This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
Evan-Moor® Phonics And Word Study For Struggling Readers Item # 580485
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Provides scaffolded practice of important phonics and word study skills that struggling readers need for success
- Pretests provide the assessment needed to differentiate instruction. Includes high-frequency word lists, compiled from well-respected Dolch Basic Sight Vocabulary and Fry's Instant Words, feature 240 sight words to master. A reproducible cover is provided to make handy booklets for quick and easy practice.
- Scaffolded practice allows students to start successfully at the introductory level of a skill and gradually progress to the application of the skill in a meaningful story context.
- Practice pages feature formats that are fun and engaging for students.
- Gives teachers everything they need to assess students' skills needs and provide age-appropriate practice for mastery.
- Overviews guide teachers to a clear understanding of the skill and offer suggestions for introducing the skill to Grades 4-6 students.
- Learn It! gives a simple explanation of the skill and presents words to read aloud and an activity based on recognizing the targeted phonics or structural analysis skill.
- Practice It! builds on what was learned, presenting words in the context of a fun word game.
- Review It! reviews the skill in a close activity presented in test format.
- Read It! incorporates the skill in an engaging illustrated story.
- Apply It! applies the skill through phonics-related questions, develops comprehension through critical-thinking questions, and practices for fluency through an oral reading activity.
|age recommendation||Child years|
|grade||kindergarten; 1st grade; 2nd grade; 3rd grade|
|number of pages||288|
|size||8 1/2" x 11"|
|subject||phonics; word study; comprehension; fluency; high frequency words; reading|