This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
OKI® Microline® 490 Dot Matrix Printer Item # 714672
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Whether you need regular output of continuous multi-part forms, fine business correspondence - or combinations of both - 24-pin OKI ML490/491 printers are the single solution. They handle the printing needs of the most demanding environments - including point-of-sale, automation and utility applications such as wholesale or retail sales counters, financial departments, and manufacturing or warehouse sites. Yet they also produce letter-quality type and high-resolution graphics for the office and executive suite.The ML490/491 sport features that give them a strong edge over their predecessors as well as the competition. An internal cooling fan provides continuous airflow for the printhead - maximizing throughput productivity for long, unattended print jobs. Additional feed rollers provide precise forms handling and printed-character placement accuracy. 3-piece top cover provides easy access and unsurpassed break resistance. The ML490/491 printers run the gamut of paper types and envelopes at lightning speed - reaching 475 cps in Utility/Draft mode and 105 cps in Letter-quality. Their rugged printhead (200 million-character average life expectancy) is made up of powerful samarium magnets and stored-energy pins that deliver precise, sharp characters all the way through to the last page of a 5-part form. The patented OKI closed-loop feedback system assures character placement accuracy. And a zero-tear feature accurately positions continuous forms for a clean tear at the perforation to eliminate wasted stock.
- Built-in fan provides continuous airflow. This rugged printer is designed to perform demanding tasks hour after hour, and the internal fan keeps cool air circulating to maximize productivity and ensure that it doesn't overheat during long, unattended print jobs.
- Powerful printhead processes 5-page documents. The printhead on the Microline 490 is made up of strong samarium magnets and stored energy pins that deliver precise, well-defined characters all the way through to the last page of a 5-page form. An expandable head gap accommodates multi-part forms and extra-thick stock.
- Durable construction saves you time and money. Your new printer comes with an outstanding MTBF (mean time between failure) rating of 20,000 power-on hours and a printhead with an average life expectancy of 200 million characters, offering you built-in reliability and sparing you the time and expense of frequent repairs. The Microline 490 will hold up in the most demanding work environments, making it ideal for use at point-of-sale, warehouse and manufacturing sites.
- Efficient printing — up to 475 cps. Operating at up to 475 characters per second in utility/draft mode and 105 characters per second when delivering letter-quality printing, this 24-pin impact printer handles the hard assignments at a pace that won't keep you waiting.
- Small footprint — great for countertops. At just 6"H x 15 7/10"W x 13 3/5"D, this hardy printer can fit comfortably on almost any desk or counterpart, where it will always be within easy reach when needed.
- 360 x 360 max resolution for sharp printouts. Resolution this high will ensure that the data on your business forms, contracts, spreadsheets and other documents is clear and legible time after time. Extra feed rollers help ensure that characters are precisely placed on the page.
- User-friendly design makes your job easier. Controls are conveniently located on the front panel for fast access, and the automatic loading of continuous and cut stock makes every project easier. The design of the internal sheet separator lets you load tractor-fed paper quickly and effortlessly. The zero-tear feature accurately positions continuous forms for a clean tear at the perforation.
- USB, parallel interfaces for flexible connectivity. The choice of ports lets you hook up quickly and easily to virtually any computer with a standard USB or parallel connection.
- Backed by manufacturer's limited 3-year standard warranty parts and labor, plus 2-year warranty on the print head.
|connector type||Parallel; USB|
|dimensions||6"H x 15.7"W x 13.6"D|
|Input Voltage||110 V AC|
|Language Emulation||Oki Microline; IBM Graphics ProPrinter|
|Max Resolution (B&W)||360 dpi|
|maximum black and white print resolution||360 x 360 dpi|
|maximum black and white print speed||475 cps|
|Maximum Mono Print Speed (cps)||475|
|maximum sheet size||A4 (8.27" x 11.69"); letter (8 1/2" x 11"); legal (8 1/2" x 14")|
|Media Feeders||1 x manual - 1 roll - Roll (10 in)|
|Media Handling||Pull Tractor Top; Push Tractor|
|media type||Cut Sheet; Roll Paper|
|model||Microline 490; ML490|
|Number of Pins||24-pin|
|operating system compatibility||Windows NT 4.0; Windows 95; Windows 98; Windows Me; Windows 2000; Windows XP|
|ports||1 parallel; 1 USB|
|power source||AC Supply|
|RAM Installed (Max)||128 KB|
|starter ribbon included||yes|
|warranty length||3-year limited (parts & labor); 2-year limited (printhead)|
|Weight (Approximate)||16.40 lb|
|Show More ▾|
From the Manufacturer|Powered by
OKI MICROLINE 490 Serial Impact Dot Matrix Printer
High-volume versatility in forms and correspondence.
