This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
- High-speed 8-port wired switch lets you easily expand your wired network, to network up to 8 Ethernet-enabled computers, for example. Also features advanced power-saving design.
- Dedicated bandwidth of up to 1000Mbps per port (half-duplex) helps eliminate bottlenecks and bandwidth constraints within your workgroup. Compatible with 10Mbps and 100Mbps (10/100Base-T) devices, too.
- Energy-saving features help make your network environmentally preferable without compromising performance. Switch automatically powers down ports that have no link, budgets power output for different Ethernet cable lengths, and uses a power adapter that is more energy efficient.
- Supports Quality of Service (QoS), to improve the delivery of time-sensitive applications, such as Voice over IP (VoIP) phone calls and LAN gaming.
- MAC address learning and aging and 802.3x flow control help alleviate traffic congestion, ensuring reliable and efficient data transmission.
- Easy, hassle-free installation with no configuration. LED indicators for each port help you diagnose problems quickly.
- Compact size, just 7.8" x 4.7" x 1.25".
- Includes a wall-mount kit and power adapter.
- Backed by the manufacturer's 3-year limited warranty.
|automatic speed sensing||yes|
|dimensions||1.25"H x 7.8"W x 4.7"D|
|manufacturer||D-Link Systems, Inc.|
|maximum data transfer rate||1000 Mbps|
|number of users per network||8|
|plug and play||yes|
|warranty length||3-year limited|
From the Manufacturer|Powered by
DescriptionLike the environment? We do too. D-Link's DGS-2208 8-port Switch is greener than ever and can save you both power and money.The DGS-2208 provides three key benefits through its cutting edge, innovative D-Link Green eco-friendly technology:
- Reduces power consumption & creates less heat
- Extended product life
- Reduces operating costs
Power Savings by Number of Connected Ports and Link Status
Computers do not require Internet access all the time; neither do switches utilize all ports at all times. When a computer or network equipment is shut down, switches often remain on and continue to consume considerable amounts of power. With D-Link Green Technology, D-Link switches can automatically detect link status and reduce power usage of ports that are idle. Computers or any connecting parties set to standby mode (not power off), however, will not provide significant power savings.
Power Savings by Cable Length
D-Link Green verified switches have the ability to analyze the length of any Ethernet cable connected to them for adjustment of power usage accordingly. Shorter lengths require less power.
Overall Power Savings Per Day
For a traditional switch, power consumption remains constant even when the ports are not in use. In a standard workday scenario where PCs are used for 10 hours a day and powered off 14 hours a day, and connected to the switch using 20 meter cables, D-Link Green Technology can save up to power used for each system.
Get the blazing speed of Gigabit Ethernet with the D-Link DGS-2208, an 8-port 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Switch that delivers power, performance, and reliability in one cost-effective, space-saving design. Increase the speed of your network server and backbone connections, or make Gigabit to the desktop a reality.
Power users in the home, office, workgroup, or creative production environment can now move large, bandwidth-intensive files faster. Transfer graphics, CGI, CAD, or multimedia files across the network instantly.
The D-Link DGS-2208 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Switch features a non-blocking switching architecture that filters and forwards packets at full wire-speed for maximum throughput. An 8,000 MAC address table provides scalability for even the largest networks. Address learning and aging, 802.3x Flow Control for full duplex mode, and back pressure flow control for half-duplex mode alleviates traffic congestion and ensures reliable data transmission.
Designed using industry standards, it is compatible with virtually all 10, 100, and 1000Mbps Ethernet devices and other vendor equipment. The D-Link DGS-2208 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Switch protects your existing network investments while providing you with a straightforward migration path to faster Gigabit speeds.
Easy to use
The auto features of this gigabit switch make installation plug and play and hassle-free. No configuring is required. Auto MDI/MDI-X crossover on all ports eliminate the need for crossover cables or uplink ports. Auto-negotiation on each port senses the link speed of a network device (either 10, 100, or 1000 Mbps) and intelligently adjusts for compatibility and optimal performance.
The switch also features diagnostic LEDs which display status and activity, allowing you to quickly detect and correct problems on the network.
- D-Link Green Technology
- 16Gbps Switching Capacity
- Desktop or Wall-Mount Design
- Non-blocking Architecture
|Network Data Transfer Rate||
|Minimum System Requirements||
Green Ethernet features available on hardware version C1 or later.
All references to speed are for comparison purposes only. Product specifications, size and shape are subject to change without notice, and actual product appearance may differ from that depicted herein.
DatasheetPDF, 1.19MB, 2 pages
- 1 Limited Lifetime Warranty available only in the USA and Canada if purchased on or after June 1, 2010.
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability