This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Wireless Inkjet All-in-One Color Printer Item # 674994
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Supercharge the office with affordable color and fast two-sided performance. Manage your budget with professional-quality color at up to 50% less cost per page than lasers with the HP Officejet 6978 wireless printer. Set the pace for success with rapid print, scan, and copy speeds. Save paper and conserve resources—consume up to 50% less paper with automatic two-sided printing. Make scanning effortless and accurate. Never turn a page again when you need to scan two-sided documents with this all in one printer.
- Main functions of this HP all in one printer: copy, scan, fax, wireless printing, two-sided duplex printing and scanning, color touchscreen, automatic document feeder, plus more.
- Easily print when and where you need to from your smartphone, tablet, or notebook PC. Printer with mobile printing capability options and mobile setup. Connect the way you want to with Ethernet and wireless networking.
- Download the HP Smart app and easily set up this wireless printer, scan documents with your camera, and print from social media or the cloud, such as Google Drive and Dropbox.
- HP Officejet Pro 6978 is ideal for the home office or small workgroups that need professional-quality, affordable color with powerful productivity and fast functionality.
- Save time by sending scanned documents or photos directly from your printer to email recipients.
- never turn a page again when you need to scan two-sided documents.
- Print speed of up to 20 pages/minute (black) and monthly duty cycle up to 20,000 pages.
- Use Original HP 902, HP 902XL & HP 906XL ink cartridges to print up to 2x the pages vs. refills.
- Paper sizes supported: A4, Letter, 5x7 in, 4x6 in, Legal, 4R, L, Panoramic/10x30 cm, 10x15 cm, 10x15 cm plus tab, 13x18 cm, 4x8.5 in, 13x18 cm.
- What's in the box: HP Officejet Pro 6978 All-in-One Printer, HP 902 Setup Black Officejet Ink Cartridge (~265 pages), HP 902 Setup Cyan Officejet Ink Cartridge, HP 902 Setup Magenta Officejet Ink Cartridge, HP 902 Setup Yellow Officejet Ink Cartridge (CMY composite ~310 pages), User Guide, Setup poster, Power cord, Phone cord.
- Energy efficient — designed to use less energy than alternative products, potentially helping you save money and reduce your carbon footprint.
- ENERGY STAR certified — meets federal guidelines for energy efficiency.
- EPEAT Bronze certified — reduced environmental impact from multiple eco-attributes. Ranked in three tiers: Bronze, Silver or Gold.
|Display Screen Size||2.65 in.|
|automatic document feeder capacity||35 sheets|
|automatic document feeder||Yes|
|number of users||1-5|
|functionality||Copy; Fax; Print; Scan|
|ink/toner cartridge(s) included||Starter-Capacity Cartridge(s)|
|mobile printing||App Based and Email|
|maximum copy enlargement||400 %|
|maximum copy reduction||25 %|
|Maximum Copy Resolution||600 dpi|
|Maximum Copy Speed (Color)||24 copies/min|
|Maximum Copy Speed (Monochrome)||13 copies/min|
|Maximum Print Resolution||600 dpi|
|monthly duty cycle||20000 sheets|
|Maximum Print Speed (Color)||26 pages/min|
|Maximum Print Speed (Monochrome)||30 pages/min|
|Maximum Print Speed (Photo)||26 pages/min|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume||800 sheets|
|Maximum Scanner Optical Resolution||1200 dpi|
|Maximum Scan Speed (Color)||3.5 impressions/min|
|Maximum Scan Speed (Monochrome)||8 impressions/min|
|maximum sheet size||Legal (8-1/2" x 14")|
|memory card reader||No|
|number of paper trays||1|
|operating system compatibility||Windows 7; Mac OS X|
|PC faxing capability||Yes|
|printer series||PCL 3 GUI; PCL 3e|
|Super Tank Inks||No|
|total paper tray capacity||60 sheets|
|Wide Format Printing||No|
|Eco Label Standard||ENERGY STAR; EPEAT Bronze|
|Post Consumer Recycled Content Percentage||0 %|
|printer use||Home Office|
|Product Type||All-In-One Printer|
|Total Recycled Content Percentage||0 %|
|media type||Photo Paper; Bond Paper; Envelope; Presentation Paper; Plain Paper; Recycled Paper; Index Card; Glossy Paper; Matte Paper; Brochure Paper; Inkjet Paper; Hagaki Card; Light Paper|
|Show More ▾|
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 All-in-One Printer
Print speed colorUp to 11 ppm
Print speed blackUp to 20 ppm
Page Volume200 to 800
Affordable, quality color that never runs out3Print color for up to 50% less per page than lasers,4 and save up to 50% on ink with HP Instant Ink.5 Produce color and black text output for the same price, and never run out with ink delivered to your door.3
HP Original Ink Cartridges
- HP 902 Black OfficeJet Print Cartridge (~300 pages)
- HP 902 Cyan OfficeJet Print Cartridge
- HP 902 Magenta OfficeJet Print Cartridge
- HP 902 Yellow OfficeJet Print Cartridge (CMY composite ~315 pages)
- HP 902XL Black OfficeJet Print Cartridge (~825 pages), HP 902XL Cyan OfficeJet Print Cartridge
- HP 902XL Magenta OfficeJet Print Cartridge
- HP 902XL Yellow OfficeJet Print Cartridge (CMY composite ~825 pages)
- HP 906XL Black OfficeJet Print Cartridge (~1500 pages)
In the box
What's in the box
- HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 All-in-One Printer
- HP 902 Setup Black Instant Ink Ready OfficeJet Ink Cartridge (~265 pages), HP 902 Setup Cyan Instant Ink Ready OfficeJet Ink Cartridge, HP 902 Setup Magenta Instant Ink Ready OfficeJet Ink Cartridge, HP 902 Setup Yellow Instant Ink Ready OfficeJet Ink Cartridge (CMY composite ~310 pages)
- User Guide
- Setup poster
- Power cord
- Phone cord
- No, please purchase USB cable separately.
