This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
Panasonic PT-DZ870UW - DLP projector - UHM - 3D - 8500 lumens - WUXGA (1920 x 1200) - 16:10 - 1080p - zoom lens - LAN Item # 450212
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
- Vivid color control. This unique control technology optimizes the use of the color segment areas of the color wheel. It increases the brightness of each RGB color by minimizing the unallocated portions between the colors, to achieve truly vivid coloring.
- Panasonic's original dual lamp system. This system eliminates the interruption if a lamp should fail (in dual-lamp operation mode). The Lamp Relay mode also operates the lamps alternately to enable 24/7 projection.
- DICOM simulation mode. This imaging mode is similar to DICOM part 14, which is a medical imaging standard. It reproduces X-ray images with remarkable clarity.
- A heat-pipe cooling system maintains stable operation up to 45°C. A new optical cooling system featuring a heat pipe block suppresses temperature rises inside the projector and allows stable operation up to an ambient temperature of 45°C (113°F). The use of this heat-pipe cooling system also achieves quiet operation, enabling viewers to concentrate on the presentation or on quiet movie scenes.
- Dynamic RGB booster enhances both brightness and color reproduction. Panasonic's RGB Booster achieves high image quality with levels of color reproduction and brightness that make each color stand out. It combines Panasonic's proprietary Vivid Color Control technology with a Lamp Modulation Drive System for a 1-chip DLP projector that produces bright and vivid colors. This has been further advanced in the PT-DZ870 Series with the development of the Dynamic RGB Booster. Images are analyzed frame by frame, and scene-linking and realtime modulation are used to achieve high brightness and vivid color reproduction.
- DIGITAL LINK - the single cable solution. Equipped with a DIGITAL LINK terminal, the PT-DZ870 Series allows transmission of HDMI, uncompressed HD digital video and control signals (Ethernet, RS-232C) for up to 100 meters (328 feet) through a single CAT5e (STP) cable or higher. This simplifies cabling and system upgrades, making it ideal for ceiling-mounted and other permanent installations..
- Digital image enlarging. The PT-DZ870 Series features a digital zoom function that allows images to be enlarged up to 10 times (horizontally and vertically). Up to 100 units (10 x 10) can be edge-blended at a time to create large, multi-screen images.
- Bright 10,000/8,500 lm from compact body. A unique dual-lamp drive system has helped to make the body compact, while two newly developed, high-output, 420 W lamps provide high brightness of 8,500 lm for the PT-DZ870.
- Active 3D projection capability. The series is compatible with both passive and active 3D projection systems. It combines with either a separate, external 100/120/144 Hz drive with IR emitter and active shutter glasses, or an active filter and passive glasses, for viewing 3D images.
- Edge blending. The edges of adjacent screens can be blended and their luminance controlled.
- Dynamic RGB Booster. Images are analyzed frame by frame, and the lamp output is modulated to match each scene. This achieves optimal brightness and color reproduction for a wide variety of scenes.
- Lamp modulation drive system. With the advanced lamp modulation technology, the projector is able to control the lamp intensity for each of the red, green, blue, and white segments of the color wheel separately. Because the actual light output is controlled in relation to each color segment, light usage is optimized and color balance is obtained without lowering the brightness. This results in bright vivid images with increased color fidelity.
- 4 corner adjust. Each corner can be independently adjusted, and up to three sets of adjusted data can be stored.
- Color matching. This function corrects for slight variations in the color reproduction range of individual projectors. The PC software assures easy, accurate control.
- Flexible installation. The wide adjustment range of the powered horizontal/vertical lens shift function can be easily adjusted with the remote control. The unit can also be rotated 360° vertically, to accommodate various installation conditions. The lens-centered design contributes to easy Installation.
- Lamp relay mode for 24/7 operation. If the projector is to be operated continuously 24 hours a day / 7 days a week, use the dual-lamp optical system's alternating lamp operation (lamp changer) function. The projector cannot be operated continuously 24 hours a day / 7 days a week in dual-lamp mode. Allow a minimum of two hours per week of non-operation time per lamp if using the dual-lamp mode.
- Multi-unit brightness control. This function automatically corrects the brightness fluctuations that occur over time in the individual projectors of a multi-screen system. Up to eight projectors can be controlled by connecting to each other via a hub, and this can be increased to a maximum of 2,048 projectors by using "Multi Projector Monitoring & Control Software."
- Dynamic Iris for a high 10,000:1 contrast ratio. Panasonic's Dynamic Iris uses a scene-linking aperture mechanism to achieve a remarkable 10,000:1 contrast without lowering its high brightness. This helps to reproduce deeper, richer blacks, and provides images with more detailed textures.
- System daylight view 2 for enhanced color perception. This unique Panasonic technology optimizes image quality to improve the color perception of the projected image in bright rooms. With a brightness of 10,000 lm, it provides highly comfortable viewing even in bright lighting, and allows viewers to concentrate easily on the images.
- Conventional system. Because the lamp power was fixed, color reproduction was enhanced by sacrificing brightness.
- Dust-resistant optical block. The optical block, the heart of the projector, is hermetically sealed to resist the effects of dust and other particles in the air, which makes it possible to remove the air filters for optics. It also contributes to the low TCO.
- Long lamp life contributes to low TCO. The PT-DZ870 Series projectors lower the total cost of ownership because they have a lamp replacement cycle of up to 4,000 hours.
- Easy lamp replacement. For easier maintenance, you can replace the lamp from the rear. This makes it easy to replace a lamp unit while the projector is still in the mounting bracket or dual stacked.
- Waveform monitor function. When the output level of the source device fluctuates due to the performance of the device or its cable connections, the original black and white levels of the image content cannot be reproduced correctly. With the PT-DZ870 Series projector you can view the waveforms on the screen and adjust the settings either automatically or manually as you prefer.
- Keep aspect on/off. You can keep the aspect on when correcting curves. To make effective use of the screen area, you can also turn the aspect-keeping function off.
- Detail clarity processor 3 gives natural clarity to even the finest details. This unique Panasonic circuit optimizes the sharpness of each image, based on the super-high-, high-, medium-, and low-frequency components of the extracted image information. The resulting images have more natural, lifelike expression.
|average lamp life||3000 hr|
|Contrast Ratio (Native)||10,000:1|
|Product Type||Multimedia Projector|