This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
StarTech.com 1 Port USB 2.0 over Cat5 / Cat6 Ethernet Extender - up to 330ft (100m) Item # 587655
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Extend one USB 2.0 connection up to 330ft away from the computer over Cat5 or Cat6 cable. The USB2001EXT2 USB over Cat5/Cat6 Extender lets you extend a USB 2.0 connection over distances of up to 100-meters (330-feet), over standard Cat5 or Cat6 Ethernet cabling.Backward compatible with USB 1.x devices, the extender enables almost any kind of USB device to be placed at remote locations away from the host computer system.With data bandwidth of up to 480 Mbps and no software installation required, the USB extender offers a fast, easy, and versatile solution for business or industrial applications with durable metal housing, an included surface-mounting bracket kit, and simple plug-and-play installation.Plus, the extender provides up to the full 500 mA of power (with the use of an external power adapter at the remote end) allowing for greater compatibility with bus-powered USB devices.
|Certifications & Standards||CE; FCC|
|maximum data transfer rate||60 MB/s|
|Maximum Extended Range||328.08 ft|
|ports||1 Ethernet (RJ-45); 1 USB|
|Receiver Weight (Approximate)||1.10 lb|
|Transmitter Weight (Approximate)||1.10 lb|
|warranty length||2-year limited|
|What's Included||1 x Local Extender; 1 x Remote Extender; 1 x USB 2.0 Cable; 1 x Mounting Kit; 1 x Universal Power Adapter; 3 x Power Adapter Cord (NA/ EU/ UK); 1 x Instruction Manual|
|Show More ▾|
StarTech.com 1 Port USB over Cat5 Cat6 Ethernet Extender up to 330ft (100m)
Backward compatible with USB 1.x devices, the extender enables almost any kind of USB device to be placed at remote locations away from the host computer system.
With data bandwidth of up to 480 Mbps and no software installation required, the USB extender makes for a fast, easy-to-setup and versatile USB extension solution, with a sleek metal enclosure that ensures durability in all types of operating environments. Plus, the extender provides up to the full 500 mA of power (with the use of an external power adapter at the remote end) allowing for greater compatibility with bus-powered USB devices.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Extend a USB 2.0 device up to 100m/ 330ft away from the computer over a single Cat5 or Cat6 ethernet cable
- Connect USB devices with up to 480Mbps of bandwidth and the full 500mA of power for improved speed, compatibility and reliability
- Eliminates the need to cascade expensive, inflexible and space consuming USB hubs or repeaters for USB range extension
- One USB 2.0 port over a single Cat5/Cat6 cable
- Maximum extension distance of up to 100m (330ft) over Cat5 or Cat6 cabling
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 compliant, with support for data transfer rates up to 480 Mbps
- Up to 500mA of power per port, for USB bus-powered devices
- 8kV Contact and 16kV Air Electrical Static Discharge (ESD) protection
- No driver or software installation required
- Includes surface-mounting brackets for both local and remote extender units
- Secured environments where the host computer must be in a secure, inaccessible location from the the keyboard, mouse, camera or other USB input devices
- Industrial control environments where the host computer must be located away from interference or contamination
- Can be used with existing in-wall Cat5/Cat6 ethernet wiring, for extending USB connections between rooms
- Reduce cable clutter and the need for mid-point USB hubs/repeaters by running a single, easy-to-install Cat5/Cat6 cable