|Print speed black (ISO)||Up to 20 ppm|
|Print speed color (ISO)||Up to 11 ppm|
|Recommended monthly page volume||200 to 800|
|Print technology||HP Thermal Inkjet|
|Print quality black (best)||Up to 600 x 1200 dpi|
|Print quality color (best)||Up to 600 x 1200 dpi|
|Display||2.65” (6.75 cm) CGD touchscreen|
|Processor speed||500 MHz|
|Number of print cartridges||4 (1 each black, cyan, magenta, yellow)|
|Print languages||HP PCL 3 GUI, HP PCL 3 Enhanced|
|HP ePrint capability||Yes|
|Mobile printing capability||
Wireless Direct printing
|Wireless capability||Yes, built-in WiFi 802.11b/g/n|
1 USB 2.0
1 Host USB
1 Wireless 802.11b/g/n
1 RJ-11 fax
|Minimum system requirements||
Microsoft® Windows® 10, 8.1, 8, 7: 32-bit or 64-bit, 2 GB available hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Microsoft® Internet Explorer. Windows Vista®: (32-bit only), 2 GB available hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Microsoft® Internet Explorer 8. Windows® XP SP3 or higher (32-bit only): any Intel® Pentium® II, Celeron® or 233 MHz compatible processor, 850 MB available hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Microsoft® Internet Explorer 8
OS X v10.9 Mavericks, OS X v10.10 Yosemite, OS X v10.11 El Capitan 1GB Available Space, Internet Access
Linux (For more information, see http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/index.html)
|Minimum system requirements for Macintosh||OS X v10.9 Mavericks, OS X v10.10 Yosemite, OS X v10.11 El Capitan, 1GB Available Space, Internet Access|
|Compatible operating systems||
Microsoft® Windows® 10, 8.1, 8, 7: 32-bit or 64-bit, 2 GB available hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Microsoft® Internet Explorer. Windows Vista®: (32-bit only), 2 GB available hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Microsoft® Internet Explorer 8. Windows® XP SP3 or higher (32-bit only): any Intel® Pentium® II, Celeron® or 233 MHz compatible processor, 850 MB available hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Microsoft® Internet Explorer 8 OS X v10.9 Mavericks, OS X v10.10 Yosemite, OS X v10.11 El Capitan 1GB Available Space, Internet Access
(For more information, see http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/index.html)
|Memory, standard||1 GB|
|Memory, maximum||1 GB|
|Paper handling input, standard||225-sheet input tray, 35-sheet ADF|
|Paper handling output, standard||60-sheet output tray|
|Duplex printing||Automatic (standard)|
|Media sizes supported||
A4, A5, A6, B5(JIS), 6 x 8 in, Executive, Index card 3.5 x 5 in, Index card 4 x 6 in, Index card 5 x 8 in, Index card A4, Index card Letter, 3.5 x 5 in, 4 x 6 in, 5 x 7 in, 13 x 18 cm, 8 x 10 in, 10 x 15 cm, L, Photo 2L, 8.5 x 13 in, Legal, Letter, Statement, Envelope #10, Envelope A2, Envelope C5, Envelope C6, Envelope DL
Envelope Monarch, Card Envelope 4.4 x 6 in
|Media sizes, custom||Tray 1: 3.5 x 8.5 to 5 x 14 in|
|Media types||Plain Paper, HP Photo Papers,HP Matte Brochure or Professional Paper, HP Matte Presentation Paper, HP Glossy Brochure or Professional Paper, Other Photo Inkjet Papers, Other Matte Inkjet Papers, Other Glossy Inkjet Papers, Inkjet Hagaki, Plain Paper, Thick, Plain Paper, Light/Recycled|
|Media weight, recommended||
16 to 28 lb (plain paper)
60 to 75 lb (photo)
20 to 24 lb (envelope)
90 to 110 lb (card)
|Borderless printing||Yes (up to 8.5 x 11 in, 216 x 279 mm)|
|Scan size (flatbed), maximum||8.5 x 11.7 in|
|Scan size (ADF), maximum||
8.5 x 14 in (one-sided)
A4, Letter (two-sided)
|Scanner type||Flatbed, ADF|
|Scan file format||Scan File Type supported by Software: Bitmap (.bmp), JPEG (.jpg), PDF (.pdf), PNG (.png), Rich Text (.rtf), Searchable PDF (.pdf), Text (.txt), TIFF (.tif)|
