This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
Crucial MX500 500 GB Internal Solid State Drive, SATA (SATA/600), M.2 2280, 560 MB/s Maximum Read Transfer Rate, 510 MB/s Maximum Write Transfer Rate, 256-bit Encryption Standard Item # 7989918
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
This high-read, high-write, powerful solid state drive helps you save time on complex computer tasks. The 256-bit encryption encodes all of your data to help keep your computer safe from hackers.
- The high-read speed of 560 MB/s maximizes system performance and saves time while you are doing complex tasks.
- With the high-write speed of 510 MB/s, get a quick response when updating or transferring files.
- 500GB solid state drive (internal) provides sufficient storage for your computer.
- 256-bit encryption protects your PC from hackers and thieves by encoding all your data.
- Have data stored faster with SATA/600 (M.2 2280 drive) interface that optimizes burst performance
|storage capacity||500 GB|
|device connector type||SATA600|
|dimensions||3/32 in. X 7/8 in. X 3-5/32 in.|
|Eco Label Standard||WEEE; RoHS|
|Product Type||Internal Solid State Storage Drive|
|Maximum Read Transfer Rate||587202560|
|Maximum Write Transfer Rate||534773760|
|Product Name||MX500 M.2 2280 Solid State Drive|
|form factor||M.2 2280|
|Show More ▾|
Crucial MX500 Solid State Drive
- Sequential reads/writes up to 560 / 510 MB/s on all file types1
- Random reads/writes up to 95k / 90k on all file types1
- Over 45x more energy efficient than a typical hard drive2
- Accelerated by Micron 3D NAND technology
- More durable than a hard drive – no small moving parts that are prone to failure
- Dynamic Write Acceleration delivers faster saves and file transfers
- Integrated Power Loss Immunity preserves all your saved work if the power unex-pectedly gets cut
- AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption keeps data safe and secure from hackers and thieves
- Exclusive Data Defense guards against data corruption
- Adaptive Thermal Protection limits temperatures within the drive
- Includes free Acronis® True Image™ HD software for easy data migration
- Compatible with the Crucial® Storage Executive tool for easy drive maintenance
- 5-year limited warranty
IT’S WORTH IT.Every time you turn on your computer, you’re using your storage drive. It holds all your irreplaceable files and it loads and saves almost everything your system does. Join more and more people who are keeping their family videos, travel photos, music, and important documents on an SSD, and get the near-instant performance and lasting reliability that comes with solid state storage. Upgrade with the Crucial® MX500 SSD, a drive built on quality, speed, and security that’s all backed by helpful service and support. Even if you’ve never installed an SSD, don’t sweat it – our step-by-step guide walks you through the process to make installation easy. It’s worth it.
1. Based on the published specs of the 1TB model. Speeds based on internal testing. Actual performance may vary.
2. Active average power use comparison based on published specs of the 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD and the 1TB Western Digital® Caviar Blue™ WD10EZEX internal hard drive, which, as of November 2017, is one of the industry’s top-selling internal hard drives. All other capacities of the Crucial MX500 SSD have comparable active average power consumption specs.