Simplify the Server Edge with 95% Consolidation and Faster Deployment of Network Connections
- The HP Virtual Connect FlexFabric-20/40 F8 Module reduces up to 95% of hardware needed to connect servers to networks. Using only two of these modules to connect an enclosure of HP server blades to both data and storage networks, you can reduce multiple switches, cards and cables.
- It gives you the advantage of 4:1 consolidation of interconnect equipment. Each Virtual Connect FlexFabric-20/40 Module can replace up to three 10GbE based switches and one 8 Gb Fiber Channel switch in an HP BladeSystem enclosure.
- Reduces networking TCO at the server edge by saving up to 65% on equipment. The FlatSAN solution allows connecting directly to HP 3PAR StoreServ Storage and thereby reduces 86% fewer components, lowers latency by 55% and provisions 2.5x faster.
- Simplifies connection management with wire-once, then add, move, and change network connections to 1000's of servers in minutes versus days from one console without affecting your LAN and SAN.
Flexibly Configure of Your Network and Storage Connections. Fine Tune Your Performance
- The HP Virtual Connect FlexFabric-20/40 F8 Module provides one flexible interconnect interface to any network. One device supports most common data center networks protocols like; Ethernet, Fibre Channel (FC), FCoE and iSCSI.
- Fine-tune the performance of each data and storage connection to meet the needs of each of your virtual machines and targeted workloads.
- Optimize the hypervisor I/O requirements with Flex-10 and Flex-20 adapters. With two modules you can provide six FlexNICs and two FlexHBAs connections to each server, delivering a best practice network configuration for most hypervisors.
- Connect to servers using full hardware offload of iSCSI and FCoE protocol processing minimizing the impact on host CPU performance to increase storage connection performance.
- Ultra-fast 10/20GbE server-to-server performance: Perform ultra-fast communication between virtual server hosts and moved and recoveries with hardware based 10/20GbE performance.
Upgrade Your Network with Investment Protection and No Process Changes
- The HP Virtual Connect FlexFabric-20/40 F8 Module is 100% compatible with current networks: Seamless connection to existing industry standard data and storage networks avoids having to replace each piece of equipment.
- One standard for all connection needs: One Virtual Connect FlexFabric-20/40 F8 Module meets any data and storage connection need with license-free, multi-protocol support for Ethernet, Fibre Channel (FC), Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and Accelerated iSCSI connections.
- Built on proven HP BladeSystem technology and requires no changes to the HP BladeSystem c-Class Enclosure components.
- Maintain current IT processes with direct uplink connections to LANs and SANs to maintain your current IT practices, unlike other solutions that reroute SAN traffic to the LAN.
|BladeSystem supported||Yes, please reference the QuickSpec for details|
Simple and intuitive Graphical User Interface and Setup Wizards
Embedded SNMP v1, v2
Command Line Interface
Any uplink port can be used as a dedicated mirrored port from the server port(s)
NCITS FC-BB-5 Rev 2.00
IEEE 802.1AB LLDP
IEEE 802.1Q (VLAN includes Native VLAN support and server side VLAN tag mapping)
IEEE 802.2 LLC
IEEE 802.3ad Link Aggregation
IEEE 802.3ae 10Gb Fiber Ethernet
IEEE 802.3aq 10Gb LRM Ethernet
SNMP v.1, v.2
IGMP v1, v2, v3
ANCI T11 N_Port ID Virtualization
FC-PH Rev. 4.3
FC Element MIB RFC 2837
Fibre Alliance MIB Version 4.0
|Product dimensions (H x W x D)||10.6 x 13.88 x 4.75 in|