|Scan resolution, optical||Up to 1200 dpi|
|Duplex ADF scanning||Double-sided|
|Automatic document feeder capacity||Standard, 35 sheets|
|Digital sending standard features||Scan to thumb drive/PC|
|Copy resolution (black text)||Up to 600 x 600 dpi|
|Copy resolution (color text and graphics)||Up to 600 x 600 dpi|
|Copy reduce / enlarge settings||25 to 400%|
|Copies, maximum||Up to 99 copies|
|Fax transmission speed||4 sec per page|
|Fax memory||Up to 100 pages|
|Fax resolution||Up to 300 x 300 dpi|
|Speed dials, maximum number||99|
|Broadcast locations||20 locations|
|Power||Input voltage: 100 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 3 Hz)|
|Power consumption||27 watts maximum, 5.5 watts (Active), 0.29 watts (Manual-Off), 1.21 watts (Sleep)|
|Energy efficiency||ENERGY STAR® qualified|
|Operating temperature range||41 to 104ºF|
|Operating humidity range||20 to 80% RH (non-condensing)|
|Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)||18.26 x 15.35 x 9.0 in|
|Maximum dimensions (W x D x H)||18.26 x 20.39 x 9.0 in|
One-year limited hardware warranty
For more info please visit us at http://support.hp.com
4 months of Instant Ink & 3 months of Canva Pro FREE with the purchase of any eligible new HP OfficeJet Pro printer between 1/1/21 and 3/31/21: Offer valid with the purchase of the following printers: HP OfficeJet Pro 6978, HP OfficeJet Pro 8210, HP OfficeJet Pro 8025, HP OfficeJet Pro 8035, HP OfficeJet Pro 9015, HP OfficeJet Pro 9025, HP OfficeJet Pro 9019 Premier. Oﬀer valid in the US and Canada. Requires a valid credit/debit card, an email address, and Internet connection. Canva Pro and Instant Ink subscriptions can be cancelled at any time.
4 months free Instant Ink: To redeem the free four month subscription of Instant Ink, please visit hpinstantink.com. Offer requires enrollment in HP Instant Ink and acceptance of Instant Ink terms of service within 7 days of setting up the eligible printer. The 4 free months will be credited to your account during enrollment of Instant Ink. Offer must be redeemed by April 7, 2021. If your printer already comes with additional Instant Ink free months (please check printer box), the 4-months free Instant Ink offer here will not be added to that offer. Promotion is not stackable with any other available Instant Ink promotions. Value of 4 months free ink oﬀer is dependent on the Instant Ink plan chosen during enrollment – maximum 4 month value is $99.96.
3 months free Canva Pro: To redeem the free ninety (90) day subscription to Canva Pro, please visit hp.com/canvapro. The serial number or invoice for your eligible printer will be required. Offer must be redeemed by April 30, 2021. The offer will be credited upon the creation of a Canva account and acceptance of Canva’s terms of service. Value of 3 months free Canva Pro offer is $38.85.
Recycling: Program availability varies. Original HP cartridge return and recycling is currently available in more than 60 countries, territories and regions in Asia, Africa, Europe, and North and South America through the HP Planet Partners program. Program availability varies. For details, see hp.com/recycle.
Never run out of ink: Based on plan usage, internet connection to eligible HP printer, valid credit/debit card, email address, and delivery service in your geographic area.
Automatic delivery: Printers require direct connection to the internet for program participation. Internet access sold separately.
Change or cancel anytime: When upgrading the plan you can choose for the change to take effect in the current billing cycle or the next billing cycle. Cancellations and plan downgrades are effective after the last day of the current billing period. For service details, see HP Instant Ink Terms of Service.