This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
HPE StoreEver LTO Ultrium Tape Drives represent seven-generations of LTO technology capable of storing up to 15 TB per cartridge, with HPE TapeAssure for manageability, hardware data encryption, HPE StoreOpen with LTFS for ease of use at an unprecedented performance. With HPE TapeAssure customers can be confident that their data is safe by monitoring drive and media utilization, operational performance and life/health information for drive and media. Data hardware encryption using AES 256-bit provides easy-to-enable security to protect the most sensitive data and prevent unauthorized access of tape cartridges. Linear Tape File System (LTFS) is an open format for storing data on tape that makes LTO generation 5 and later tapes self-describing and file-based. Capable of data transfer rates up to 300 MB/sec native, HPE's Data Rate Matching further optimizes performance by matching host system speed to keep drives streaming, thus enabling the fastest tape performance.
|Compatible Bay||1 x front accessible - 5.25" x 1/2H|
|Compressed Storage Capacity||3 TB|
|Data Transfer Rate (compressed)||280 MBps (1008 GBph)|
|Data Transfer Rate (native)||140 MBps (504 GBph)|
|Drive Width||5.25 in.|
|Formats Supported||LTO-5 (Read/Write); LTO-4 (Read/Write); LTO-3 (Read)|
|Maximum Compressed Data Transfer Rate||291.27 MB/s|
|Maximum Native Data Transfer Rate||142.22 MB/s|
|Native Storage Capacity||1.50 TB|
|Recording Method||Linear Serpentine|
|Recording Standard||LTO Ultrium 5; Ultrium 4, Ultrium 5|
|Supported Tape Cartridges (Read and Write)||Ultrium 4, Ultrium 5|
|warranty length||3-year limited|
|Weight (Approximate)||7.94 lb|
|What's Included||LTO-5 Ultrium 3000 SAS Internal Tape Drive; HP Tape CD-ROM; Server Backup Basic and Recovery Software CD; HP LTO5 Ultrium 3 TB RW Data Cartridge; Mini-SAS SFF8482 to SFF8087 cable; Documentation|
HPE StoreEver LTO-5 Ultrium 3000 SAS Internal Tape Drive
Outstanding Capacity and Performance, Monitoring Capabilities, Hardware Encryption & StoreOpen/LTFS
- HPE StoreEver LTO Ultrium Tape Drives provide up to 30TB1 of compressed capacity on a single cartridge.
- HPE StoreOpen Standalone and Linear Tape File System (LTFS) allows customers to store data in an open format making the tape self-describing and file-based.
- Enables even the tightest backup window to be met with unprecedented performance.
- Provides highest level of security with encryption for strong backup data privacy to secure confidential information and address compliance quickly and with fewer cartridges.
Reliable, Well Connected and Compatible
- Allows the tape drive to continuously adjust the speed of the drive to keep drives streaming to maximize performance and reduce start/stops which significantly increase reliability of HPE drives and media.
- SAS models qualified on HPE and non-HPE servers; including popular platforms from vendors such as Dell, IBM, and Sun. See DAPR compatibility matrix on the right rail for more information.
- Extensive list of supported backup and archiving software applications from HPE, CA, VERITAS, Legato, Tivoli, and many more.
- Design leveraged from previous HPE LTO tape drives to deliver confident backups at high duty cycles.
Complete Solution Straight out of the Box
- Provides HPE LTO media, cables, user guides and a download flyer for the fully functional 60-day trial of Veritas Backup Exec. Customers can receive a 50% discount off Veritas MSRP.
- For IT organizations with stringent, long-term data retention requirements, WORM data protection capability offers a simple and secure method for archiving records allowing customers to affordably meet the toughest industry compliance regulations.
|Recording technology||LTO-5 Ultrium 3000|
|Capacity||3 TB compressed 2:1|
|Transfer rate||1 TB/hr, compressed 2:1|
|Host interface||6 Gb/s SAS|
|Encryption capability||AES 256-bit|
|Form factor||5.25 inch half-height|
|Product dimensions (H x W x D)||1.6 x 5.7 x 8.1 in|
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability