This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
HPE Brocade 16Gb/28 SAN Switch Power Pack+ for BladeSystem c-Class Item # 456920
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Are you looking for a higher performance embedded Fibre Channel switch option for your HPE BladeSystem c-Class enclosure? The Brocade 16Gb SAN Switch for HPE BladeSystem c-Class represents the next generation of embedded Fibre Channel switches with 16 Gb/s performance. It hot-plugs into the back of the HPE BladeSystem c-Class Enclosure and its integrated design frees up rack space, enables shared power and cooling, and reduces cabling and small form-factor pluggables. Enhanced trunking support with external switches provides higher bandwidth to enable demanding applications and high density server virtualization. In addition, the 16 or 28 auto-sensing ports support lower bandwidth components for investment protection and an upgrade license enables customers to 'pay as they grow'. The Brocade 16Gb SAN Switch saves space and cost, simplifies the SAN environment, enables easier deployment and management and delivers the performance required for higher throughput applications.
|Expansion Slot Type||SFP+|
|maximum data transfer rate||16 Gbit/s|
|ports||28 Fibre Channel|
|Weight (Approximate)||3.31 lb|
Brocade 16Gb/28 SAN Switch Power Pack+ for BladeSystem c-Class
Enables Data Center Consolidation and Cost Savings Through State-of-the-art Design and Performance
- The Brocade 16 Gb SAN Switch for HPE BladeSystem c-Class enables data center consolidation with HPE BladeSystem c-Class enclosures through a state-of-the-art zero-footprint design while lowering cost through shared power and cooling, fewer cables and SFPs and a reduction in space.
- Enables support of virtualized environments through industry leading 16 Gb/s Fibre Channel performance. Both internal and external facing ports auto-sense lower bandwidth components for flexibility and investment protection (4, 8 or 16 Gb/s for external ports and 8 or16 Gb/s for internal ports).
Enables High Density Virtualization and Deployment of I/O Intensive Applications on HPE BladeSystems
- The Brocade 16 Gb SAN Switch for HPE BladeSystem c-Class offers a non-blocking architecture that supports up to 896 Gb/s of full duplex throughput.
- Supports port trunking of up to 8 SAN ports for a total of up to 128 Gb/s balanced throughput. Trunking of the SAN-facing ports with external Brocade or HPE B-series Switches provides a high-bandwidth solution while lowering costs through fewer SFPs and cables.
- Enables organizations to better manage data flows and meet service level agreements while maintaining optimized application performance in virtual environments with new Adaptive Networking services, including Adaptive Fabric Quality of Service, Traffic Isolation, and Ingress Rate Limiting.
Simplifies Data Center Management Through Integration with Management Platforms and Tools
- The Brocade 16 Gb SAN Switch for HPE BladeSystem c-Class integrates with HPE Onboard Administrator for BladeSystem, HPE Systems Insight Manager, and HPE Storage Essentials.
- Leverages existing HPE B-series management and monitoring tools.
- Enables the use of industry standard interfaces to integrate management with other applications.
|Port speed||16 Gb/s Fibre Channel|
|Number of ports||
(28) Fibre Channel
ports enabled, (28) maximum
|Aggregate switch bandwidth||
End-to-end, full duplex
|Protocol supported||Fibre Channel|
|Encryption capability||In flight encryption|
Redundant switches per BladeSystem for high availability
Hot-code load activation
|BladeSystem supported||Yes, please reference the QuickSpecs for details|
|Models available||16 and 28-port Base Full Fabric models, 28-port Power Pack+ model|
Brocade CLI and Web Tools (included)
HPE SAN Network Advisor (optional)
Power Pack+ (optional)
Standard 16 or 28 ports
12-port upgrade LTU available
Power Pack+ upgrade LTU also available for base models
|Media type technology||Small Form-Factor Pluggable (16 Gb/s and 8 Gb/s SFP+)|
Power Pack+ Software Bundle
Advanced Performance Monitoring
HPE SAN Network Advisor Enterprise Software
HPE SAN Network Advisor Professional Plus Software
|Product dimensions (H x W x D)||10.57 x 7.59 x 1.1 in|
|Weight||3.3 lb (without media)|