Linksys® WRT1900AC Wireless-AC Dual-Band Router Item # 463914
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Supply your household with a high-performance internet connection and fast downloads, so every member of your family can access the Web simultaneously without experiencing frustrating lags and delays with this Wireless-AC router. Multiple users can watch videos, stream music and access online content for schoolwork.
- Features Wireless-AC technology for an ultra-fast network. Backward compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n.
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports let you connect wired-network PCs and devices at ultra-fast speeds.
- USB 3.0 port and combination USB 2.0/eSATA port let you attach external storage devices to share content. USB 3.0 offers data rates up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0.
- Features beamforming technology for a stronger wireless signal. Achieves faster network speeds, improved range and reduced interference.
- Monitor and control your network using the SMART WiFi with Network Map. Set parental controls, create Wi-Fi passwords for guests, add and prioritize network devices and more.
|automatic speed sensing||yes|
|dimensions||5"H x 5"W x 5"D|
|ISM Maximum Frequency||2.40 GHz|
|maximum data transfer rate||1.3 Gbps|
|number of users per network||4|
|operating system compatibility||Windows XP Service Pack 3; Windows Vista Service Pack 1; Windows 7; Windows 8; Mac OS X 10.5.8+|
|plug and play||yes|
|ports||USB 3.0; USB 2.0/eSATA; Ethernet|
|virtual private network (VPN) support||Yes|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
|What's Included||WRT1900AC Wireless AC Router; 4 x External, Dual Band Detachable Antennas; Ethernet Cable; Quick Start Guide; Power Adapter; Power Cord|
|Wireless LAN Standard||IEEE 802.11ac|
|Wireless Transmission Speed||1300 Mbit/s|
|Show More ▾|
From the Manufacturer|Powered by
Linksys WRT1900AC Dual Band Gigabit Wi-Fi RouterBring unparalleled Wi-Fi performance into your home with the WRT1900AC Dual Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Router from Linksys. Featuring a unique four external antenna configuration and a powerful 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, the router is engineered to support active online households by eliminating dead spots in multistory buildings. Multiple users can simultaneously game online, stream movies, and transfer files without lagging interruptions. In addition to four Gigabit Ethernet ports, the router provides connectivity to wired devices via a USB 3.0 port and dual eSATA/USB 2.0 port, letting you transfer huge files without the wait. The WRT1900AC also is equipped with exclusive Linksys Smart Wi-Fi software for total home network control and is open source ready for advanced users who want to customize their firmware.
At a Glance:
- Four external antennas enhance dual band communication to provide greater coverage and strength
- A powerful 1.2 GHz dual-core processor supports multiple digital devices and online users simultaneously to prevent lagging interruptions
- Dual wireless bands of 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz provide fast data transfer speeds
- Four gigabit Ethernet ports, USB 3.0 and dual eSATA/USB 2.0 ports offer convenient connectivity and fast data transfer speeds
- Linksys Smart Wi-Fi offers enhanced monitoring and control of your home Wi-Fi
- Optional open source firmware for advanced users
About Linksys Smart Wi-Fi
Customize and Manage Your Home Wi-Fi Anytime, AnywhereWith the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi App, you can closely monitor and manage your home Wi-Fi remotely using a smartphone or tablet.
- Guest Access: Create a separate, password-protected Wi-Fi network for up to 50 guests and easily share the password.
- Parental Controls: Ensure a safe Internet experience for your kids -- even when you're away from home. Restrict access to inappropriate or distracting content, control usage, and block specific devices from accessing the Internet.
- Device Prioritization: You can prioritize devices that need the most speed.
How to Set Up Smart Wi-Fi
Set up your home Wi-Fi using a Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router.
Download the free Linksys Smart Wi-Fi App.
Use Your Mobile Device to Manage Your Home Wi-Fi.
Professional-Grade Processor to Handle DataThe WRT1900AC is powered by a commanding 1.2 GHz dual-core ARM processor that can handle copious amounts of data extremely fast, easily supporting multiple online users and digital devices all at once. Households won’t suffer slow transfer rates when web surfing, video streaming or online gaming.
Four High-Performance Antennas and Dual Band Wi-Fi CoverageThe Linksys WRT1900AC is the industry’s first router to feature four external, adjustable antennas to ensure optimal coverage and maximum signal strength at all times. By utilizing four high performance antennas, the router enhances dual band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) performance to eliminate dead zones and spotty coverage in the far corners of your home. Dual wireless bands deliver transfer speeds of up to 1.3 Gbps for a strong, reliable Wi-Fi signal in the home. A high-powered amplifier helps maximize signal strength and coverage, even in multistory homes.
Beamforming Creates Stronger, Faster ConnectionsWith Wireless-AC technology, the WRT1900AC router leverages Beamforming, an innovative technology that enables the router to strengthen the wireless signal to specific devices, rather than simply sending out Wi-Fi in a general direction. This results in faster network speeds, better wireless range, reduced interference from other devices, and stronger Wi-Fi connections.
Attach External Storage Device to Share Content with eSATA, USB 3.0, and USB 2.0 Ports
The WRT1900AC is built for wired connection to an array of digital devices using the enhanced USB 3.0 or the unique eSATA/USB2.0 combo port. By integrating the eSATA port, users who prefer to attach an external SATA storage device can utilize the eSATA cable that came with their storage unit and benefit from optimal data transfer speeds. The eSATA port can also be used as a USB 2.0 port.
Open Source ReadyAdvanced users can further customize the WRT1900AC, which will have open source firmware from third-party websites. Developed for use with OpenWRT, an open-source, Linux-based operating system, users can modify the router to suit a particular application.
Wireless Repeater Mode and Wireless Bridge Mode for a More Powerful Wi-Fi Network SignalUsers who own a second WRT1900AC will enjoy a more powerful wireless signal using the SMART Wi-Fi interface. Now you can extend the Wi-Fi signal for both of the router's dual bands (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) with Wireless Repeater Mode, or just one of the bands with Wireless Bridge Mode. Either option effectively turns the WRT1900AC into a powerful range extender or wireless bridge, adding range and speed to wired and wireless connections on your network.
System RequirementsThis product requires a Wi-Fi-enabled computer that has a CD or DVD drive and that runs the Microsoft Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP1 or later, Windows 7, or Windows 8 or the Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.8 or later, Snow Leopard 10.6.1 or later, Lion 10.7 or later, or Mountain Lion 10.8 or later. It also requires an Internet Explorer 8, Safari 5, Google Chrome, or Firefox 8 or later.
Package ContentsLinksys WRT1900AC Dual-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Router, 4 antennas, Ethernet cable, power adapter, quick start guide, and CD-ROM with documentation.