This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
EnGenius Neutron EWS860AP IEEE 802.11ac 1.71 Gbit/s Wireless Access Point - ISM Band - UNII Band Item # 484381
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
The EWS860AP can operate as a stand-alone access point connecting to third-party PoE-capable switches but more control and versatile management of the access point is achievable when it is part of an EnGenius Neutron series wireless network management solution because the AP includes firmware that enables it to be immediately discovered, configured, monitored and managed from a compatible Neutron series. This capability enables IT managers to deploy and manage EWS860APs allowing for simplified management from one browser-based interface including simultaneous firmware upgrades, clustering, traffic monitoring, bandwidth steering and many other features that can be reset or reconfigured from the convenience of the IT manager's desktop.To protect sensitive data during wireless transmissions, the EWS860AP offers different industry-standard encryption settings for wireless transmissions.The EWS860AP is easy to install in virtually any location and its internal electronics have been mounted in an IP68-rated enclosure, one of the highest waterproof and dustproof ratings available, designed to withstand extremely harsh environmental conditions including severe and prolonged exposure to sunlight, extreme cold, frost, snow, rainfall, hail and humidity. The housing of the Access Point also has been manufactured to repel ultraviolet radiation from the sun. These protective measures make the EWS860AP an ideal outdoor wireless solution for virtually any locale or any venue including ski and beach resorts, sports arenas, college and corporate campuses, and businesses located in snowy, rainy, and arid climates.
|Antenna Gain||5 dBi; 7 dBi|
|Certifications & Standards||FCC; IC; IEEE Standards:802.11a; 802.11b; 802.11g; 802.11n; 802.11ac; 802.3at; 802.3af; 802.1Q; 802.1D; 802.1X|
|Frequency Band||2.40 GHz; 5 GHz|
|Input Voltage||12 V DC|
|ISM Maximum Frequency||2.48 GHz|
|ISM Minimum Frequency||2.41 GHz|
|Management||DHCP; SNMP v1, v2c, v3; MIB; CLI; Syslog; Web Based Management|
|manufacturer||EnGenius Technologies, Inc|
|Number of External Antennas||6|
|ports||2 10/100/1000 Ethernet (RJ-45); 1 Power over Ethernet (PoE, RJ-45)|
|Power Over Ethernet (PoE) Supported||PoE+|
|Total Number of Antennas||6|
|UNII Maximum Frequency||5.83 GHz|
|UNII Minimum Frequency||5.18 GHz|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
|Weight (Approximate)||4.17 lb|
|What's Included||Neutron EWS860AP Wireless Access Point; 12V/2A Power Adapter; 3 x 5 dBi Antennas for 2.4 GHz; 3 x 7 dBi Antennas for 5 GHz; Pole Mounting Bracket; RJ-45 Ethernet Cable; Quick Installation Guide|
|Wireless LAN Standard||IEEE 802.11ac|
|Wireless Security||WEP; WPA-PSK; WPA2-PSK; WPA-PSK Mixed; WPA-Enterprise; WPA2- Enterprise; WPA-Mixed Enterprise; WPS|
|Wireless Transmission Speed||1.71 Gbit/s|
|Show More ▾|
Operates as a stand-alone Access Point or part of the EnGenius Neutron Series Wireless Management solution
- Deploy, Configure, and Manage Access Points in Clusters in One Network
- Can be configured, managed and monitored with several Neutron Series Access Points from the browser-based interface of one Neutron Series Wireless Management Layer 2 PoE+ Switch.
- After a Neutron Series Layer PoE+ Switch discovers the EWS860AP it can be "added" and set to be "managed" by the Switch.
- The Neutron Wireless Management solution supports bulk firmware upgrades and other features that can be set and managed across deployed Neutron Series Access Points simultaneously.
- Configure and Group Multiple Switches from One Central Location
- Instantly see, access, and manage every Neutron Wireless Management Switch and Access Point in your entire network - even multiple sites.
- EnGenius Navigator lets you manage multiple sites no matter where you are - ideal for Managed Service Providers, VARs, and System Integrators.
- Makes scaling each network incredibly easy.
- Available as a free download from engeniustech.com.
- Easily Scales to Fit Network Needs
- Including more Neutron Series Access Points to the network gives administrators the ability and versatility to substantially and rapidly scale their networks and to provide just the right amount of Neutron Series Access Points necessary to provide wireless connectivity or in a part of the network previously unserved at an affordable cost.
- Dual Band Operation for Less Congested Networks
- 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands for expanded user capacity.
- Greater number of channels available on the 5 GHz frequency spectrum to support higher bandwidth applications like HD video streaming.
- Improves and Optimizes Wireless Traffic
- Detects Dual Band clients and shifts them to the 5 GHz band to relieve network congestion on the 2.4 GHz band to maintain optimal data traffic flow.
- Stay Constantly Connected with Mesh Technology (2.4 GHz)
- Acting as a node within a web framework, each EnGenius Access Point only needs to connect to the nearest node using the best path to transmit data, working collaboratively with other EnGenius Access Points in the network infrastructure.
- Provides redundant and robust connectivity for wireless deployments when running Ethernet cable is not practical.
- Supported in future firmware releases
- Versatile Operation Modes for Changing Network Needs
- Choose one of three modes available to the EWS860AP depending on user needs: Access Point, Mesh, or WDS (AP, Station, & Bridge).
