This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
Samsung Galaxy Tab A Tablet, 8" Screen, 1.5GB Memory, 16GB Storage, Android 5.0 Lollipop, Smoky Titanium Item # 436584
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Make your mobile life more enjoyable with this Samsung Galaxy tablet. The large 8" screen gives you plenty of room for taking notes and watching videos in crisp detail, so you can stay productive and entertained anywhere you go.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 with the Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system.
- 1.5GB RAM and 16GB of storage for your music, photos, movies and games.
- 8" Galaxy Tab features a microSD card slot for storage expansion up to 128GB. (microSD cards are sold separately.)
- Share content between your Samsung tablet, smartphone and computer.
- This Samsung Galaxy tablet with an 8" screen offers 1024 x 768 resolution and multi-window.
- 2MP front-facing camera for video chatting; 5MP back-facing camera for shooting photos.
- Dual-band WiFi for fast, easy connections.
- Bluetooth® 4.1 wireless for short-range data transfers at up to 30' with other Bluetooth-enabled devices, such as printers and phones.
- Powered by QualComm 1.2 GHz quad-core processor.
- Stereo speakers enhance your listening experience.
- Ultra Power Saving Mode helps maximize battery life by shutting off non-essential apps.
|audio playback file formats||MP3|
|battery capacity||4200 mAh|
|Bluetooth Standard||Bluetooth 4.1|
|Certifications & Standards||CE|
|computer battery type||lithium-ion|
|diagonal screen size||8.2 in.|
|dimensions||8.20"H x 5.43"W x 0.29"D|
|Display Screen Technology||Plane to Line (PLS) Switching|
|Display Screen Type||Active Matrix TFT Color LCD|
|Front Camera/Webcam Resolution||2 Megapixel|
|Graphics Controller Manufacturer||Qualcomm|
|hard drive type||hard drive|
|image file formats||jpeg|
|keyboard type||Touchscreen Keyboard|
|Maximum Audio Battery Time||5 Day|
|maximum battery life||music: 114; video: 12; internet: 13 hours|
|maximum resolution||1024 x 768|
|Maximum Video Battery Time||10 Hour|
|Maximum Web Surfing Battery Time||11 Hour|
|memory card reader||yes|
|Memory Card Supported||microSD|
|Optical Drive Type||No|
|Processor Core||Quad-core (4 Core)|
|processor model||Quad-Core APQ 8016|
|processor type||QualComm APQ|
|Product Line||Galaxy Tab A|
|Rear Camera Resolution||5 Megapixel|
|Rear Camera Video Resolution||1280 x 720|
|screen resolution||1024 x 768|
|screen type||TFT active matrix LCD|
|sensor type||Accelerometer; Ambient Light Sensor|
|software included||SideSync 3.0; Samsung Galaxy Essentials; Microsoft Office; Google Play; Smart Switch; Milk Music; S Voice; SAFE; SAFE with Knox; TouchWiz|
|storage capacity||16 GB|
|tablet operating system details||Android 5.0 Lollipop|
|tablet operating systems||Android|
|tablet processor model||QualComm APQ|
|tablet processor number||Quad-Core APQ 8016|
|tablet processor speed||1.2 GHz|
|video graphics||Adreno 306|
|video playback file formats||3G2; 3gp; ASF; avi; flv; M4V; mkv; mp4; WEBM; wmv|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
|Weight (Approximate)||11.04 oz|
|What's Included||Galaxy Tab A 8.0" 16GB (Wi-Fi), Smoky Titanium; Charger Head; MicroUSB Cable; Quick Start Guide|
|Wi-Fi capability included (Wi-Fi ready)||yes|
|Wireless LAN Standard||IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n|
|Show More ▾|
From the Manufacturer|Powered by
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 Smoky Titanium
- Share content between devices with SideSync1 and Quick Connect2
- Use two apps at the same time with Multi Window3
- Kids Mode offers secure, child-friendly interface
- Get work done anywhere with Microsoft Office
- Front and rear cameras for photos and video chat
- Ultra-thin 8.0-inch design for portability
- Adaptive display adjusts settings for comfortable viewing
Keep All Your Samsung Devices In SyncConnecting your Samsung devices is easier than ever. With Samsung SideSync 3.0† and Quick Connect™††††, you can share content and work effortlessly between your Samsung tablet, smartphone and personal computer.
Do Two Things at OnceMake the most out of your tablet time with advanced multitasking tools. Easily open two apps side by side so you can flip through your photos while browsing online. Check social media and your social calendar at the same time. With Multi Window*** on the Galaxy Tab A, you can do more, faster.
Safe. Fun. Kid-Friendly.Kids Mode gives parents peace of mind while providing a colorful, engaging place for kids to play. Easily manage what your kids access and how long they spend using it, all while keeping your own documents private. Available for free from Samsung Galaxy Essentials™, Kids Mode keeps your content—and more importantly, your kids— safe and secure.
Your Perfect Office PartnerMicrosoft® Office® works as hard as you do— simply click on each Microsoft® Office icon to download for free from Galaxy Apps. Review and save changes in Microsoft® Word. Make edits in Microsoft® PowerPoint and Microsoft® Excel. And easily work on the same document across devices, knowing your content and formatting will remain intact. Plus, with an additional 100 GB of storage on Microsoft® OneDrive™, complimentary for two years, you can keep all of your favorite photos, videos and documents in one place.††
Personalized Logins For EveryoneMake every tablet experience your own with the Galaxy Tab A Multi User Mode. Save your favorite settings and apps under an individual login. Keep your personal information safe even when someone else is signed in. With separate, customized logins for everyone, you can comfortably share your Galaxy Tab A.
Never Put Your Tablet DownComfortable to the touch and light in your hand, you’ll never want your Galaxy Tab A too far away. Never has a tablet been a better companion.
Capture More Real-Time MomentsWith enhanced front and rear cameras on the Galaxy Tab A, you’ll never miss another shareable moment. Catch all the action with the continuous shot setting. Switch quickly between camera and video modes. And make every picture better with autofocus.
The Easy Way to Transfer Content to a New DeviceSwitching to the new Galaxy Tab A has never been simpler—or smarter. With Samsung Smart Switch®, you have the freedom to move your contacts, music and other media from iOS and Windows OS to your new Galaxy Tab A.****
Ultra Power Saving ModeAbout to run out of battery? Ultra Power Saving Mode shuts off nonessential apps so you get maximum battery life for your tablet when you need it most. †††
More To Discover. More To Love.Smart, customizable and simple-to-use, Android™ 5.0 Lollipop OS is designed to work perfectly with all of your Google apps. Whether you want to catch up on emails or listen to your favorite playlist, you’ll find everything waiting for you as soon as you sign in. And with more than 13.1 million apps available on Google Play™, you can find what you need, whenever you need it.*****
Keep It All With YouEnjoy more of your favorite music, photos, movies and games on the go with a microSD™ card that expands your tablet’s memory up to 128GB.
Samsung Tablet Buying Guide
- 1 Galaxy Tab A and SideSync 3.0 are compatible with the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 devices and later devices
- 2 Galaxy Tab A and Quick Connect are compatible with the Samsung Galaxy S 4 and later devices
- 3 Multi Window does not support all applications
- 4 Portion of memory occupied by existing content.
- 5 (1GB/1 book)
- 6 (1.2GB HD/1 movie)
- 7 (5MB/1 song)
- 8 microSD card sold separately.