BUFFALO DriveStation Quad USB 3.0 4-Drive 24 TB Desktop DAS (HD-QH24TU3R5) Item # 629726
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Buffalo's DriveStation Quad Hard Drive Array is a 4-drive, RAID enabled storage solution for small servers, creative professionals, offices and consumers who need large, redundant and high performance external storage.With support for USB 2.0, DriveStation Quad is compatible with almost any PC or Mac computer. eSATA 3.0 support produces exceptionally fast transfer rates, providing the speed that even the most performance critical applications like HD video production require. DriveStation Quad features the capacity, redundancy and performance required for demanding professional and server applications.
|controller type||Serial ATA/300|
|Drive Interface||Serial ATA/300|
|Host Interface||USB 3.0|
|manufacturer||Buffalo Americas, Inc.|
|Number of Hard Drives Installed||4|
|Number of Hard Drives Supported||4|
|Number of Total Expansion Bays||4|
|Product Line||DriveStation Quad|
|RAID Levels||0, 1, 5, 10, JBOD; 0; 5; 10; 1|
|Total Hard Drive Capacity Installed||24 TB|
|warranty length||3-year limited|
|Weight (Approximate)||12.13 lb|
|What's Included||DriveStation Quad HD-QH24TU3R5 DAS Array; Setup CD-ROM; Quick-Setup Guide; USB 3.0 Cable; AC Adapter; Warranty Statement|
|Show More ▾|
Overview:DriveStation Quad is a high performance, 4-drive desktop storage and backup solution. Equipped with four optimized hard drives, DriveStation Quad features the redundancy and performance required for demanding professional and server applications.
EASY SCHEDULED BACKUPDriveStation Quad is perfect for backing up your important files. Disaster and hard drive failures can occur unexpectedly; don't leave your important files and treasured memories in the hands of chance. DriveStation Quad features eleven licenses of NovaBACKUP Buffalo Edition for Windows® PCs and servers (one server and ten workstations) and Time Machine support for backing up Mac computers.
FLEXIBLE STORAGE AND REDUNDANCYDriveStation Quad provides users the flexibility to easily maximize capacity or protect their data using RAID redundancy.
- RAID 0 combines all drives into a single array offering maximum storage capacity with no redundancy
- RAID 1 mirrors the four drives, creating an exact copy of data on each drive for fault tolerance
- RAID 5 stripes the data across all four drives, interspersing parity data to provide an efficient blend of fault tolerance and storage capacity
- RAID 10 mirrors two sets of hard drives and combines them into a single array, striping data across all mirrored sets for fault tolerance and increased performance
HOT-SWAPPABLE HARD DRIVESDriveStation Quad's hot swap feature allows a user to replace a hard drive in the event of failure without powering down the device. Simply remove the defective drive, insert the new drive and the data rebuilds while still being available to clients on the network with zero downtime.
BUFFALO TOOLSBuffalo Tools is a feature-rich suite of software included with Buffalo DriveStation Quad. Any or all of the following components of Buffalo Tools may be installed on Windows PCs.
- Buffalo's Backup Utility is a featured backup software for Windows PCs and can be used to back up one or multiple computers with a single Buffalo external hard drive.
- eco Manager is an energy efficiency tool used to conserve energy and reduce battery consumption by regulating the power usage of the hard drive, cutting power to the drive during extended periods of inactivity.
- TurboPC includes two components to enhance file transfer performance with external hard drives. It also includes TurboCopy which provides additional system adjustments to increase performance substantially.
- SecureLock software for Windows® provides complete control of the data encryption on your Buffalo external hard drive, providing password protection and software data encryption.