Whether you need regular output of continuous multi-part forms, fine business correspondence—or combinations of both—24-pin OKI® ML490/491 printers are the single solution. They handle the printing needs of the most demanding environments—including point-of-sale, automation and utility applications such as wholesale or retail sales counters, financial departments, and manufacturing or ware-house sites. Yet they also produce letter-quality type and high-resolution graphics for the office and executive suite.
Unequaled performance technology.
The ML490/491 sport features that give them a strong edge over their predecessors as well as the competition:
• An internal cooling fan provides continuous airflow for the printhead— maximizing throughput productivity for long, unattended print jobs
• Additional feed rollers provide precise forms handling and printed-character placement accuracy
• 3-piece top cover provides easy access and unsurpassed break resistance.
Fast, with finesse.
ML490/491 printers run the gamut of paper types and envelopes at lightning speed—reaching 475 cps in Utility/Draft mode and 105 cps in Letter-quality. Their rugged printhead (200 million-character average life expectancy) is made up of powerful samarium magnets and stored-energy pins that deliver precise, sharp characters all the way through to the last page of a 5-part form.
The patented OKI closed-loop feedback system assures character placement accuracy. And a zero-tear feature accurately positions continuous forms for a clean tear at the perforation to eliminate wasted stock.
Sturdy and sophisticated.
Field-proven reliability is just one reason OKI MICROLINE printers are the most widely-used impact printers in North America.1 The rugged, reliable OKI ML490/491 printers are sure to win you over, too!
Built to last, inside and out.
The performance-optimized power supply of the OKI® MICROLINE® 490/491 has been enlarged to easily handle harsh printing conditions. Its energy management capabilities match power expenditures to print-job size, maximizing the life of the 24-pin printhead and other components. A long-lasting rack-and-pinion drive system ensures print quality longer than belt or cable systems.
And the ergonomically-designed, impact-resistant chassis protects the ML490/491 from damage, even in the toughest working environments.
All this performance is user-friendly.
Controls are conveniently placed on the front panel for fast access. The automatic loading of continuous and cut stock makes every print job easier, and the design of the internal sheet separator enables easy loading of tractor-fed paper into the rear push tractor.
OKI provides the edge in performance no competing printer can claim—and backs it with 3 years of warranty coverage 2 and a network of authorized OKI Dealer Service Centers and Service Depots.
The high-quality, highly reliable and highly affordable ML490/491 Impact printers from OKI. Put them to work in your office or behind the counter—and watch them drive your productivity to new limits while they improve the look of your forms printing.
1 2002 NPD Intellect and Evans Research Market Share Data.
23-year standard warranty parts and labor /2-year printhead.
|Print Speed And Quality|
|Super Speed Draft (cps)||475|
|High Speed Draft (cps)||420|
|Utility Speed (cps)||315|
|Near Letter Quality Speed (cps)||N/A|
|Letter Quality Speed (cps)||126|
|Number Of Colors||1|
|Maximum Graphics Resolution (dpi)||360 x 360|
|Fonts and Bar Codes|
|Resident Scalable Fonts||Yes|
|Resident Bar Code Fonts||Yes|
|No. Of |
|Automatic Paper Forms Loading||Yes|
|Short Tear Off||Yes|
|Zero Tear Off||Yes|
|Pin Feed Platen||N/A|
|Top Pull Tractors||Optional|
|Paper Feed Rate (inch per second)||4.5|
|Cut Sheet Feeder Option||Optional|
|Roll Paper Stand Option||Optional|
|Number of Pins||24|
|Expanded Head Gap||Yes|
|Printhead Life (characters)||400 million|
|Memory Buffer Size||128K|
|Monthly Workload (pages)||20,000|
|Operating / Physical Specifications|
|Noise Level In Operating Mode (dBA)||56|
|Ribbon Life (characters)||7.5 million|
|Power Voltage||120v or 220v|
|EPA Energy Star Compliance||Yes|
|Dimensions Of Narrow Carriage w/out Box|
(W x D x H) (inches)
|15.7 x 13.6 x 6.0|
|Dimensions Of Wide Carriage w/out Box|
(W x D x H) (inches)
|Weight Of Narrow Carriage w/out Box (lb.)||16.4|
|Weight Of Wide Carriage w/out Box (lb.)||N/A|
|Front Panel Direct Access Controls||Yes|
|Front Panel Limited Function Mode||Yes|
|Warranty||3-year standard warranty parts and labor; 2-year printhead|
|Toll Free Telephone Support (hours/days)||24 / 7|
|Emulations||Epson® LQ, IBM® ProPrinter®, IBM AGM, IBM XL24|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® XP, 2000, 98/95, 3.x and NT® 4.0; MS-DOS®|