This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards Everything now!
D-Link ShareCenter DNS-320 Network Storage Server Item # 613753
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
The ShareCenter Pulse Network Storage devices enable users to share documents and media content such as photos, music and videos on a home network or over the Internet. File access is easy and straightforward with the built-in web file server, which allows you to browse and download your stored files over the Internet.The ShareCenter Pulse has a Gigabit port for the fastest connectivity possible to your home network through your router. RAID 1 technology ensures that your valuable data will not be lost by mirroring the contents of one hard drive onto the other, so if one drive files, your data is still safe.Its built-in UPnP media server will stream the media content in your ShareCenter Pulse to any compatible media player - such as the PlayStation 3, Microsoft Xbox 360, and D-Link Boxee Box - over your local network. ShareCenter Pulse allows for multiple simultaneous streams, so you can watch a movie on your entertainment center while someone else listens to music streamed into their computer.The confidentiality and integrity of files is guaranteed as you can give rights to specific users or groups and assign them to folders with specific read/write permissions. This function is ideal for the home, where children's access can be restricted to only age-appropriate materials, while ensuring that nobody can delete your files by accident.The DNS-320 ShareCenter Pulse is part of D-Link Green, D-Link's program for providing eco-friendly alternatives without compromising performance: if the hard drives are not used in a configurable period of time, or data is not being transmitted, the ShareCenter Pulse will enter stand-by mode to save power. Also, the silent fan will adapt its speed depending on the hard drives temperature.
|dimensions||5 9/10" x 6 9/10" x 4 1/2"|
|Management||E-mail Alerts; System/FTP log; Yahoo! Widget; Easy Search Utility|
|manufacturer||D-Link Systems, Inc|
|Number of 3.5" Bays||2|
|Number of Total Expansion Bays||2|
|ports||1 Ethernet (RJ-45); 1 USB 2.0|
|processor speed||800 MHz|
|Protocols||TCP/IP; CIFS/SMB; AFP; DHCP; DDNS; NTP; SSL/TLS; HTTP; HTTPS; UPnPAV; Bonjour; NFS; FTP|
|RAID Levels||0, 1, JBOD|
|Standard Memory||128 MB|
|Total Number of USB Ports||1|
|warranty length||3-year limited|
|Weight (Approximate)||1.87 lb|
|What's Included||ShareCenter DNS-320 Network Storage Server; Power Adapter; Ethernet Cable; Quick Installation Guide; CD ROM|
|Show More ▾|
From the Manufacturer|
D-Link's DNS-320 2-Bay Network Storage device allows you to back up and share your digital files over the network without breaking the bank. Enjoy the flexibility of using your own SATA disk drives.
The D-Link® ShareCenter® 2-Bay Network Storage device with USB printer support is the perfect way to store, safeguard, and share your digital documents, music, videos, and photos with anyone on your network. The DNS-320 is expandable; you can add up to 2 SATA drives giving you plenty of space to store tons of digital photos, thousands of hours of digital music, or hundreds of DVD-quality movies. Adding a drive is a breeze with the D-Link tool-less design.
- Easily connects to your existing network
- Centrally store and share photos, music and videos
- Supports Windows, Mac and Linux computers
- Built-in Web File server and FTP server allow users to easily access important documents remotely, over the Internet
- Built-in Peer-to-Peer (P2P) downloader for downloading digital media from the Internet without having to power on or connect your PC
- Stream movies to your TV using the Boxee Box or any other compatible media player, such as the PlayStation 3® or Microsoft XBox 360®
PROTECTRAID technology to protect your data in the event of a hard drive failure
4 different modes to choose from:
- Standard mode creates two separately accessible hard drives.
- JBOD combines both drives in a linear fashion for maximum space efficiency.
- RAID 0 combines both drives in a 'striped' configuration, splitting data evenly across the hard drives to provide the highest performance.
- RAID 1 causes two drives to mirror each other, providing maximum protection. If one drive fails, the unaffected drive in the partition will continue to operate normally. Once you replace the failed drive, RAID 1 mirroring will resume and both drives will mirror each other again.
- Create a failsafe protection solution from accidental data loss on your PC
- Automatically back up your data
- Set schedules and rules with incremental backups and storage quotas for specific users and groups.
- Built-in Remote Backup application allows you to backup your ShareCenter device to a second device at an off-site location
AN IDEAL SOLUTION
- With Gigabit connectivity, an easy to use management GUI, and a simple installation wizard you can get setup in minutes.
1 Hard drive(s) not included with DNS-320 model. DNS-320-1TB includes 1 x 1TB SATA drive. An internal 3.5" SATA drive is required to store or share files and must be formatted before use. RAID 0 and RAID 1 require the use of two (2) SATA drives. To avoid drive incompatibility in RAID 0 or RAID 1 operation, use SATA drives from the same manufacturer. Formatted drive capacity for RAID 1 operation is dependent on the drive capacity of the lower-sized drive. May not work with older generation SATA drives. For a list of SATA drives that have been tested to work with the DNS-320 visit the FAQs section.
2 Use of an FTP Server over the Internet does not provide secure or encrypted transmissions, unless the end user enables SSL authentication in their FTP client.
3 D-Link cannot guarantee full compatibility or proper playback with all codecs. Playback capability depends on the codec support of the UPnP AV media player.
4 24/7 Basic Installation Support is available only in the USA for the first 30 days from date of original purchase.
5 3-Year Limited Warranty available only in the USA and Canada.
6 D-Link makes no warranty as to the availability, reliability, functionality, and operation of the iTunes Server feature.
7 Computer must adhere to Microsoft’s recommended System Requirements.
All references to speed and range are for comparison purposes only. Product specifications, size, and shape are subject to change without notice, and actual product appearance may differ from that depicted on the package. See inside package for warranty details.
- Two 3.5" SATA Hard Drive Bays
- 800MHz CPU
- Tool-less Hard Drive Installation
- Multiple Hard Drive Configurations: RAID 0, RAID 1, Standard, and JBOD
- High Performance with Gigabit Ethernet Connectivity
- USB Port Supports Print Serving, UPS Monitoring and One Touch Backup
- Built-in Web File Server and Secure FTP Server for File Access Over the Internet
- DLNA™ Server to Stream Music, Photos, and Video to Compatible Media Players Including PlayStation® 3, Xbox® 360 and the Boxee Box by D-Link.
- iTunes Server
- Apple Time Machine Support
- Peer-to-Peer Download Engine
- Users and Groups can be Assigned to Folders with Read or Read/Write Access
- Establish Storage Quotas for Users and Groups
- Full or Incremental Backups
- Recover Your Computer using the Bundled Backup Software
- Automatic E-mail Notification of Device Status
- Configure Language Setting for use with Web Interface
- Yahoo! Widget Support
- NFS Server Support
- 24/7 Basic Installation Support
- 3-Year Limited Warranty
|Supported Hard Drive Type||
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||
|Minimum System Requirements||