This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
Kingston's KC1000 hard drive is a high-performance PCIe NVMe solution, that is much faster. Using a PCIe Gen 3.0 interface and a multi-channel Phison PS5007-E7 controller, this drive features a few cores and more DRAM to help power users blaze through even the tough projects with high-speed data transfers. KC1000 uses native OS drivers and is NVMe 1.2 compliant, which allows users to take full advantage of the high throughput, IOPS and low latency, that is available to systems, that support NVMe. This protocol was designed specifically to support flash-based storage. It removes performance bottlenecks and provides the system with instant access to the device, once the hard drive is installed. KC1000 is easily installed in either a standard M.2 or PCI Express socket, using the add-in card for greater design-in flexibility, when used by system builders.
|Compatible Bay||M.2 2280|
|Drive Interface||PCI Express|
|Drive Writes Per Day (DWPD)||0.64|
|form factor||M.2 2280|
|hard drive type||solid state drive|
|manufacturer||Kingston Technology Company|
|Maximum 4KB Random Read||290000 IOPS|
|Maximum Read Transfer Rate||2.64 GB/s|
|Maximum Write Transfer Rate||900 MB/s|
|SSD Endurance||550 TB|
|storage capacity||480 GB|
|warranty length||5-year limited|
|Weight (Approximate)||0.35 oz|
From the Manufacturer|Powered by
|Form factor||M.2 2280|
|Interface||NVMe™ PCIe Gen 3.0 x 4 Lanes|
|Capacities2 ||240GB, 480GB, 960GB|
240GB — up to 2700/900MB/s
480GB, 960GB — up to 2700/1600MB/s
|Maximum 4K Read/Write1||
240GB — up to 225,000/190,000 IOPS
480GB, 960GB — up to 290,000/190,000 IOPS
|Random 4K Read/Write||
240GB, 480GB — up to 190,000/160,000 IOPS
960GB — up to 190,000/165,000 IOPS
|PCMARK® Vantage HDD Suite Score||150,000|
|Total Bytes Written (TBW)4||
240GB — 300TB and .70 DWPD5
480GB — 550TB and .64 DWPD5
960GB — 1PB and .58 DWPD5
.11W Idle / .99W Avg / 4.95W (MAX) Read / 7.40W (MAX) Write
-40°C to 85°C
0°C to 70°C
80mm x 22mm x 3.5mm (M.2)
180.98mm x 120.96mm x 21.59mm (with HHHL AIC – standard bracket)
181.29mm x 80.14mm x 23.40mm (with HHHL AIC – low-profile bracket)
76g (with HHHL AIC – standard bracket)
69g (with HHHL AIC – low-profile bracket)
2.17G Peak (7–800Hz)
20G Peak (20–1000Hz)
Limited 5-year warranty with free technical support
This SSD is designed for use in desktop and notebook computer workloads, and is not intended for Server environments.
KC1000 DatasheetPDF, 1.82MB, 2 pages
- 1 Based on “out-of-box performance” using a SATA Rev 3.0 / PCIe 3.0 motherboard. Speed may vary due to host hardware, software, and usage. IOMETER Random 4K Read/Write is based on 8GB partition.
- 2 Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’s Flash Memory Guide at Kingston.com/flashguide.
- 3 Limited warranty based on 5 years or “SSD Life Remaining” which can be found using the Kingston SSD Manager (Kingston.com/SSDManager). A new, unused product will show a wear indicator value of one hundred (100), whereas a product that has reached its endurance limit of program erase cycles will show a wear indicator value of one (1). See Kingston.com/wa for details.
- 4 Total Bytes Written (TBW) is derived from the JEDEC Client Workload (JESD219A)
- 5 Drive Writes Per Day (DWPD)
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability