TP-Link 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Desktop Switch, TL-SG1008D Item # 538346
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
- A seamless and standard upgrade to help enhance a network to 1000Mbps.
- Increases the speed of your network server and backbone connects.
- Move large, bandwidth-intensive files quickly.
- Transfer graphics, CGI, CAD, or multimedia files and other applications across the network almost instantaneously.
|dimensions||1.7"H x 7.3"W x 5.7"D|
|form factor||Desktop; Wall Mountable|
|manufacturer||TP-LINK Technologies Co., Ltd|
|number of users per network||8|
|Port/Expansion Slot Details||8 x Gigabit Ethernet Network|
|power source||AC adapter|
|Total Number of Network Ports||8|
|Show More ▾|
From the Manufacturer|
8-Port Gigabit Desktop SwitchThe TP-LINK TL-SG1008D 8-Port Gigabit desktop switch provides you an easy way to make the transition to Gigabit Ethernet. Increase the speed of your network server and backbone connections, or make Gigabit to the desktop a reality. Diagnostic LED indicators help you quickly detect and respond to network problems. Adopting lower power consumption design and innovative energy-efficient technology, the TL-SG1008D can save up to 80%1 of the power consumption, making it an eco-friendly solution for your home or office network.
Gigabit SwitchFeatured with eight 8 10/100/1000Mbps ports, TL-SG1008D greatly expands your network capacity, enabling instant large files transferring so power users in the home, office, workgroup, or creative production environment can now move larger, bandwidth-intensive files faster. Transfer graphics, CGI, CAD, or multimedia files across the network instantly.
Go Green with Your EthernetYou now have the choice to go green when upgrading to a gigabit network! This new generation TL-SG1008D 8-Port Gigabit Desktop Switch features the latest innovative energy-efficient technologies that can greatly expand your network capacity with much less power. It automatically adjusts power consumption according to the link status and cable length to limit the carbon footprint of your network.
Power down Idle Ports
When a computer or network equipment is off, the corresponding port of a traditional switch will continue to consume considerable amounts of power. The TL-SG1008D can automatically detect the link status of each port and reduce the power consumption of ports that are idle, resulting in up to an 80% reduction in power use.
Power Budget According to Cable Length
Ideally, shorter cable would use less power because of less power degradation over their length; this is not the case with most devices as they will use the same amount of power across the cable regardless of the length.
Easy to UseThe auto features of this gigabit switch make installation plug and play and hassle-free. No configuring is required. Auto MDI/MDIX eliminate the need for crossover cables. Auto-negotiation on each port senses the link speed of a network device (either 10, 100, or 1000 Mbps) and intelligently adjusts for compatibility and optimal performance.
Faster Network Response TimesThe non-blocking switching architecture adopted in the Eight-Port Unmanaged Gigabit Desktop Switch greatly improves network response times and significantly speeds up the traffic between subnets by forwarding and filtering packets at full wire speed for maximum throughput.
Diagnostic LED IndicatorsThe TL-SG1008D features diagnostic LEDs that display link status and activity, enabling you to quickly detect and correct problems on the network.
Universal System CompatibilityThe TL-SG1008D is compatible with all 10, 100, and 1,000 Mbps Ethernet devices, allowing you to protect your existing investments while migrating to a faster network.
Industry-Leading Warranty and SupportIndustry-Leading2 2-year warranty, 24/7 unlimited technical support by phone (1-866-225-8139) and email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Innovative energy-efficient technology saves power up to 80%
- Supports IEEE 802.3x flow control for Full Duplex mode and backpressure for Half Duplex mode
- Non-blocking switching architecture that forwards and filters packets at full wire-speed for maximum throughput
- 16Gbps Switching Capacity
- 9K Jumbo frame improves performance of large data transfers
- Auto-MDI/MDIX eliminates the need for crossover cables
- Supports MAC address auto-learning and auto-aging
- Auto-negotiation ports provide smart integration between 10Mbps, 100Mbps and 1000Mbps hardware
- Fanless design ensures quiet operation
- Desktop or wall-mounting design
- Plug and Play design simplifies installation
- 8-Port Gigabit Desktop Switch
- Power Adapter
- User Guide
- 1 Maximum power savings when compared to a TP-LINK conventional switch, the real saving rate may vary based on the usage condition.
- 2 Compared to the warranty and tech support that other leading brands of networking and consumer electronics products provide