This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
HPE 5500-24G EI TAA-Compliant Switch with 2 Interface Slots Item # 493765
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
The HPE 5500 EI Switch Series delivers resiliency, security, and multiservice support capabilities at the edge layer of large campus and branch networks. The HPE 5500 EI delivers flexibility, scalability, and low total cost of ownership (TCO) with a robust feature set supporting IRF stacking, Static & RIP Routing, OSPF, BGP, IS-IS, PoE+, ACLs, and IPv6. The 5500 EI Switch Series can be managed with the HPE Intelligent Management Center (IMC) for a single view of your entire network.
|Certifications & Standards||IEEE Standards:802.1p; 802.3at; 802.1S; 802.3ad; 802.1v; 802.3af; 802.3; 802.3u; 802.3ab; 802.1ad; 802.1D; 802.1w; 802.1Q; 802.3x; 802.1AB; 802.1x; Safety:UL 60950-1; EN 60825-1 Safety of Laser Products-Part 1; EN 60825-2 Safety of Laser Products-Part 2; IEC 60950-1; CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60950-1; EN 60950-1/A11; FDA 21 CFR Subchapter J; Emissions:FCC Part 15 Class A; VCCI Class A; EN 55022 Class A; CISPR 22 Class A; ICES-003 Class A; ANSI C63.4 2003; ETSI EN 300 386 V1.3.3; AS/NZS CISPR22 Class A|
|Compatible Rack Unit||1U|
|Expansion Slot Type||SFP|
|Flash Memory||32 MB|
|Input Voltage||110 V AC; 220 V AC|
|Management||Telnet; VLAN; DHCP; RMON 1,2,3 and 9; Web Based Management; SNMP v1, v2c, v3; MIB II; CLI; QoS; HP PCM+; Intelligent Management Center|
|Media Type Supported||Twisted Pair|
|Number of SFP Slots||4|
|Number of Total Expansion Slots||4|
|ports||20 10/100/1000 Ethernet (RJ-45); 1 management; 1 stack|
|power source||Power Supply|
|Redundant Power Supply Supported||No|
|Shared SFP Slot||Yes|
|Standard Memory||256 MB|
|Total Number of Network Ports||24|
|warranty length||limited lifetime|
|Weight (Approximate)||8.82 lb|
|What's Included||5500-24G EI TAA-Compliant Switch with 2 Interface Slots; Mounting Hardware|
|Show More ▾|
HPE 5500-24G EI TAA-compliant Switch with 2 Interface Slots
Resilient, Improved Security and Scalability
- The HPE 5500 EI Switch Series delivers resiliency, security, and multiservice support at the edge layer of your data center and large campus networks.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Intelligent Resilient Fabric (IRF) virtualizes up to nine physical switches into one logical device for simpler, flatter, and more agile networks. The 5500 EI has IPv6 support and fully featured L2/L3 functionality including RIP, OSPF, ISIS, BGP, and PIM.
- Provides scalable stacking with modular 10GbE uplinks (SFP+ and 10GBASE-T) and up to 740 W of PoE+ power with external power supply.
- Includes software-defined network (SDN) capabilities with OpenFlow 1.3 support for future proofing your network.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty and no software licensing required.
Higher Network Performance
- The HPE 5500 EI Switch Series is designed with hardware-based wire speed access control lists (ACLs) to provide high levels of security and ease of administration without impacting network performance with a feature-rich TCAM-based ACL implementation.
- Non-blocking architecture delivers up to 192 Gbps of wire speed switching with a non-blocking switching fabric and up to 143 Mpps throughput.
Powerful Quality of Service (QoS) for Traffic Classification
- The HPE 5500 EI Switch Series supports advanced classifier-based QoS which directs traffic using multiple match criteria based on Layer 2, 3, and 4 information, and applies QoS policies such as setting priority level and rate limit to selected traffic on a port, VLAN, or whole switch.
- Creates traffic classes based on ACLs, IEEE 802.1p precedence, IP, and DSCP or Type of Service (ToS) precedence and supports filter, redirect, mirror, or remark.
- Provides extensive traffic prioritization with congestion actions: strict priority (SP) queuing, weighted round robin (WRR), weighted fair queuing (WFQ), weighted random early discard (WRED), weighted deficit round robin (WDRR), SP+WDRR, and SP+WFQ.
Comprehensive Security Control and Single View of the Network
- The HPE 5500 EI Switch Series supports flexible authentication methods including 802.1X, MAC, and Web Authentication for greater security and policy-driven application authentication.
- Identity-driven security and access control with automatic VLAN assignment and per-user ACLs allows access to specific network services without risking network security. Security features include: IP source guard, DHCPv6 snooping, STP BPDU port protection, RADIUS/HWTACACS, and SSL.
- Can be seamlessly managed with HPE Intelligent Management Center (IMC) to provide end-to-end network transparency with consistent experience through comprehensive configuration, compliance, and policy management.
- RMON and sFlow provide advanced monitoring and reporting capabilities for statistics, history, alarms, and events.
|Ports||(48) 10/100/1000 and (4) dual-personality ports, maximum, or (24) fixed Gigabit Ethernet SFP and (8) dual-personality ports. (2) port expansion module slots. PoE+ available, depending on model|
1000 Mb Latency: < 3.2 µs
10 Gbps Latency: < 2.6 µs
|Throughput||142.9 Mpps, maximum, depending on configuration|
|Routing/switching capacity||192 Gbps, maximum, depending on configuration|
|PoE capability||740 W, maximum, depending on model|
|Stacking capabilities||IRF, with 9 switches|
IMC - Intelligent Management Center
IEEE 802.3 Ethernet mib
|Power supply name||1 x JD362A|
|Input voltage||-48 to -60 VDC maximum, depending on model and configuration|
|Operating temperature range||0 to 45°C|
|Operating humidity range||10 to 90% (noncondensing)|