This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
HPE 5510 48G 4SFP+ HI 1-slot Switch Item # 668975
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
The HPE FlexNetwork 5510 HI Switch Series delivers outstanding resiliency, security, and multiservice support for medium and large enterprise networks. This switch includes enterprise-class QoS; dual, redundant power supplies with support for PoE+; 10GbE and 40GbE uplinks; 9 chassis IRF stacking; Static & RIP Routing, MACsec, OSPF, IPv6 and Energy Efficient Ethernet. The 5510 HI offers advanced technologies including OAM, CFD, multi-level QoS, MPLS, and VPLS. It can be managed with the HPE Intelligent Management Center (IMC) Software for a single view of your entire network.
|Ethernet Technology||Gigabit Ethernet; 10 Gigabit Ethernet|
|Expansion Slot Type||SFP+|
|Media Type Supported||Optical Fiber; Twisted Pair|
|model||5510 48G 4SFP+ HI 1-slot|
|Network Technology||10/100/1000Base-TX; 10GBase-X|
|Number of SFP+ Slots||4|
|Number of Total Expansion Slots||5|
|Port/Expansion Slot Details||1 x Expansion Slot; 48 x Gigabit Ethernet Network; 4 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot|
|power source||Power Supply|
|Product Series||5510 HI|
|Redundant Power Supply Supported||Yes|
|Total Number of Network Ports||48|
|Weight (Approximate)||16.53 lb|
|Show More ▾|
HPE FlexNetwork 5510 48G 4SFP+ HI 1-slot Switch
Highly Resilient, More Secure, and Scalable Access Layer Switches
- The HPE FlexNetwork 5510 HI Switch Series delivers outstanding resiliency, security, and multiservice support capabilities for traditional large enterprise networks. Advanced technologies include OAM, CFD, RRPP, BFD, Multi-level QoS, MPLS, and VPLS.
- The HPE Intelligent Resilient Framework (IRF) virtualizes up to nine physical switches into one logical device for simpler, flatter, more agile networks.
- Offers scalable stacking with both built-in and modular 10GbE uplinks and 40GbE for high capacity, back-haul connectivity.
- Dual, redundant, hot-swappable power supplies keep your network up and running and deliver up to 1440 Watt of PoE+ for powered cameras, phones and wireless access points.
- The 5510 HI has IPv6 support and fully featured Layer 3 functionality, including RIP, OSPF, ISIS, BGP, and PIM with no software licensing required.
- The HPE FlexNetwork 5510 HI Switch Series provides higher levels of security with hardware-based, wire-speed access control lists (ACLs).
- Provides simple administration without impacting network performance offering feature-rich TCAM-based ACL implementation.
- Non-blocking architecture delivers up to 336 Gb/s of wire-speed switching with a non-blocking switching fabric and up to 250 million pps throughput.
Robust Quality of Service (QoS)
- The HPE FlexNetwork 5510 HI Switch Series supports advanced classifier-based QoS which directs traffic using multiple match criteria based on Layer 2, 3, and 4 information and applies QoS policies such as setting priority level and rate limit to selected traffic on a port, VLAN, or whole switch.
- Creates traffic classes based on ACLs, IEEE 802.1p precedence, IP, and DSCP or Type of Service (ToS) precedence. Supports filter, redirect, mirror, or remark.
- Get extensive traffic prioritization with congestion actions: strict priority (SP) queuing, weighted round robin (WRR), weighted fair queuing (WFQ), weighted random early discard (WRED), weighted deficit round robin (WDRR), SP+WDRR, and SP+WFQ.
Comprehensive Security Control and a Single View of the Network
- The HPE FlexNetwork 5510 HI Switch Series supports flexible authentication methods including 802.1X, MAC, and Web authentication for greater security and policy-driven application authentication.
- Offers identity-driven security and access control with automatic VLAN assignment and per-user ACLs allow access to specific network services without risking network security.
- Security features include: IP source guard, DHCPv6 snooping, STP BPDU port protection, RADIUS/HWTACACS, and SSL. Supports MACsec for greater end-point or switch-to-switch security.
- Can be seamlessly managed with HPE Intelligent Management Center (IMC) to provide end-to-end network transparency with consistent network experience through comprehensive configuration, compliance and policy management.
- RMON and sFlow provide advanced monitoring and reporting capabilities for statistics, history, alarms and events.
(48) RJ-45 autosensing 10/100/1000 ports
Ports 1 - 8 support MACSec
(4) SFP+ 10GbE ports
(1) port expansion module slot
Supports a maximum of 6 SFP+ ports or 2 1/10GBASE-T ports or 2 40GbE ports, with optional module
|Memory and processor||
2 GB SDRAM
Packet buffer size: 4 MB
512 MB flash
1000 Mb Latency: < 5 µs
10 Gbps Latency: < 3 µs
|Throughput||up to 250 Mpps|
|Routing/switching capacity||336 Gbps|
IMC - Intelligent Management Center
100 - 240 VAC, rated (90 - 264 VAC, max)
-48 to -60 VDC, rated (-36 to -72 VDC, max) (depending on power supply chosen)
|Operating temperature range||0 to 45°C|
|Operating humidity range||10 to 90% (noncondensing)|
|Power consumption||150 W (maximum)|
|Heat dissipation||238 BTU/hr (686.81 kJ/hr)|
|Product dimensions (H x W x D)||1.72 x 17.32 x 14.17 in|
- (1) HPE 5510 48G 4SFP+ HI 1-slot Switch