TP-LINK Talon AD7200 IEEE 802.11ad Ethernet Wireless Router Item # 674051
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Talon AD7200 uses a powerful wireless technology to provide speeds of up to 4600 Mbps on the 60 GHz Wi-Fi band, completely revolutionizing your definition of fast.
|ISM Maximum Frequency||2.40 GHz|
|manufacturer||TP-LINK Technologies Co., Ltd|
|virtual private network (VPN) support||yes|
|What's Included||Talon AD7200 Multi-Band Wi-Fi Router; Power Supply Unit; Ethernet Cable; Quick Installation Guide|
|Wireless LAN Standard||IEEE 802.11ad|
|Wireless Transmission Speed||7372.80 Mbit/s|
From the Manufacturer|Powered by
The Fastest Wi-Fi. Ever.Game, share, and stream in 4K on Wi-Fi faster than Gigabit Ethernet with the Talon AD7200. The Wireless AD router runs multiple bands to reach speeds up to 7200Mbps while providing whole-home coverage. Its leading-edge antenna design sends strong, reliable Wi-Fi across your home, and new beam-steering technology directs Wi-Fi along the clearest path to devices. The router uses MU-MIMO and 4-Stream to reduce wait times and increase Wi-Fi speeds. A powerful 1.4GHz dual-core processor easily handles simultaneous connections to keep your router running at peak performance.
Wireless AD for Streaming and Sharing Faster Than EverThe Talon AD7200 is the world’s first router to support 802.11ad—the latest, most powerful wireless technology. Using Wireless AD, the Talon AD7200 runs a new 60GHz Wi-Fi band that reaches speeds significantly faster than Gigabit Ethernet. Now, you can download 100 photos in less than a second, an HD movie in less than 40 seconds, and a full 4K movie in less than eight minutes, all over your Wi-Fi. 1
Multi-Band for Whole-Home CoverageThe Talon AD7200 runs multiple bands at an unprecedented 7.2Gbps to provide complete coverage for all your devices. The new 60GHz (4600Mbps) band is a perfect single-room Wi-Fi solution that supports more simultaneous connections without interference. On top of 60GHz, the router’s 5GHz (1733Mbps) and 2.4GHz (800Mbps) bands cover the rest of your home in powerful AC2600 Wi-Fi.
Leading-Edge Antenna Design for Stronger Wi-FiThe Talon AD7200 uses eight high-gain antennas—seven external, one internal—as well as an external 60GHz antenna array to create strong Wi-Fi connections across your home. Beamforming helps the router locate Wi-Fi devices and focus its wireless signal in their direction.
Beam-Steering for More Reliable ConnectionsThe 60GHz band uses beam-steering technology to detect objects and direct the Talon AD7200’s Wi-Fi along the clearest path to devices. If there’s something between the router and a wireless device, like a chair or couch, beam-steering sends Wi-Fi around it for a stronger connection.
MU-MIMOMU-MIMO lets the Talon AD7200 simultaneously communicate with multiple devices on its 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands to reduce wait times and speed up connections. With MU-MIMO, more users can be online at once without affecting the router’s performance. 2
4-Stream4-Stream creates faster Wi-Fi connections by adding an extra data stream to both the Talon AD7200’s 5GHz and 2.4GHz bands. The four total streams per band greatly increase Wi-Fi speed, letting you enjoy intensive activities, like gaming and watching movies in 4K, without lag.
Dual-Core CPUAt the heart of the Talon AD7200 is a 1.4GHz dual-core processor that balances the demands of your devices to keep their connections fast and uninterrupted. Game online, stream movies, download files, and share media while the powerful dual-core processor seamlessly manages each Wi-Fi band, every connection, and all of the router’s hardware and software.
Intuitive Mobile InterfaceSetup and manage your Wi-Fi through the TP-Link Tether app, available for both Android and iOS. Tether’s simple layout lets you quickly access Wi-Fi settings such as guest access, device management, and scheduling on your phone or tablet without any complications.
World’s #1 Consumer Wi-Fi Brand*Nearly half the people in the world who use Wi-Fi networking products use TP-Link. With over 150,000 products shipped daily, substantial investment in research and development, and meticulous in-house design, manufacturing and testing, we’re proud to be the world leader in Wi-Fi.3
Features & Specifications
Features & Specs
- Wireless AD—Supports 802.11ad, the latest breakthrough in wireless technology, for Wi-Fi speeds faster than Gigabit Ethernet
- AD7200 Multi-Band—Runs three separate Wi-Fi bands, 60GHz (4600Mbps), 5GHz (1733Mbps), and 2.4GHz (800Mbps)
- Leading-edge antenna design—Creates superior Wi-Fi coverage with eight external antennas, beamforming, and beam-steering
- Future-proof your network—Works with all existing Wi-Fi devices and all future Wireless AD devices
- MU-MIMO—Communicates with several devices at once to reduce wait times and speed up connections
- 4-Stream—Increases overall wireless speeds by adding an extra data stream to the 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi bands
- 1.4GHz dual-core processor—Handles multiple connections at the same time to keep your network running at peak performance
- Gigabit Ethernet—Create fast, reliable wired connections with four Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Dual USB 3.0 ports—Transfers files, music, movies, and photos on attached drives across your network at incredible speed
- VPN—Securely access files on devices connected through USB and Wi-Fi from anywhere
- Guest Network—Provides visitors with Wi-Fi access separate from your main network
- Parental Controls—Manage when and how connected devices can access the Internet
- Tether—Makes it easy to manage your Wi-Fi settings anywhere with the free TP-LINK Tether app (Android, iOS) Warranty and Support—2yr warranty, 24/7 unlimited technical support by phone (1-866-225-8139) and email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 1 Maximum wireless transmission rates are the physical rates derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Range and coverage specifications are based upon test results under normal usage conditions. Actual wireless transmission rate and wireless coverage are not guaranteed, and will vary as a result of 1) environmental factors, including building materials, physical objects and obstacles, 2) network conditions, including local interference, volume and density of traffic, product location, network complexity, and network overhead and 3) client limitations, including rated performance, location, connection quality, and client condition.
- 2 Two or more MU-MIMO-enabled client devices must be connected to achieve faster performance.
- 3 According to latest published IDC Worldwide Quarterly WLAN Tracker Report, Q3 2016 Final Release.