This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
Netgear ProSafe GS105PE Ethernet Switch - 5 Ports - Manageable - 2 Layer Supported - PoE Ports - Desktop - Lifetime Limited Warranty Item # 524948
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Control and Configure Beyond Plug-and-Play Connectivity
Today's growing businesses rely more on their network to carry out mission-critical business activities. Deployment of VoIP and IP surveillance needs the network intelligence to separate the voice and video traffic from data, and prioritize them accordingly. However, companies do not necessarily have more money or advanced training to deal with complex managed switches. NETGEARÂ® ProSAFEÂ® Gigabit Plus Switches meet this growing need by providing fundamental network features such as VLANs, QoS, and IGMP Snooping that will help optimize the performance of business networks. ProSAFE Plus switches come in a variety of configurations ranging from 5 port desktop to 24 port rackmount. Certain Plus switch models support Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) and can power devices such as IP phones, IP surveillance cameras and wireless access points with just an Ethernet cable; perfect for low cost PoE deployments. ProSAFE Plus Switches are the perfect upgrade from the plug-and-play unmanaged switch, delivering essential networking features at a very affordable price.
With the ability to set up and configure QoS, these Gigabit Plus Switches can detect different types of network traffic and assign the desired priority to latency-sensitive traffic, such as voice and video. This helps improve the delivery quality of related applications such as VoIP, multimedia broadcasting, and video conferencing.
Build Multiple Network Groups
These Gigabit Plus Switches can help divide big networks into smaller more manageable groups and have resources dedicated for one or several groups rather than making the same resources open to all. This feature improves overall network performance, adds security to network traffic, and makes more efficient use of network resources.Troubleshoot Cable Problems
All Gigabit Plus Switches come with a cable diagnostic feature that enables users to easily find out the health status of their network cables. If there are any problems, this feature helps quickly locate the point where the cabling fails; allowing connectivity issues to be fixed much faster, potentially saving technicians hours of troubleshooting.IGMP Snooping for Optimized Multimedia Traffic Delivery
By listening in on the IGMP conversation between hosts and routers, the Gigabit Plus switch can maintain a map as to which links need which IP multicast streams. The Gigabit Plus switch therefore will be able to forward multicast traffic only to the links that have asked for them and cut multicast traffic from links that do not contain a multicast listener. Essentially, IGMP snooping helps optimize multicast performance at Layer 2 and is especially useful for bandwidth-intensive IP multicast applications such as IPTV.
- Supports cost-efficient twisted pair cables for high-speed data transfer up to 100 meters
- No need for power lines and outlets, the switch is capable of obtaining power from the PoE source
- The desktop installation makes it ideal for deployments outside the wiring closet
- Up to 10x faster than standard Ethernet server connectivity while providing high-performance uplinks
- Quickly and easily set up a wired network with 5 networking ports
- Electrical power is transmitted along with data in a single cable to devices such as Access Points, IP cameras or IP phones
- Management capability provides control over setup and configuration of your network
- Layer 2 switch provides a complete lineup of features including IGMP snooping, port mirroring, and spanning tree
|number of ports||5|
|dimensions||1-1/10 in. X 6-15/64 in. X 4-9/64 in.|
|Product Type||Managed Switch|
From the Manufacturer|Powered by
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Plus Switch with PD Pass-throughControl and Configure Beyond Plug-and-Play Connectivity
- WARNING: This product requires PoE input power (802.3af or 802.3at) to operate, it has no means to power from AC.
- PoE Powered (PD) / PoE Pass-Through Switch - so you can put it anywhere!
- 2 PoE 802.3af Pass-Through ports with up to 15.4W per port (not to exceed 19W total across all connected devices) when powered with 802.3at power in
- Configure VLAN, QoS, IGMP Snooping, rate limiting and traffic monitoring on the switch
- Add intelligence to your network beyond what unmanaged switches can provide
- Segment your network and prioritize your traffic using Smart Control Center management application or web browser GUI
- ProSafe LIFETIME WARRANTY/ Next Business Day Replacement/ 24/7 Advanced Tech Support via chat
Switch your Switch - GS105PEThe NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit PoE Smart Managed Plus Switch provides the fundamental network features that will help optimize the performance of business networks.
- 5-Port Gigabit Smart Managed Plus Switch with PoE (GS105PE)
- Screws and rubber feet
- Quick Install Guide
- Installation CD with Configuration Utility software
All About Web Managed SwitchesPDF, 668K, 10 pages
Are All Switches the SamePDF, 29K, 1 page
GS105PE DatasheetPDF, 668K, 10 pages
NETGEAR Business Product Catalog 2018PDF, 7.09MB, 51 pages