This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
StarTech.com Serial adapter card - PCI - serial - 2 ports Item # 737637
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Add 2 high-speed RS-232 serial ports to your PC through a PCI expansion slot. The PCI2S550 2 Port 16550 Serial Card can be installed in an available PCI slot to add two RS232 serial ports to your system. A cost-effective solution for connecting any new or legacy serial device, with data transfer rates of up to 115.2 Kbps.The adapter card supports IRQ sharing and is perfect for connecting serial modems, POS devices, PDAs, digital cameras, printers, ISDN terminal adapters and more to your system.The card can be connected in minutes through simple plug and play installation.
|Certifications & Standards||CE; FCC|
|form factor||Plug-in Card|
|maximum data transfer rate||Up to 920 kbit/s|
|ports||2 serial (external)|
|warranty length||2-year limited|
|Weight (Approximate)||2.20 oz|
|What's Included||2 Port PCI RS232 Serial Adapter Card with 16550 UART; 2 x Low Profile PCI Bracket; 1 x Driver CD; 1 x Instruction Manual|
|Show More ▾|
Add 2 high-speed RS-232 serial ports to your PC through a PCI expansion slot
- Supports the RS-232 serial interface
- IRQ sharing saves resources and eliminates conflicts
- 16 byte FIFO buffer ensures fast data transfer while multitasking
- 5, 6, 7, 8-bit characters selection
- Even, odd, no parity, or force parity generations
Compatible with any PC running Windows®, DOS® or Linux® for simple integration into your applicationPerfect for connecting serial modems, POS devices, PDAs, digital cameras, printers, ISDN terminal adapters and more to your system, the adapter card supports IRQ sharing and operates flawlessly with Windows® 7, Server 2008 R2, XP, Server 2003, 2000, ME, 98, 95, NT4, 3.1, DOS® and Linux®.
Data transfer rates of up to 115.2 Kbps for efficient serial device performanceThe PCI2S550 2 Port 16550 Serial Card can be installed in an available PCI slot to add two RS232 serial ports to your system. A cost-effective solution for connecting any new or legacy serial device, with data transfer rates of up to 115.2 Kbps.
- Manufacturing (CNC machinery, process control equipment, bar code scanners, serial printers)
- POS (credit/debit card readers, receipt printers, bar code scanners, cash registers, scales)
- Consumer (modems, PDAs, digital cameras, printers)
- Security (UPS control, access key panels, video cameras, card readers, modems)
- Casino (video lottery terminals, slot machines)
- Environmental Control (lighting, temperature, clocks)
- Healthcare (patient monitoring equipment, nurses' stations, modems)
- Hotel Front Desk (serial printers, bar code scanners, keyboard, mouse, receipt printer, credit/debit card reader)
- Hospitality/Restaurant (credit card/debit card reader, serial printers)
- ISDN Networking