This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
D-Link® DSS-16+ Express EtherNetwork™ 16-Port 10/100Mbps Switch Item # 784416
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Provides high-speed networking across up to 16 computers with Plug and Play simplicity
- 3.2Gbps total switching capacity for maximum data throughput.
- Unmanaged switch has 16 10/100Base-T ports and a non-blocking wire-speed architecture. With wire-speed filtering and store-and-forward switching, the DSS-16+ maximizes network performance while minimizing the propagation of bad network packets.
- Auto Speed Sensing to automatically adjust to handle network devices running at 10Mbps or 100Mbps.
- Auto Negotiation (full or half duplex) that negotiates and runs the highest supported transmission rate.
- Eliminates the need for crossover cables or uplink ports. Supports Auto MDI/MDI-X crossover so all ports automatically detect the type of network cable being used.
- Integrated universal power supply and per-port diagnostic LEDs that make it easy to check for problems.
|automatic speed sensing||yes|
|Certifications & Standards||Emissions: CE Mark Class A; FCC Class A; VCCI-A; C-Tick IEEE:; 802.3 Ethernet; 802.3u Fast Ethernet; 802.1d Spanning Tree Protocol; 802.3x Flow control|
|dimensions||1.75"H x 11"W x 7.1"D|
|Input Voltage||110 V AC; 220 V AC|
|manufacturer||D-Link Systems, Inc.|
|maximum data transfer rate||200|
|Media Type Supported||Twisted Pair|
|plug and play||yes|
|Port/Expansion Slot Details||16 x Fast Ethernet Network|
|ports||16 10/100 Ethernet (RJ-45)|
|Product Line||Express EtherNetwork|
|Standard Memory||512 KB|
|Total Number of Network Ports||16|
|warranty length||5-year limited; 3-year limited|
|Weight (Approximate)||4.19 lb|
|What's Included||1 DSS-16+ Switch; 1 External Power Supply; 1 DSS-16+ User's Guide|
|Show More ▾|
Product Q & A
From the Manufacturer|Powered by
OverviewWith the D-Link 16-Port 10/100 Unmanaged Desktop or Rackmount Switch, you can easily expand your business or home network by adding more computers and devices, each achieving speeds up to 200 Mbps per port in full-duplex mode. Quickly and securely connect employees working in small offices with one another and all of the servers, printers, and other devices they use. High performance and reliable connectivity help speed file transfers and data processing, improve network uptime, and keep your employees connected and productive.
Expand and Upgrade Your Network
The DSS-16+ offers an economical way for SOHO and small to medium businesses (SMB) to benefit from high-speed networking. It provides sixteen ports for easy expansion of your network and a quick way to upgrade your network to Fast Ethernet connectivity.
The DSS-16+ 16-Port 10/100 Unmanaged Desktop or Rackmount Switch helps you conserve energy through IEEE802.3az EEE, which works when both the switch and its link partner are EEE-compliant devices. This power saving feature automatically puts the switch into a low power idle state when the switch utilization is zero, allowing you to lower your energy usage and save on your energy costs.
Designed with the Environment in Mind
The DSS-16+ is compliant with Energy Star Level V, as well as with the stringent CEC and MEPS regulations that require the use of energy efficient power adapters. They use recyclable packaging that helps reduce waste, complying with the WEEE directive. It’s innovatively designed to run cool and quiet without sacrificing performance.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
D-Link offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty on the DSS-16+ to further its commitment to product quality and long-term customer confidence. The Limited Lifetime Warranty applies for as long as the original customer owns the product or five (5) years after product discontinuance, whichever occurs first.
• IEEE802.3az EEE (Energy Efficient Ethernet)
• RoHS compliant
• IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T Ethernet (twisted-pair copper)
• IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet (twisted pair copper)
• IEEE 802.3az Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE)
• ANSI/IEEE 802.3 NWay auto-negotiation
• Plug-and-play installation
• Full/half-duplex for Ethernet/Fast Ethernet speeds
• IEEE 802.3x Flow Control
• IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T Ethernet (twisted pair copper)
• IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet (twisted-pair copper)
• ANSI/IEEE 802.3 NWay auto-negotiation
• IEEE 802.3x flow control
• IEEE 802.3az EEE function
• IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T
• IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX compliance
• IEEE 802.3x Flow Control support
Data Transfer Rates
• Fast Ethernet
• 100 Mbps Half-Duplex
• 200 Mbps Full-Duplex
• 10 Mbps Half-Duplex
• 20 Mbps Full-Duplex
• 3.2 Gbps
Number of Ports
• 16 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet ports
• UTP CAT 3/4/5/5e (100 m max.)
• EIA/TIA-586 100-ohm STP (100 m max.)
• UTP CAT 5/5e (100 m max.)
• EIA/TIA-568 100-ohm STP (100 m max.)
Media Interface Exchange
• Auto MDI/MDIX adjustment for all ports
• Per port:
• Per device:
MAC Address Table
• 8K entries per device
MAC Address Learning
• Automatic update
Packet Filtering /Forwarding Rates
• Ethernet: 14,880 pps per port
• Fast Ethernet: 148,800 pps per port
• 11.0 x 5.0 x 1.7 inches (280 x 125.8 x 44 mm)
• 2.376lbs (1.08kg)
• Power On (Standby):
• DC input: 0.23 Watts
• AC input: 0.8 Watts
• DC input: 1.32 Watts
• AC input: 2.36 Watts
• Power On (Standby):
• AC input: 2.7296 BTU/h
• AC input: 8.0547 BTU/h
• 492,096 hours
• Operating: 32 to 104 °F (0 to 40 °C)
• Storage: 14 to 158 °F (-10 to 70 °C)
• Operating: 10% to 90% non-condensing
• Storage: 5% to 90% non-condensing
• DSS-16+ 16-Port 10/100 Unmanaged Desktop or Rackmount Switch
• Limited Lifetime1
All references to speed are for comparison purposes only. Product specifications, size and shape are subject to change without notice, and actual product appearance may differ from that depicted herein.
DatasheetDatasheet for DSS-16+ Unmanaged 10/100 Desktop/Rackmount SwitchPDF, 649K, 3 pages
- 1 Limited Lifetime Warranty Available in the U.S.A. only