- Faster File Transfers and Smoother Video Streaming with 3-Stream
- Up to 1300 Mbps on 5 GHz band with 3-Stream 802.11ac.
- Up to 450 Mbps on 2.4 GHz band with 3-Stream 802.11n.
- Discover and Perform Firmware Upgrades Automatically
- 1-Click Access Point Firmware Updates streamlines the firmware update process for any EWS Neutron Series device.
- Allows for the discovery of new firmware versions and sends notifications with lists so users don’t need to search manually for updates.
- Extended Range and Reach with High Gain Antennas
- Three detachable 5 dBi high gain omni-directional antennas for 2.4 GHz and three detachable 7 dBi high gain omni-directional antennas for 5 GHz.
- Endure Harsh Environmental Conditions
- Designed to withstand extremely harsh environmental conditions via its water and dust proof IP68-Rated housing.
- Repels UV radiation.
- High Power and Long-Range
- Up to 29 dBm transmit power on both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radios, enabling long range connectivity.
RF: 2.4 and 5 GHz Frequency Bands
Radio I: 11b/g/n: 2.412-2.472 GHz
Radio II: 11a/n/ac: 5.180-5.825 GHz
Data Rate: Up to 1300 Mbps on the 5 GHz band and up to 450 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band
Memory: 128 MB
Flash Memory 16 MB
Transmit Power: Up to 29 dBm on each band
Peak Power: Up to 34W
Six (6) External N-type omni-Directional antennas
Three (3) x 5 dBi 2.4 GHz omni-directional antennas for 2.4 GHz
Three (3) x 7 dBi 5 GHz omni-directional antennas for 5 GHz
Compliant with N type Connector
LAN 1: RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000 Mbps) – PoE Capable 802.3at (Input)
LAN 2: RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000 Mbps) – PoE Capable 802.af (Output)
EPE-48GR PoE Injector
1 x Reset Button
1 x DC IN 48 V/0.8A
1 x AP/Bridge Port
1 x Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000 Mbps) Port
External Power Adapter on PoE injector, DC IN, 48 V/0.8A
IEEE 802.3at Compliant
Access Point, Mesh*, WDS
Supports up to 16 SSIDs, 8 SSIDs per radio
Supports 802.1q SSID-to-VLAN tagging
VLAN Pass through (over WDS Bridge)
Independent VLAN settings can be enabled or disabled
Any packet without a VLAN tag will be inserted into a PVID (Ethernet Port VID)
Client Traffic Status
Supports 802.1d Spanning Tree Protocol
Wireless Mode: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
Channel Selection (settings may vary by country)
Auto Channel Selection
Channel Bandwidth (Auto, 20 MHz, 40 MHz, 80 MHz*)
*80 MHz is available under ac mode.
Compliant with IEEE 802.11e Standard
v1, v2c, v3
I/II, Private MIB
Other Management Features
Distance Control (Ack Timeout)
802.1X Supplicant (Client Bridge Mode)
WEP Encryption (64/128/152 bit)
WPA/WPA2 Enterprise (WPA-PSK using TKIP or AES)
Hide SSID in beacons
MAC Address Filtering, up to 50 Addresses
Wireless STA (Client) Connection List
Operating: -4 °F to 158 °F, -20 °C to 70 °C
Storage: -22 °F to 176 °F, -30 °C to 80 °C
Operating: (90% or less
Storage: 90% or less
*Supported in future firmware releases
Device, Packaging & Master Carton Dimensions & Weights:
Weight: 4.17 lbs. (1891.48 g)
Length: 11.22” (285 mm)
Width: 8.58” (217.93 mm)
Depth: 2.10” (53.34 mm)
Weight: 4.88 lbs.
Width: 12.04” (306 mm)
Length: 14.76” (375 mm)
Height: 3.58” (149 mm)
Weight: 19.0 lbs.
Width: 12.36” (314 mm)
Length: 14.76” (375 mm)
Height: 12.08” (307 mm)
No. of boxes per Master carton: 2 Units
• EWS860AP Neutron Series 802.11ac 3x3 Dual Band Wireless Managed Outdoor Access Point
• Three (3) Detachable X dBi 2.4 GHz omni-directional antennas
• Three (3) Detachable X dBi 5 GHz omni-directional antennas
• Power Adapter (48V/0.8A)
• PoE Injector (EPE-48GR)
• Grounding Cable
• Pole Mount Bracket
• Wall Mount Base
• Mounting Screw Set
• Quick Installation Guide
EWS5912FP 8-Port Gigabit Wireless Management L2 Switch
EWS7928P 24-Port Gigabit Wireless Management L2 Switch
EWS7928FP 24-Port Gigabit Wireless Management L2 Switch
EWS7952FP 48-Port Gigabit Wireless Management L2 Switch
EDS3110 1-MP 720P Day/Night Box IP Network camera
EDS5110 1-MP 720P Day/Night Bullet IP Network camera
EDS6110 1-MP 720P Day/Night Dome IP Network camera
Warranty: 1 Year
Maximum data rates are based on IEEE 802.11 standards. Actual throughput and range may vary depending on distance between devices or traffic and bandwidth load in the network. Features and specifications subject to change without notice. Trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. For United States of America: Copyright ©2014 EnGenius Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. Compliant with FCC - This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class A digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. Operation of this equipment in a residential area is likely to cause harmful interference in which case the user will be required to correct the interference at his/her own expense.